PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Florence
20-01-2004, 08:16
While trying to get my email password I found this..

aup.feedback@ntlworld.com if you have any suggestions about changes to the AUP policy.....

If you would like to make a suggestion on how we can improve the Acceptable Use Policy section of this site, please send your ideas to aup.feedback@ntlworld.com.

Please note - only use this address for making constructive criticism and suggestions. Do not send reports of abuse to this address as they will be automatically discarded.

Bifta
20-01-2004, 09:47
Go on, I dare you to send one to it mentioning the 'cap' ;)

Ben
20-01-2004, 10:25
Where did you find thie addy Kitty? Also even if you did send something would you get any reply or even an auto reply :p

Would be interesting just to see that :D

Sociable
20-01-2004, 10:42
Email sent today. :)

Perhaps a better wording in the AUP in the section about the CAP would be along the lines of:

"Users regularly found to be maximising their connection at peak times may be asked to restrict large transfers to off-peak times for the benefit of all users of the network. For the purposes of calculating excessive use any data transfers outside peak-times will be excluded."

The logic behind this suggestion is that, as it stands, anyone only using 900MB of transfers per day but only doing so between 6-10 PM each day is not defined as exceeding the acceptable use guidelines but someone downloading 1050 per day but avoiding peak times for the benefit of others is defined as exceeding the guidelines. The reality, however, is that it is the former not the latter that is having a detrimental effect on other users.

Just a suggestion.

Peter xxxxxxxxxx

01438 xxxxxx

Will report back if I get any reply. LOL

Ben
20-01-2004, 10:45
haha should of guessed it would of been you sociable :D

Sociable
20-01-2004, 10:54
haha should of guessed it would of been you sociable :D

Well it is my B'day so I'm allowed to have some fun. :)

First update: No auto response (surprise surprise)

But expecting a detailed and constructive reply "SOON" (as defined by NTL that is) :naughty:

Florence
20-01-2004, 15:24
Where did you find thie addy Kitty? Also even if you did send something would you get any reply or even an auto reply :p

Would be interesting just to see that :D

On NTLworld.
here (http://www.ntlworld.com/help/aup/index.html)

Internet security....

Nice one Sociable I will be sending one now I am home from work.