PDA

View Full Version : All I want to know is.......

Tracy
19-01-2004, 12:23
how and why are NTL allowed to get away with their attitude towards employees and customers alike?

If anyone remembers me, I started writing to this forum a few weeks before Christmas, obviously with my own grievances with the general attitude of NTL in my case.

All through the case, NTL have not backed down, they havent apologised, they have been smug and arrogant, downright rude and ignorant and completely indifferent to the way in which they have conducted themselves generally.

Checking out this forum, it seems they do it to everybody.... The ombudsman didnt seem to want to know that I feel they should bring it to the attention of NTL that the countless complaints *must* have a bearing on the reputation of NTL and the Ombudsman alike.

Why isnt there a BIG investigation into the shenanigans of NTL? - their attitude stinks and people are being harrassed and stressed over the incompetency of this company.

Why.... why.... why??

Tracy <--- continuing to rant because, although she has reluctantly accepted the Ombudsmans Provisional Conclusions, NTL have *yet* to provide her with the prescribed remedy! Waiting for NTL to get their thumbs outta their bums is like waiting for NThell to freeze over!

Neil
19-01-2004, 12:30
As I have always said Tracy-the rot starts at the top, & with monkies like ntl have making the decisions that they do, it's really no wonder they have the reputation that they do.

PS-I remember you. :wavey: :)

andygrif
19-01-2004, 12:38
As I have always said Tracy-the rot starts at the top, & with monkies like ntl have making the decisions that they do, it's really no wonder they have the reputation that they do.

I agree with this on the whole, and every call centre has its share of morons, incompetence, jobs-worths, etc etc etc. It's the nature of the beast - they're like modern day sweat shops.

However, ntl has MORE than it's fair share of morons, incompetence, jobs-worths, etc etc etc.

We can blame this on the systems, we can blame this on the managers that hire them, we can blame it on hormones if you like - but so many of these people (with exceptions obviously) are totally disconnected from the real world, customer service values and common courtesy.

I often wonder if these people are so thick, rude and useless when they leave their call centres, or if it's like a Jeckyl and Hyde thing going on...be as rude as possible to as many customers as possible, then once they get out they're as nice as pie.

If any CS reps are reading this, can I remind you of one thing? You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!

Andy E
19-01-2004, 13:03
"If any CS reps are reading this, can I remind you of one thing? You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!"

and can i remind any customers reading this . You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!"

orangebird
19-01-2004, 13:04
"If any CS reps are reading this, can I remind you of one thing? You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!"

and can i remind any customers reading this . You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!"

Just what I was thinking... :)

ian@huth
19-01-2004, 13:06
If any CS reps are reading this, can I remind you of one thing? You're talking to human beings on the end of that phone line....try acting like one...please!

Whilst I agree that you do get really bad customer service reps in call centres, they are all not like this. Remember that there are human beings on BOTH ends of the phone line and both should act in a proper manner.

Mr.Moony
19-01-2004, 13:08
TS has some very skilled people in it to be fair. Then again its more customer service than technical skills.

Sociable
19-01-2004, 13:11
If there are any human beings reading this thread can they please apply to be NTL customers and NTL CS staff in equal numbers please.

That said please remember CS staff are paid to be nice, customers pay to be treated nicely.

John Doe
19-01-2004, 13:39
That said please remember CS staff are paid to be nice, customers pay to be treated nicely.

Hmm, i pay for an internet connection... :erm:

When i have a fault i want it fixing, when i have an enquiry i want it answering. I dont want people asking if ive had a nice day or what the weather is like... Just get to the point and stop wasting time.

There is a line to be draw.

Obviously being rude and down right ignorant is the wrong side of the line and yes I agree some of ntl is like that.

Colin
19-01-2004, 13:39
If there are any human beings reading this thread can they please apply to be NTL customers and NTL CS staff in equal numbers please.

That is very true sociable. Very true. CS are paid to be nice. But no one is entilted to treat anyone like a piece of crap,, even if they do pay. Which although i know its not all customers that do this, there are a lot that do (oh my god that was the first time in nthw that i nearly used the 'tar with the same brush' speech when talking bout customers. wow)

Its always worth to note on both sides that the way you speak to someone, in any form of life, is the way you will be spoken to. As mentioned before...only human :)

steve5424
19-01-2004, 13:40
From my time in CS I would have to say it is not always the staff that are rude, obnoxius and stupid!!

Tracy
19-01-2004, 15:55

My gripe isnt with the poor ol' CS reps - not at all - they are the last people I do have a complaint with! They are paid a basic wage to be nice to irate customers all day long. The phones do not stop ringing on a normal working day, I am sure! I know this because 99.99% of the time *I* couldnt get through on the helplines. That was how my problems first began - I wasnt able to speak to a human being for love or money! I sent 4 emails, all ignored. I sent over 10 letters to their registered office, all ignored (but they managed to cash the cheques - weirder and weirder!). Then when I made a complaint, in writing, the response didnt include anything I had said in the letter - I was directed to a telephone no. to ring and guess what? I couldnt get through because of the volume of calls. So, a letter was sent back reiterating this and it was..... ignored. Then I got onto the Ombusdman because NTL decided to slap an enforcement notice of me because I hadnt contacted them!!!!!!! aghhhh! In the process they denied I had attempted in any way to contact them (cos *they* ignored ALL correspondence!) and had the cheek to say *they* had evidence that they had done everything in their power to help me, and smugly announced that *I* do not have any evidence! Oh, I can assure you, they were very smug about it. They just cant seem to get their heads around the fact that their phone lines are constantly engaged or you are directed to 3 or 4 different departments before being told the department you require is not open today; its the email system that doesnt work (and you cant issue "evidence" that you sent emails as they dont have an acknowledgment service, only when complaining); its the blatant ignoring of written correspondence sent to their registered office; and its the way they ignore you when you get a little shirty in written correspondence to people who do respond. Cant they see that customers *will* get a little irate because of the way they are being treated by NTL.
If this ignorance is such a well known part of NTL, why hasnt some official body actually taken them to task?
And why dont NTL seem worried that their company is reputed to be so damn awful in conducting themselves in a courteous and co-operative manner? Can they afford to lose customers or something?
They havent give a toss about me, I know that much!

asdf
19-01-2004, 15:58

Whilst that is the actual situation. When I'm in my customer facing role if someone isn't playing nicely with me they will not be getting a nice service back from me. They'll get a patronising service that gets the job done but doesn't have any of the niceness that I have for decent customers!

At the end of the day, I get paid to help people. I don't get paid to take abuse.

Neil
19-01-2004, 16:00
<snip>

Tracy-why don't you vote with your feet/wallet, & just ditch ntl as your provider?

It's the only thing that these monkies understand.

Tracy
19-01-2004, 16:03

Hiya Neil - thanks for remembering me, sweetie :D

I sent a letter to Ian Jeffers, the MD in Ireland and guess what?.......... he ignored me!!!!! hahaaaaahahahaaahahahaaaaaaahahah!!!! :banghead:

John Doe
19-01-2004, 16:05
Tracy-why don't you vote with your feet/wallet, & just ditch ntl as your provider?

well said that man

Tracy
19-01-2004, 16:10

I did - the day I got the enforcement notice in November - but the saga ensues. I took it to the ombudsman, although I went over to freeserve (November) and then onto Pipex (December) and am at the Provisional Conclusion now - part of the conclusion, given in December states that NTL have kindly offered a wincy goodwill gesture payment and have to contact me, in writing, by the 21st of this month to arrange how I pay back the remaining balance and guess what??????? they havent contacted me. If I havent had their correspondence by Wednesday, I have to send a slip back to the Ombudsman informing them so - so..... the sage does continue.

I hate not having closure...... :(

Neil
19-01-2004, 16:13
Hiya Neil - thanks for remembering me, sweetie :D

I sent a letter to Ian Jeffers, the MD in Ireland and guess what?.......... he ignored me!!!!! hahaaaaahahahaaahahahaaaaaaahahah!!!! :banghead:

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4697

That's all you need Tracy. ;)

Neil
19-01-2004, 16:20
I did - the day I got the enforcement notice in November - but the saga ensues. I took it to the ombudsman, although I went over to freeserve (November) and then onto Pipex (December) and am at the Provisional Conclusion now - part of the conclusion, given in December states that NTL have kindly offered a wincy goodwill gesture payment and have to contact me, in writing, by the 21st of this month to arrange how I pay back the remaining balance and guess what??????? they havent contacted me. If I havent had their correspondence by Wednesday, I have to send a slip back to the Ombudsman informing them so - so..... the sage does continue.

I hate not having closure...... :(

Tracy-you will get closure by closing all your accounts with ntl, & giving your hard earned cash to a company that does not treat it's customers with contempt the way ntl does.

Ben
19-01-2004, 16:51
Tracy-you will get closure by closing all your accounts with ntl, & giving your hard earned cash to a company that does not treat it's customers with contempt the way ntl does.

Well said :tu: Tracy you can read about my problem here : http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?p=118965

Keep in mind this is not the first issue I have had with this company :mad:

I'm off as soon as!

Frank
19-01-2004, 16:52
I sent a letter to Ian Jeffers, the MD in Ireland and guess what?.......... he ignored me!!!!!You can always write to these people at home Tracy. They tend to sit up and pay attention when that happens. The names and addresses of ntl company directors (maybe not Ian Jeffers) are freely available from Companies House (http://ws6info.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/) :)

You just need to click the order button, select "Current Appointments Report" and pay £2.50

http://ws6info.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/info.cgi?cname=NTL%20GROUP%20LIMITED&cnumb=02591237&status=%20&id=f1de9887c66bb118da9ebb50a805d24e

asdf
19-01-2004, 23:56
Not freely available then, are they?

Shaun
20-01-2004, 00:59
Not freely available then, are they?

Freely means that its available to everyone, not Free! :rolleyes: :D :)

Tracy
20-01-2004, 11:15
Well said :tu: Tracy you can read about my problem here : http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?p=118965

Keep in mind this is not the first issue I have had with this company :mad:

I'm off as soon as!

Make sure you do!!! Checked out your thread and all responses - its just not a simple thing is it - eveything has to be a saga with NTL. Lack of communication and lack of common courtesy is the order of the day.

Neil keeps saying it and so am I :

GET A NEW ISP/TELE OPERATOR!!!!

Stay cool, dont do what I did and get yourself completely wound up by this incompetent and complacent company - they can go to hell!

asdf
20-01-2004, 13:54
Freely means that its available to everyone, not Free! :rolleyes: :D :)

But it's not available to everyone, only those that can pay the £2.50 - freely means available to everyone, including people who have no money.

But, yeh.. it's not really a big issue, £2.50 I'm sure they have that.

Tracy
20-01-2004, 14:06
But it's not available to everyone, only those that can pay the £2.50 - freely means available to everyone, including people who have no money.

But, yeh.. it's not really a big issue, £2.50 I'm sure they have that.

oooh, I think I could scrape £2.50 together for this BUT I will not waste another penny on attempting to get my dilemma across to that confounded company called NTL!! no sireee!!!!!!! The MD for the Celtic Region hasnt acknowledged my email or letter (via Recorded Delivery), so I would be surprised if any other overpaid executive is going to bother either :mad: