PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S300 Mobile Phone

James79
09-01-2004, 22:47
I have two reasons for staring this thread:

1.To see what people who own this phone think about it.

2.To find if anyone has experienced any problems with the phone

I have owned the phone on an Orange Contract since Oct 2003. I bought it because of its looks and apparent functionality.

Now, after nearly 4 months, I would go back to Nokia tomorrow!!!

The lack of accessories for the phone in addition to the absence of downloadable Java games for this Java Compliant phone all lead me to this view.

One problem that I have recently noticed is that the phone has started to switch itself off, especially shortly after I have switched it on!!

For instance - yesterday, I switched it on and closed the 'flap'. When returning to the phone later, I noticed that it was off!! I repeated the process again, this time keeping the flap open whilst watching the phone 'load up'. It got past the Welcome to Orange screen to the searching screen and turned itself off. One more attempt was made and it remained on.

Having switched it off last night, when I got up this morning, I switched it on again - same problem. Second time - was texting a friend and the phone turned off whilst I was writing it. It took four tries before it would stay on permanently!!!

Anyone have any clues as to what is going on here?? Or have you heard of similar problems on this phone (Samsung S300).

Let me know!!

James.

Bifta
10-01-2004, 01:00
girlfriends niece got one, I think most of the buttons ceased working a couple of weeks after purchasing it.