PDA

View Full Version : Failed

Steve H
17-01-2004, 11:43
my driving test :mad: :(

One stupid stupid mistake.. I only got 6 minors yet he failed me for this..

He told me to turn right at the roundabout (pretty big one).. onto the A500 Dual Carriageway. Anyway, I got into the right hand lane first of all, then as I came to the next set of traffic lights (on the roundabout) I moved into the Center lane (3 lanes).. To me, this lane lead out to the left hand lane of road ahead, not the right hand lane of the next left turn off. It seemed a much safer option than staying in the right hand lane, then pulling across. :mad:

What annoys me, was everything else was perfect.. I only got 6 minors and they weren't really anything important, as he said at the end... Just this one stupid stupid mistake.. At most I think he should of only gave me a few more minors, but he said if the Police saw me doing this, theyd caution me :confused:

More annoying is in total the test today cost me £84.. £48 for the test, and £36 for the 2 hour use of Drivin instructors car. I was really counting on passing today, Cos i have to catch a ruddy bus 4 miles to college every day, and find it hard to get anywhere.

Now i've got to fork out a minimum of £38 for another test, and £36 for the use of the car. To top it off, My monthly insurance payment is going out next week (£102.. ) So there's my wages gone, and dont have any money for any more lessons.. Looks like i'l be working flat out again for the next few weeks, and still wont be able to go out at weekends either :(

Bex
17-01-2004, 11:46
my driving test :mad: :(

One stupid stupid mistake.. I only got 6 minors yet he failed me for this..

He told me to turn right at the roundabout (pretty big one).. onto the A500 Dual Carriageway. Anyway, I got into the right hand lane first of all, then as I came to the next set of traffic lights (on the roundabout) I moved into the Center lane (3 lanes).. To me, this lane lead out to the left hand lane of road ahead, not the right hand lane of the next left turn off. It seemed a much safer option than staying in the right hand lane, then pulling across. :mad:

What annoys me, was everything else was perfect.. I only got 6 minors and they weren't really anything important, as he said at the end... Just this one stupid stupid mistake.. At most I think he should of only gave me a few more minors, but he said if the Police saw me doing this, theyd caution me :confused:

More annoying is in total the test today cost me £84.. £48 for the test, and £36 for the 2 hour use of Drivin instructors car. I was really counting on passing today, Cos i have to catch a ruddy bus 4 miles to college every day, and find it hard to get anywhere.

Now i've got to fork out a minimum of £38 for another test, and £36 for the use of the car. To top it off, My monthly insurance payment is going out next week (£102.. ) So there's my wages gone, and dont have any money for any more lessons.. Looks like i'l be working flat out again for the next few weeks, and still wont be able to go out at weekends either :(

steve that sux..... i gave up trying to do my test because it is just to expensive.....hope you pass next time hun :ghugs:

paulyoung666
17-01-2004, 11:47
feel for you mate , but there you go , he/she has a job to do at the end of the day :(

Julian
17-01-2004, 12:11
Sorry to hear you failed Steve. The roundabout issue is always open to misinterpretation as was discussed in another thread here.

Ramrod
17-01-2004, 12:33
feel for you mate , but there you go , he/she has a job to do at the end of the day :(
Ha! My examiner wouldn't even shake my hand when I passed. He just turned round and walked off leaving me standing there with my hand out! :******: :afire:
....better luck next time Steve. :(

luftys
17-01-2004, 12:41
Sorry steve,better luck next time,dont give up

paulyoung666
17-01-2004, 13:02
Ha! My examiner wouldn't even shake my hand when I passed. He just turned round and walked off leaving me standing there with my hand out! :******: :afire:

sounds like a right charmer :(

Scarlett
17-01-2004, 13:02
It tooks me three attempts, the first was simply not being ready, the second was nerves (and a red light) and the thrid was a breeze.

Although I was really annoyed with myself for failing the second time, I think that I am a better driver because of it so it wasn't all bad.

Saying that it's not much comfort if you simply don't have the money to eat and take the test at the same time.

Scarlett.

Steve H
17-01-2004, 13:17

Cheers all

Ramrod, he seemed embaressed to tell me I failed! He told me he was sorry this wasnt the result I wanted, But I'd Failed.. He then quickly told me it was because of the roundabout marking issue.. and turned and got out in a rush, seemed like he was embaressed to tell me I'd failed.. Just a bit peeved, cos It was a almost perfect drive.. felt good, didnt think I'd made any mistakes or stuff.. As for the money issue.. its tottaled about £540 just to learn so far.. about 30-35 lessons, then the test today.. now gotta fork out more :(

Sociable
17-01-2004, 13:27
Sorry to hear your News Steve.:(

Don't let it get you down there is always next time and as you see most of us took more than one test to get there.

I actually had to do two emergancy stops on my first test, one when a pedestrian stepped out without looking. I did that a bit too well as my examiner at the time (30 odd years ago) wasn't wearing a seatbelt and I nearly put him through the windscreen. Needless to say I failed that time but walked it the next. LOL

Often the decision is down to an overall judgement by the examiner that they feel you need a little more time to be safe for both yourself and others so they can fail for minor errors too. At least this was a nice clear one you know you can rectify next time round when I am sure you will pass with flying colours.

Anyways here's to the next time bro.

trebor
17-01-2004, 13:53
get a motor bike ;) after riding a bike for years I decided to try for my car license, I
had 3 lessons and passed the test first time (sorry)
but the moral is, get a bike, gain the road experience before you pay a fortune for driving lessons