PDA

View Full Version : NOT impressed

Bex
10-01-2004, 14:55
well as the title suggests i am seriously not impressed.....

i have a "choice" catalogue....recently my sister ordered something on my account (she phoned up and ordered it...they asked her no security details etc) and she since has not paid the bill....so it is ME who has been getting letters from the company....anyway i went online and paid off the bill in total (minus a payment my sister has supposedly made)... then i get a letter saying there is still money owing, she reckons she paid it but still hasn't been able to prove it...so i decided to ring their enquiry line to find out if a payment was made.....and also to put a password on so that she can NOT order anything again....

so i phone the enquiry line and get told that no advisors are free and to call back later, so tried a few mintues later and was put on hold, only for someone to finally answer and then put the phone down on me...
so i called back (bear in mind these calls are charged at national rates) again wait for ten minutes, for someone to answer and then put the phone down on me
i just phoned back a few moments ago and instead of being put on hold, i was somehow put through but noone was actually speaking to me, i could just hear what was being said by the other people in the call centre

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

we whinge about ntl cs...but i have never had this sort of treatment from them...it is dispicable customer service and i am just about to write them a very strongly worded email about it.....but thought i would rant at you lot first :p

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 14:57
me ears are bleeding , quick get an ambulance :( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bex
10-01-2004, 14:59
me ears are bleeding , quick get an ambulance :(

paul that was the edited version babes ;) :p

sorry if i made your ears bleed though :cry: :kiss:

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 15:00
no problem , just warn ppl first , then they can get some cotton wool out or in if you see what i mean :D :D :D :D

dr wadd
10-01-2004, 15:02
Surely there must be some data protection issues involved here if someone else can access your account? I'd personally try and sidestep the customer service department and find a number for someone higher up the chain of command.

Graham
10-01-2004, 15:08
Surely there must be some data protection issues involved here if someone else can access your account?

Unfortunately it's probably very much like if you let someone else have your PIN for your cash card etc.

If the goods were ordered on the right account number and sent to the right address (presumably they went to Bexy's place, not the sisters?) then the catalogue company has most likely fulfilled their obligations.

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 15:09
now if they went to her sisters you could maybe use that as a lever against them

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:09
Surely there must be some data protection issues involved here if someone else can access your account? I'd personally try and sidestep the customer service department and find a number for someone higher up the chain of command.

The problem being the person was my sister, and obviously pretended to be me over the phone.... i have sent their cs a strongly worded email and requested some sort of security password so that only i can place over the phone orders

and no it is not infringing on the DPA, since they did not actively give out any details of my account.....but i guess my sister could get in trouble for impersonating me...but she's my sister :shrug:

edit; graham my sister and i live at the same address

luftys
10-01-2004, 15:16
Luftys is running for the hills :walk:

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 15:18
Luftys is running for the hills :walk:

sounds as though you have experience of this :(

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:21

he should do paul he has lived with me for 22 years :p

(he's my father)

luftys
10-01-2004, 15:22
Even have my own PMT shelter :disturbd:

Xaccers
10-01-2004, 15:22
Mum ordered something and it got delayed.
It arrived after my parents moved, and as it's not royal mail delivery, wasn't diverted.
The new owners signed for it, but didn't let us know or pass it on.
So mum was getting threatening letters whilst trying to sort it all out.

A guy at work has recently moved into a new house, and ordered something which arrived while he was out.
The courier has a signature and name but he doesn't know who that person is!

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 15:24
Even have my own PMT shelter :disturbd:

pmsl @ that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry bex i knew he was :)

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:25
Mum ordered something and it got delayed.
It arrived after my parents moved, and as it's not royal mail delivery, wasn't diverted.
The new owners signed for it, but didn't let us know or pass it on.
So mum was getting threatening letters whilst trying to sort it all out.

A guy at work has recently moved into a new house, and ordered something which arrived while he was out.
The courier has a signature and name but he doesn't know who that person is!

and that was all from choice????

Even have my own PMT shelter
excuse me a moment people while i go in the other room and strangle my father :mad:

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:26
pmsl @ that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry bex i knew he was :)

paul :mad: behave otherwise.....................................

Flubflow
10-01-2004, 15:29
The problem being the person was my sister, and obviously pretended to be me over the phone.... i have sent their cs a strongly worded email and requested some sort of security password so that only i can place over the phone orders

and no it is not infringing on the DPA, since they did not actively give out any details of my account.....but i guess my sister could get in trouble for impersonating me...but she's my sister :shrug:

The problem is that if you keep persuing this then you and your sister might get done for fraud if the company want it investigating. If it is your account then it is meant for your exclusive use.
How did your sister pay? By credit/debit card? cheque?. Eitherway she should have a record on her statements if she truly has paid. I'm not calling her a liar but something might have gone wrong and she merely *thought* she had paid. If it is not a great amount then just pay it yourself and then deduct it from her like this...
Go shopping with her and choose something that you were going to buy anyway but tell her that you forgot your purse/credit cards etc and ask her if she could pay for you until you get home. Then, simply don't pay her back. ;)

Edit: Since she used your account without asking then she has waived any rights to fair or compassionate treatment from you. ;).

luftys
10-01-2004, 15:32
How did you sister pay
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: she does not pay :rofl: :rofl:

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:34
The problem is that if you keep persuing this then you and your sister might get done for fraud if the company want it investigating. If it is your account then it for your exclusive use.
How did you sister pay? By credit/debit card? cheque?. Eitherway she should have a record on her statements if she truly has paid. I'm not calling her a liar but something might have gone wrong and she merely *thought* she had paid. If it is not a great amount then just pay it yourself and then deduct it from her like this...
Go shopping with her and choose something that you were going to buy anyway but tell her that you forgot your purse/credit cards etc and ask her if she could pay for you until you get home. Then, simply don't pay her back. ;)

my email to them was more concerning their complete lack of c.s..... i know my sister could get done for fraud, but to be fair it was only 40quid...which i have paid up now anyway......

calling my sister a liar would be pretty close to the mark tbh....those on here who have meet her/heard about her in detail will know the sort of person she is...i have no doubt in my mind that she has lied about paying the money she claims to.... that is the thing that is winding me up the most, since she has yet again abused my trust :cry: ....but i will not be persuing that avenue with the company....although i have (as i have said previously) requested a security pin for the account

as for getting the money back off her, i guess i will get it when hell freezes over

Flubflow
10-01-2004, 15:43
my email to them was more concerning their complete lack of c.s..... i know my sister could get done for fraud, but to be fair it was only 40quid...which i have paid up now anyway......

calling my sister a liar would be pretty close to the mark tbh....those on here who have meet her/heard about her in detail will know the sort of person she is...i have no doubt in my mind that she has lied about paying the money she claims to.... that is the thing that is winding me up the most, since she has yet again abused my trust :cry: ....but i will not be persuing that avenue with the company....although i have (as i have said previously) requested a security pin for the account

as for getting the money back off her, i guess i will get it when hell freezes over

Basically, she has stolen £40 from you. In that case, steal something from her and see how she likes it.
In reality though I expect that you are far too nice and forgiving to ever consider that.
Oh go on, you know you really want to. :D

Bex
10-01-2004, 15:47
Basically, she has stolen £40 from you. In that case, steal something from her and see how she likes it.
In reality though I expect that you are far too nice and forgiving to ever consider that.
Oh go on, you know you really want to. :D

i am not a fan of the tit for tat thing...i won't steal anything from here, because i see stealing as wrong (sorry taking the moral high ground there) and if you knew my sister :eek: you wouldnt provoke her

luftys
10-01-2004, 16:18
if you knew my sister :eek: you wouldnt provoke her
She makes Frank Bruno look like Baby

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 16:21
paul :mad: behave otherwise.....................................

sorry :( , as if :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Bex
10-01-2004, 16:26
sorry :( , as if :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

bexy goes off to think of a suitable punishment :naughty:

paulyoung666
10-01-2004, 16:27
bexy goes off to think of a suitable punishment :naughty:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh blooooooooooooooody hell , i will get me coat :walk:

Bex
10-01-2004, 16:31

hmmmmm i am still thinking ;) :naughty:

luftys
10-01-2004, 17:34
Now you wish you had a PMT shelter too :rofl: :rofl:

Graham
10-01-2004, 20:41

In which case the only thing to do is to have words with your sister because I really don't see the company did anything wrong.

Bex
10-01-2004, 20:56
In which case the only thing to do is to have words with your sister because I really don't see the company did anything wrong.

surely that have in a way because they have taken an order by a person who the account name is not in...

my rant was more about the fact that their cs is so crap than what my sister has done....from that i have learnt a lesson that she can not be trusted with anything, and i should leave all paperwork as far from her as is possible