PDA

View Full Version : I'm a jammy git

Chris
06-01-2004, 18:21
Well, here I am sitting in an office in Miami ... thankfully air conditioned as it's upwards of 27 degrees outside! :D :D :D Flight in business class paid for by the company, as is the l a r g e hotel room. I plan to enjoy it as I don't imagine I'll ever be here again, even flying economy.

Sorry for starting a thread just to gloat, but hey, I don't often get a chance. Sorry I don't have my digi camera out here with me, or else I'd post you all a nice piccie from Miami Beach.

No sign of any vice so far (not that I'm looking) and nobody looks like Don Johnson, but I'll keep you all posted.

Any ideas for souvenirs for the missus and the boy (aged 15 months?)

:wavey:

aliferste
06-01-2004, 18:28
Well, here I am sitting in an office in Miami ... thankfully air conditioned as it's upwards of 27 degrees outside! :D :D :D Flight in business class paid for by the company, as is the l a r g e hotel room. I plan to enjoy it as I don't imagine I'll ever be here again, even flying economy.

Sorry for starting a thread just to gloat, but hey, I don't often get a chance. Sorry I don't have my digi camera out here with me, or else I'd post you all a nice piccie from Miami Beach.

No sign of any vice so far (not that I'm looking) and nobody looks like Don Johnson, but I'll keep you all posted.

Correct......you are a jammy git !!

Shaun
06-01-2004, 18:29
Some people get all the luck!!

Enjoy it mate, but think of us when your sitting in the sun with a cold glass of something tasty ;)

Stuart
06-01-2004, 18:58
Well, here I am ...snip:wavey:

Well, here I am, sitting in an office in Greenwich ... thankfully not air conditioned as it's downwards of 10 degrees outside!:D:D:D Train journey in standard class paid for by me, as is where I live...

I can post everyone a piccie from my office...

LOL

:rofl:

Dave Stones
06-01-2004, 19:00
illegally imported cuban cigars always go down well...

also you can get cheap spandex from the shops on miami beach ;) (just in case you are into bodybuilding :erm: )

Ramrod
06-01-2004, 19:05
Enjoy yourself m8! :)

Some sticks of rock? :D
....I know.....one of those t-shirts with 'My husband went to Florida and all I got...' :D

Stuart
06-01-2004, 19:12
Towny, hope you enjoy the stay... Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow...

Bex
06-01-2004, 19:14
Enjoy yourself m8! :)

Some sticks of rock? :D
....I know.....one of those t-shirts with 'My husband went to Florida and all I got...' :D

mrs towny would not be impressed with that i dare say.....

what to buy the boy? well since he is only 15months, he isnt really going to be that bothered, so buy him a nice toy.....maybe a toy plane and explain to him daddy went on a aeroplane....

as for the mrs.....buy her something lovely, something you have put thought into, maybe something which is unique to miami.....and i always find a jokey pressie to give her first would be good, and then give her the real thing :p

and btw, yes you are a jammy git....would love to get away from this dull, dreary weather if only for a few days..but alas am getting away from surrey only to head up north

Theodoric
06-01-2004, 19:15

Well, there was that TV advert where some character comes home and gives his mate a souvenir - a vice. "It's a Miami vice", he explains.

And of course, none of us would be so jealous as to suggest that US security measures might delay your return home for, oh, say a few weeks. :)

downquark1
06-01-2004, 19:15
Have a nice time :wavey:
Flight in business class paid for by the company, as is the l a r g e hotel room.
If they find out how much company bandwidth you spend here they may not be so eager next time! ;)

aliferste
06-01-2004, 19:20
You could buy me a fishing rod.....the rates are pretty good just now :)

Paul
06-01-2004, 20:10
LOL - lucky git - we have offices in the USA (California) and I'm still trying to find an excuse to visit them.

ian@huth
06-01-2004, 21:25
If you have time you must try Tony Roma's restaurant on Collins Avenue at Sunny Isles on Miami Beach. It's on the left as you go North. They do the best ribs that I have ever tasted and do a Onion loaf that is to die for. They sell gift packs of their suaces which are well worth getting and there are quite a few gift shops nearby.

zoombini
06-01-2004, 21:27
Hmm, let us know when your due to fly home, some anonymous calls might just get you delayed... Jammy sod!

swoop101
06-01-2004, 21:41
Can anybody organise a FULL body search for contraband when he gets off the plane?. (Lubrication optional)
That will teach him for gloating :D :rofl:

Have a great time mate.

luftys
06-01-2004, 21:45
am getting away from surrey only to head up north
:Yes: :Yes: Room to let :Yes:

Towny have a great time

Graham
06-01-2004, 22:23
Ok, so how many people reading the first message in this thread were tempted to reach for the Negative Rep button...?!

:angel:

homealone
06-01-2004, 23:06
jammy git - yes:)

presents? hmmm - little towny would love the latest Mac with the updated OS.

- & Mrs Towny, well something of equal value, but, thoughtful - over to you:D

Chris
06-01-2004, 23:20
jammy git - yes:)

presents? hmmm - little towny would love the latest Mac with the updated OS.

- & Mrs Towny, well something of equal value, but, thoughtful - over to you:D
Big towny would love it even more!!

Must get out and explore a bit to find inspiration ...