PDA

View Full Version : Tch! What are newspapers coming to!

Theodoric
12-01-2004, 19:32
The main article, by Paul Theroux, in today's Grauniad supplement is entitled "My four days as a sex slave". Of course I didn't read it (well, OK, only once). I can see Mr Theroux being reviled for racism after this article.

Graham
12-01-2004, 19:39
The main article, by Paul Theroux, in today's Grauniad supplement is entitled "My four days as a sex slave". Of course I didn't read it (well, OK, only once). I can see Mr Theroux being reviled for racism after this article.

Err, and your point is what exactly?

The guy was a prat, he realises it, he paid for it, he talks about it. Nowhere does he say that *all* Africans are like that or make any other sort of sweeping generalisation like the one that got RKS into trouble.

(Or should I ask you to hand my leg back because it came off when you pulled it?)

Theodoric
12-01-2004, 19:53
Err, and your point is what exactly?

The guy was a prat, he realises it, he paid for it, he talks about it. Nowhere does he say that *all* Africans are like that or make any other sort of sweeping generalisation like the one that got RKS into trouble.

(Or should I ask you to hand my leg back because it came off when you pulled it?)
Sort of. Sort of. :)

Theodoric
12-01-2004, 19:55
Sort of. Sort of. :)
And more seriously, why, oh why, do people feel that they have to bare their souls like this. Money? Any publicity is good publicity? Being clever doesn't stop you being stupid? Couldn't think of another subject?