PDA

View Full Version : calling all skeptics

kronas
17-01-2004, 01:53
natasha demkina, is a 16 year old teen from russia, she looks like a normal girl, she was upuntil 6 years ago, when an incident took place.

she was 10 years old then, and saw her mother and commented that she had "two beans" and a "tomato" inside her.......

but what the mother did not realise until later, is that the girl was actually refering to the mothers internal organs the girl can 'see them'

doctors were skeptical, but she has managed spot where a stomach ulcer was located in one patient, and provided reassurances in another patient that they did not have cancer it was just a 'cyst'

story continued in the link

source: hindustan times

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/919_535292,00180005.htm

Nor
17-01-2004, 02:01
If its true it should be all over the world before long. People don't have these superman powers and go unnoticed by the worlds media. If we never hear of her again I think we can assume its rubbish.

kronas
17-01-2004, 02:09
If its true it should be all over the world before long. People don't have these superman powers and go unnoticed by the worlds media. If we never hear of her again I think we can assume its rubbish.

i dont know what to say, my mind says its BS, it defies logic, but what is logical ?

BTW i dont think this will get in to the mainstream media, and we wont hear about it again...........

Graham
17-01-2004, 02:19
Right, so she can see through people's skin?

So how about some tests conducted with a little scientific rigor.

1) Several normal people for a control.

2) People who have had operations to remove eg their appendix, spleen, prostate etc

3) Someone who has their internal organs "reversed" (ie heart on the right etc)

4) Someone with an "unusual" configuration of organs

5) A "compulsive swallower" to see if she can pick up the unnatural objects.

That should do for a start.

kronas
17-01-2004, 02:23

2) People who have had operations to remove eg their appendix, spleen, prostate etc

patients have been queueing up outside the flat, she has always been sucessful, even treated a girl with multiple ailments.............

read the link it tells you more.

Graham
17-01-2004, 02:25
patients have been queueing up outside the flat, she has always been sucessful, even treated a girl with multiple ailments.............

read the link it tells you more.

I read the link. It *claims* a lot of things, but there again people claim "miraculous results" from so-called "psychic surgeons" too...

As I said, let's have a little scientific rigor here.

(PS I refer you to the thread title, you called, I answered!! :) )

kronas
17-01-2004, 02:29
I read the link. It *claims* a lot of things, but there again people claim "miraculous results" from so-called "psychic surgeons" too...

yep true, but the scientists did there own tests.......

As I said, let's have a little scientific rigor here.

we cant do that externally in our current position, it would have to be done at a suitable time, place, conditions, would have to be chosen.

(PS I refer you to the thread title, you called, I answered!! :) )

i did i was just clarifying....... :Peaceman:

Bex
17-01-2004, 10:12

i agree with you...i would not always class myself a sceptic, but i am a philosoper, so i try to approach things logically....think i would have to see hard evidence, because i am sure there are ways to argue that this case was not legit..but it is early and my brain isnt functioning just yet

DrAwesome
17-01-2004, 11:12
I wonder if the UK has schools/places for people with special abilitys?
In the USA they do they also find specific jobs for them to do that are suited for their tallents.

Ramrod
17-01-2004, 11:15
I wonder if the UK has schools/places for people with special abilitys?

Yup, Xaviers school for the gifted. It was in some or other film. :D

Bex
17-01-2004, 11:29

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

think you will find it was x-men :p

DrAwesome
17-01-2004, 11:33

I think if you looked at the film the school was in the USA or was it Canada?

Graham
17-01-2004, 14:17
yep true, but the scientists did there own tests.......

Pardon me if I'm a little sceptical about those "tests", all I've seen is a newspaper report. If there were cites about the tests done, the controls used and the full results which have been peer reviewed I'd be more convinced.

zoombini
18-01-2004, 11:35
And would you want to be the scientist doing those tests?

Remember, she can see whats in your underpants too!! lol

All the local boys have taken to wearing lead plates down thier troosers..lol

DrAwesome
18-01-2004, 11:39
I guess you guys that are skeptics still think uri geller is a fake artist.

aliferste
18-01-2004, 11:52
the link seems to be gone!

Graham
18-01-2004, 12:37
I guess you guys that are skeptics still think uri geller is a fake artist.

No, I *know* that he's a fake.

Everything he does can be replicated by any competant stage magician and he has been debunked time and time again.

Frankly the most amazing thing is that Geller is still conning people into thinking he has some sort of "special powers" after all this time.

DrAwesome
18-01-2004, 12:41
Frankly the most amazing thing is that Geller is still conning people into thinking he has some sort of "special powers" after all this time.

I guess that must be his biggest trick :)

Atomic22
18-01-2004, 18:51
he is still trying to con people into believing michael jackson is a nice guy as well.......