PDA

View Full Version : pasty sick-bag?

Atomic22
11-01-2004, 19:36
i went to cornwall once and in a shop i mistakenly bought a "real" cornish pasty , it was actually called a "tinminers pasty" or something similar.
this monstrosity had "eat this end first" written on the bag it came in......
tasted nice for the first few bites until i got near the middle of the pasty when the meat and potato and veg suddenly started to taste sweet...
looking down at the pasty the second half of it was apple pie and custard......
this abomination should never be allowed to be sold and i just wondered if anyone else has ever had one ,likes the idea of one ,chucked on one ,etc etc or bought something just as revolting in a shop

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

Jon M
11-01-2004, 19:38
this is how traditional pasties were made.. the two halves were meant to be the two courses.. sounds nice to me, but I eat anything

(actually, the only thing i've eaten and not liked.. are those perfume flavoured sweets.. bleergh)

tomw
11-01-2004, 20:16
pass the sick bag

very good thread title

MikeyB
11-01-2004, 21:15
Oh yes, its true, thats a real cornish pasty, meat at one end, pudding at the other!!!
Tried one many years ago while on holiday in Cornwal.

http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/history/pasty.htm

Sociable
11-01-2004, 21:35
Just make sure you get them to supply a bib if you go for the tripple decker that includes a soup course. Also stop chewing before you get to the end of the "Delux" version as that chewy bit is the pack of handy-wipes. :)

Bifta
12-01-2004, 00:37
And remember, the crust is for holding it, not for eating!