PDA

View Full Version : NTL webspace

pixelpod
02-07-2003, 18:20
Hi,

I have a dialup service with NTL and have recently built my first site using the webspace that comes with it. However, I've come across a problem...There seems to be no scripting language available to write server side scripts. Please could someone confirm if this is the case.

I've built a Flash site and I need a proxy script to load in xml files from a different url (it's a Flash security thing).

I've managed to get this working on my home computer using an asp script. How can I get the same thing working on NTL's webspace?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

pixelpod

Mark W
02-07-2003, 18:59
bad news im afraid - you wont be able to run scripts on it - its just a very basic chunk of webspace :(

paulyoung666
02-07-2003, 20:27
Originally posted by Mark W
bad news im afraid - you wont be able to run scripts on it - its just a very basic chunk of webspace :(

as said your stuffed , how about buying some webspace ????????? , its not that expensive , if you can afford it that is :shrug: :D

bopdude
02-07-2003, 20:43
Originally posted by paulyoung666
as said your stuffed , how about buying some webspace ????????? , its not that expensive , if you can afford it that is :shrug: :D

Not expensive at all I get 100mb for £80.00 a year, ok in my book

You get to use all the tools in a 14v day trial and then buying is optional after that check it out here (http://www.moonfruit.com)