PDA

View Full Version : smallest pc to date

kronas
11-01-2004, 07:01
OQO announced its ultra personal computer (uPC), but the product will not ship until the second half of 2004. The OQO computer weighs approximately 14 ounces, making it the smallest, high performance Windows XP computer with complete PC functionality. Measuring a mere 4.9 inches x 3.4 inches x 0.9 inches, the OQO computer is the size of a PDA with the power and features of a laptop. As a standalone device, the OQO computer slips easily into a shirt pocket and is a complete Windows XP wireless handheld computer

1GHz Transmeta Crusoe

20GB hard drive

256MB RAM

Microsoft(R) Windows XP

800x480 Wide-VGA 5-inch transflective screen

Thumb keyboard with mouse buttons and TrackStik

Thumbwheel

802.11b wireless

Bluetooth

FireWire (1394)

USB 1.1

3.5 mm stereo headphone jack

Digital pen

Removable lithium polymer battery

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2114

http://www.oqo.com/hardware/basics/

Ramrod
11-01-2004, 08:39
Awesome! I love technology :)

Proppinupthebar
18-01-2004, 21:39
Just having a wander round the site when I spotted this thread. I'm posting this reply from my wireless IPAQ. I can wander round the house posting or using messenger, or checking my email. I love wireless and my IPAQ!!!!

Ramrod
18-01-2004, 21:51
Just having a wander round the site when I spotted this thread. I'm posting this reply from my wireless IPAQ. I can wander round the house posting or using messenger, or checking my email. I love wireless and my IPAQ!!!!
One of my patients on Thursday had a small electronic personal organiser with him (don't know which make but it was colour and windows based).
I noticed that it had what looked like a pc card sticking out of it so I asked him to show me it in action. He managed to pick up my network (wich is in a different building to my clinic), cool!
Glad it didn't let him log on. At least the security works! :D

Proppinupthebar
18-01-2004, 21:57
One of my patients on Thursday had a small electronic personal organiser with him (don't know which make but it was colour and windows based).
I noticed that it had what looked like a pc card sticking out of it so I asked him to show me it in action. He managed to pick up my network (wich is in a different building to my clinic), cool!
Glad it didn't let him log on. At least the security works! :D

I'm back on my laptop now, its wireless as well tho!! Its easier to post with a keyboard, and a screen big enough to show the post!!!
Yeah the wireless stuff is good but I did have concerns with security, I am using everything I have heard of about wireless security. Filtering on MAC address, hiding the network SSID, and 128bit encryption.
I've scanned and not picked up anyone elses network.

danielf
18-01-2004, 22:30

It does sound very cool. I hear it's not much good for playing Mohaa though :D

Ramrod
18-01-2004, 22:32
It does sound very cool. I hear it's not much good for playing Mohaa though :D
Then it's a good job I'm playing Call of Duty now :D