PDA

View Full Version : IF NTL increased their prices

th'engineer
13-01-2004, 06:42
taking into account this thread (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6268)would you stay or go

th'engineer
13-01-2004, 07:06
If you have any other suggestions of what NTL can do with price increases please post in the thread

Paul
13-01-2004, 11:36
Silly me, I thought this might be a serious vote for a minute - I'm not going to vote as the stay with NTL option is stupidly worded. :rolleyes:

Mr.Moony
13-01-2004, 11:42
Yes, you need some psychology lessons, my old teacher would go nutz if she saw that survey! My English teacher may have a few comments also....

th'engineer
13-01-2004, 12:41
that will teach me for typing in the dark must not do it

bigitup_j
13-01-2004, 13:11
i'm not the richest person in the world, so i have basic everything with ntl.
base pack price is high enough as it is - and if it went up, then i would go freeview. the base pack needs be be lowered in price to £14/15 and the overall digital service needs to improve, because there are some serious problems with it.

MikeyB
13-01-2004, 13:21
Would stay with NTL, I don't have TV (got Sky) and can't get ADSL so not much choice really.

themelon
13-01-2004, 13:53
Would stay with NTL, I don't have TV (got Sky) and can't get ADSL so not much choice really.

If the prices on Broadband went up, I would have to consider moving to Birmingham or Mersyside to live in a Telewest area.

BT are incapable of providing a decent quality line to my house, that is suffiently noise free to cope with ADSL.

Sky are incapable of providing me with a decent TV Service.

Its great to be British such choice for the telecoms consumer!!

poolking
13-01-2004, 14:45
I'm not going to vote in the poll , as pem said the way the stay with NTL option is worded. At the moment I'm sticking where I am, at this time I cannot afford to go out and fork out £99+ for a Sky+ Box. Also If I went back to ADSL, I'd be charged £50 because I managed to balls my socket up when I removed an extension in the bedroom.

So its down to costs at the moment. Probably if I were paid double on what I earn now I probably would move.

The freeview site says I could receive freeview, but I'd probably need an aerial upgrade, which is out of the question as it is a communal aerial, serving more than one flat. Even if I could get it without an aerial upgrade, I'd miss Sky One which broadcasts most of my favourite programs.

orangebird
13-01-2004, 14:50
If the prices on Broadband went up, I would have to consider moving to Birmingham or Mersyside to live in a Telewest area.

BT are incapable of providing a decent quality line to my house, that is suffiently noise free to cope with ADSL.

???? :eek: :eek: You would move house??????

poolking
13-01-2004, 14:58

You are kidding with the moving house option? Not very logical is it, forking out more money on a house just to get cheaper phone and a better TV service.

Fawkes
13-01-2004, 15:19
Silly me, I thought this might be a serious vote for a minute - I'm not going to vote as the stay with NTL option is stupidly worded. :rolleyes:

ditto to that.

Like a lot of polls on message boards it is unfairly loaded in favour of the pollster agenda.

We here a lot on here about why people are leaving NTL or have left and good luck to them I say, I hope they find a cheaper or better level of service.
However I left BT for reasons I wont bore you with and I don't want a satellite dish on the side of my house. The price of the TV will be going up because Sky have put their prices up. If I'm not mistaken I've been paying the same price for BB for 2 and a half years (when it was the 512k service) so taking into account inflation I paying less.

So to answer your question I will be staying but I'm no mug!

br3ach
13-01-2004, 15:33
This topic has been repeated to the death on this forum, and theres not even any official mention of a price rise yet ...

Mr.Moony
13-01-2004, 15:40
I dont like the sound of that yet! he knows something....

Frank
13-01-2004, 15:42
If the prices on Broadband went up, I would have to consider moving to Birmingham or Mersyside to live in a Telewest area.I would laugh like hell when ntl merge with Telewest :D

Frank
13-01-2004, 15:44
I'm not going to vote as the stay with NTL option is stupidly worded. :rolleyes:There you go :angel:

Fawkes
13-01-2004, 15:59
This topic has been repeated to the death on this forum, and theres not even any official mention of a price rise yet ...

True, the other threads are just speculation based on a rumour but in fairness to th'engineer this thread is OK because prices will rises one day and the poll is a measure of people willingness to accept them.

Emperordalek
13-01-2004, 16:08
There arn't enough options to vote for either. I'm on a 1mb connection at the moment and if the prices went up I would either drop to 600 or switch to adsl.

Paul
13-01-2004, 17:21
Now we have a sensible option I have voted.

I would stay with NTL for TV and BB and phone.

I have no BT line so swapping to BT & ADSL would cost me the installation of new line, plus the installation of the ADSL.

I have three digital STB's, moving to sky would mean replacing these (with associated purchase and installation costs).

And at the end of the day, ADSL, Sky & BT will all put up their prices anyway (Sky do every year, BT seem to every year). So what will I have gained for all the hasstle - not much really.

Marge
13-01-2004, 17:28
not heard anything at all about prices increases however we only found out about the 1mg launch when customers were ringing in to ask for it, we were sat at work saying "sorry but what are you talking about, what 1mg service?" :erm: so not always the first to find out

DrAwesome
13-01-2004, 17:31
I have no BT line so swapping to BT & ADSL would cost me the installation of new line, plus the installation of the ADSL.

BT do run free installation offers

I have three digital STB's, moving to sky would mean replacing these (with associated purchase and installation costs).

The last time i looked on skys web site they were offering Installation at just 1p if you sign up to sky on their web site.

And at the end of the day, ADSL, Sky & BT will all put up their prices anyway (Sky do every year, BT seem to every year). So what will I have gained for all the hasstle - not much really.

NTL will also put up their prices they do every year (time will tell) :)

pem why not just say your happy :) to stay with NTL

Shaun
13-01-2004, 17:37
Now we have a sensible option I have voted.

I would stay with NTL for TV and BB and phone.

IF you choose the right ADSL supplier you can move for the price of an ADSL modem (I payed £22.00 for mine).

BT may or may not charge you installation (it all depends on who you talk to and the engineer that comes to your house ;) ) and some ADSL suppliers do free connection, bob's your uncle. I only wish I'd done it earlier in the year.

asdf
14-01-2004, 13:58
I'd stay, merely because it's less hassle and it wouldn't work out that much more expensive if they added a couple of pounds on the top.

Enterian
14-01-2004, 14:06
I'd stay but I'd look to cancel the increase by reducing BB speed or removing TV packs.

Paul
14-01-2004, 18:13
pem why not just say your happy :) to stay with NTL

Well I thought that was implied, but yes, I am more than happy to stay with NTL.

It all works fine and the hassle of moving everything is just not worth it to me for a few quid a year (at the moment).

Like all things this may change in the future.

willo
15-01-2004, 07:32
Recently got a BT line in about 2 months ago ready to jump ship if the price goes up for BB. I have tv for the footy in the winter and drop it in the summer. I hate paying so much for the TV and would rather pick individual channels instead of packs. If NTL put the prices up I'm offski no doubt about it.

Rone
15-01-2004, 08:28
I wouldnt pay anymore for NTL BB, ever. Ive got Sky for tv, but I would just ditch my NTL phoneline, and the standalone modem. Then back to BT for both. Sometimes i wish they would put it up and force me to move. At the moment i,m just to lazy to do it.
To be fair i came to NTL hoping for a faster more reliable connection than my adsl was, and to be fair its "on" more often, but my lad has adsl and its not gone off in over 6 months, so maybe they have it sorted. ;)

DrAwesome
15-01-2004, 08:45
Recently got a BT line in about 2 months ago ready to jump ship if the price goes up for BB. I have tv for the footy in the winter and drop it in the summer. I hate paying so much for the TV and would rather pick individual channels instead of packs. If NTL put the prices up I'm offski no doubt about it.

It's just speculation on the BB part at the moment (NTL have always followed suit each year after sky have increased their prices) so the increase is expected in that service tier, hopefully (fingers & toes crossed) NTL's Marketing Department will be kind & wont increase their bb prices.

Chrysalis
16-01-2004, 12:04
pem are you happy with your quality of service then, if I had the option to I would pay the install cost fot BT line and associated cost for sky dish and switch tommorow, I believe a decent quality service is worth the hassle.

btw I got analogue tv (no digital in this area)
email is annoying me now a lot (sister still waiting for my email 5 days after i sent it)
dns servers fubored since I signed up (last august)
no customer service on sundays
increased phone call costs (bills were cheaper on BT)

asdf
16-01-2004, 13:23
I am happy with the quality of my service yeh so I would stay.

Paul
16-01-2004, 13:36
pem are you happy with your quality of service then, if I had the option to I would pay the install cost fot BT line and associated cost for sky dish and switch tommorow, I believe a decent quality service is worth the hassle.

btw I got analogue tv (no digital in this area)
email is annoying me now a lot (sister still waiting for my email 5 days after i sent it)
dns servers fubored since I signed up (last august)
no customer service on sundays
increased phone call costs (bills were cheaper on BT)

Yes I am happy with the QOS I get at the moment - I rarely have any problems at all - certainly not the level that some people in other parts of the country seem to get - and from my observations I would not get any fantastic improvement from a move.

DrAwesome
16-01-2004, 13:45
There is a poll option missing for those who have already jumped ship

asdf
17-01-2004, 14:43
There is a poll option missing for those who have already jumped ship

They are not ntl customers so a price increase wouldn't affect them. Unless the option was "I'd rejoin ntl" which I don't think anyone would tick.