PDA

View Full Version : A Call Centre Too Far

testcard
20-06-2003, 20:38
I phoned Comet check stock at my local store. Forty five minutes and three calls I gave up. There is no direct number for my local shop. This applies at many 'local' shops.

I understand the point of central handling in certain cases. However a local inquiry can not be dealt with properly by a call centre.

My other point,being very tight,it costs me money to phone a 'lo-call number' rather than use my 'calls unlimited'.

poolking
20-06-2003, 20:52
Its great having a central call handling facility, but the companies have to know how to implement them properly.

denial
20-06-2003, 21:29
Originally posted by testcard
I phoned Comet check stock at my local store. Forty five minutes and three calls I gave up. There is no direct number for my local shop. This applies at many 'local' shops.

I understand the point of central handling in certain cases. However a local inquiry can not be dealt with properly by a call centre.

My other point,being very tight,it costs me money to phone a 'lo-call number' rather than use my 'calls unlimited'.

Umm Kingfisher are very good at having pointless call centres, my TL's comment 'I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t think we really offer any sort of customer service compared to the stores do you?'. (I no longer work for Kingfisher)

Nidge
24-06-2003, 14:12
So do PC World, you can't get through to the local store.

Ramrod
24-06-2003, 14:19
Barclays bank is the same:mad:

Mark W
24-06-2003, 14:20
Originally posted by Nidge
So do PC World, you can't get through to the local store.

and thats a problem because?? ;)

Taf
24-06-2003, 18:16
When the local store had a local number you paid for a local call. Then it all went 0845 and you only got lo-call rate with BT, but more with the likes of NTL (?). Now it's 0870 numbers (more expense) all over the place, and they seem to have no idea how to do stock/manpower management at any I've called... no local knowledge at all... in fact they might as well be in India (where some are).

ronald146m
24-06-2003, 18:54
Originally posted by Ramrod
Barclays bank is the same:mad:

I think that I know a patch for this Ramrod.

Tell your bank, Barclays or whatever, that you will be holidaying/working abroad for a while.

Ask them what number you can ring them on to contact them during this time.

They will have to give you a 'normal' number because you can't use 'lo-call' numbers from abroad.

Ron
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: