PDA

View Full Version : Homebase: online when?

Theodoric
11-01-2004, 14:01
I 've just been looking at the Hombase web site (http://www.homebase.co.uk/) to see if their stores were likely to stock a particular item. However, there doesn't seem to be a search box and a look at the FAQ page gave me:

Q. Can I buy from Homebase.co.uk?
A. At present it is not possible to buy online. We are currently developing our website to make it even easier to shop online. Our new site will feature an enhanced range of specially selected products for the home and garden, stunning interiors ideas, inspirational room makeovers, and stylish design tips for modern living. Youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll also find a huge selection of Buyersââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ guides, practical How-to projects and expert DIY advice to help you achieve professional results and improve your home with confidence.

So, I'd guess that you cannot find what Homebase stores stock by looking online. Is this correct? I could try using their 'Contact Us' service but as past experience has shown me that Homebase use that old-fashioned management method of "Ignore the customer and he'll go away", I thought that I might get a quicker response here.

PS I like the slapdash language of their FAQ. Yes, I'd say that if it is impossible to buy online at the moment, then almost anything they do is likely to make it easier to shop online!

danielf
11-01-2004, 14:04
I'm pretty sure I bought something off homebase in the past (might have been B&Q though), so perhaps the shop online facility is not available at the moment? (Still a little odd though)

Theodoric
11-01-2004, 14:07
I'm pretty sure I bought something off homebase in the past (might have been B&Q though), so perhaps the shop online facility is not available at the moment? (Still a little odd though)
B&Q do online shopping. However, it does seem strange, as you say, that Homebase seem to have problems with it.