PDA

View Full Version : PS2 SOCOM cheating arrives in the UK!

Boom
02-07-2003, 14:30
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52474

I love my XBL. So glad I didn't join the PS2 beta. Knew something like this was going to happen.

Boom
02-07-2003, 14:54
I'm afraid it hasn't actually. In the US, yes, it has, which I mentioned some time ago on nthellworld.com's PS2 forums during beta.

But this is not the case in the UK which has apparently no connectivity to the US like we do in LIVE.

I haven't heard of any cheating in the UK by anyone, but if this cheat does it work, I'm really going to be laughing at the people who didn't take my warning seriously a few months back on BxB.

Originally posted by Andre
Been like that for a while I'm afraid: http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/041303/2.html

Laws
02-07-2003, 15:31
phew!... i was so close to buying a PS2 and SOCOM....

live is gonna OWN THE WORLD when CS comes out.

Caspar
02-07-2003, 15:38
ha ha! :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Boom
02-07-2003, 15:42
One of the big XBL selling points for me is a complete lack of cheating. Obviously, some games have glitches (intentional or not) like RtCW and MM3, but I don't get into an RtCW and find some @rse head-shotting everyone with 100% accuracy from the other side of the map.

Exulus
02-07-2003, 15:45
and also you can download content to fix any glitches ;)

Boom
02-07-2003, 15:46
Very true. CS on the PC has just p*ssed me off so much over the years. If CS on Xbox comes hack-free, I'll be so happy.

Boom
02-07-2003, 15:51
I posted the article on the nthellworld.com site under the original PS2 cheating thread a few months back. This one guy says he won't buy Blaze's carttridges if this is the case. I don't buy any cheat cartridges whatsoever. Does anyone? Have any of you used Action Replay? Or has it never been released?

Tezcatlipoca
03-07-2003, 00:29
Ha ha, another reason why XBL is better than PS2 Online. :D

Originally posted by Boom
I posted the article on the nthellworld.com site under the original PS2 cheating thread a few months back. This one guy says he won't buy Blaze's carttridges if this is the case. I don't buy any cheat cartridges whatsoever. Does anyone? Have any of you used Action Replay? Or has it never been released?

I've never used Action Replay on the XBox or PS2. Got one for my GC, though, for the Freeloader feature.

I think AR for the XBox came out a short while ago. Basically a memory card with cheat saves on it, & you update it by plugging it into some special USB base station that connects to the PC. No way it can allow XBL cheating, fortunately.

Ste Riley
03-07-2003, 14:57
Them mother b's at EA will come crying back to MS soon enough, they'll know they've made the wrong choice once people start scoring 100 yard goals on FIFA.

Although that is quite possible without a cheat :P