PDA

View Full Version : TV and Telephone Conmbined?

gallego1
06-01-2004, 09:47
Does anyone know if it is possible to unbundle the phone service from the family tv package and have my bill reduced by £9.50 pm

I ask this as I am thinking of getting an alternative Broadband provider as Ntl cannot provide in my area in the near or distant future

paulyoung666
06-01-2004, 09:49
Does anyone know if it is possible to unbundle the phone service from the family tv package and have my bill reduced by £9.50 pm

I ask this as I am thinking of getting an alternative Broadband provider as Ntl cannot provide in my area in the near or distant future

i dont see why not :shrug: :)

give em a ring :tu:

there might be an offer they will do for you to keep your custom :tu:

Neil
06-01-2004, 10:12
I have never come accross ntl doing this, but you've nothing to lose by asking them. :)

Let us know what they say.

gary_580
06-01-2004, 11:02
i dont think you will get a reduction. Isn't the line rental free because u have the TV. If you dont have the phone then your just giving up the free part

Neil
06-01-2004, 11:08
i dont think you will get a reduction. Isn't the line rental free because u have the TV. If you dont have the phone then your just giving up the free part

It's not 'free' per se, it is included in the monthly price, & that is the difference.

ian@huth
06-01-2004, 11:13

Some at NTL may suggest that the line rental is free, but if it is then NTL are charging £9.50 a month more than Sky for the same package. NTL probably think that not letting customers drop the phone line from the TV package with a £9.50 saving will keep them as both TV and phone customers. The reality is that it could lose customers for both services instead of just one.

gallego1
06-01-2004, 23:52
Phoned CS as suggested and was told that the phone line is "free"

They would be able to port my number BT but my family package will still cost £28.00 as TV only customers still have to pay full price for packages.

So yes the family package is 9.50 more than the other provider

gary_580
07-01-2004, 09:38
its outrageous that they do that. You'd think they would make an exception to areas where they cant provide boradband. Typical of NTL to charge a single price but not be able to offer a single set of services to all areas.

paulyoung666
07-01-2004, 09:46
i suppose the only way out of it is to go to a bt / adsl / sky setup , sky is much better value anyway , thats if you can have a dish of course :(

Rillington
25-01-2004, 22:28
Yes it is Gary and it is one of the reasons I am relunctand to have cbale.

I cannot have Sky where I live so the only form of multi-channel Tv available to me (apart from FV) is ntl. I like BT and have what i want (an itemised bill, the abiliaty to pay the bill off bit by bit during the month, cheaper calls and the right package, 1571 as part of the line rental) and would have to pay £28 per month for TV (as the Base pack is basically Freeview plus four channels which means £4 per channel per month for non FV channels) just to watch the odd bit of TV I might watch. It's a rip off.

Whilst I can see why ntl would want to bundle the services and give an insentive to those who take more services, I fail to see why they won't offer a TV only package at a TV only package similar to that which Sky chyarges. If they did that they migt get a few more subscribers.