PDA

View Full Version : My First Day at School

Nor
06-01-2004, 02:36
Came accross an old piccy of my first day at school. Surprised its in colour :) Thought I'd give you a laugh at my fringe that my dad must have done. Think those must be my happy pills on the table.

Download Failed (1)

kronas
06-01-2004, 02:40
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shorts............ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hair... :p :p :p

sorry :rolleyes:

Nor
06-01-2004, 02:42
That was the height of fashion in the 70's I'll have you know :)

kronas
06-01-2004, 02:43
That was the height of fashion in the 70's I'll have you know :)

back in the ye old' days i bet they were,i suppose they are not much better now, but atleast you get to wear trousers :D

Bex
06-01-2004, 07:43
awwwww nor bless, you look so cute...dont think we have piccys of my first day of school otherwise would post them honest :angel:

kronas
06-01-2004, 08:02
awwwww nor bless, you look so cute...dont think we have piccys of my first day of school otherwise would post them honest :angel:

i have a really old one of me, when i was a baby, i look like a chinese guy whos white :confused: :p

downquark1
06-01-2004, 08:10
Ditto :D

basa
06-01-2004, 08:22
:rofl:

I'm laughing...but this is me in 1961 (age 13) in a school form photo. :blush:

(I should add I am the one in the centre, the other was our form teacher)

Theodoric
06-01-2004, 19:21
On my first day at grammar school, I too, wore my satchel with both straps over my shoulders for all of 30 minutes until someone explained to me that anyone who was anyone only used one strap. :)

Dave Stones
06-01-2004, 19:23
what about the blazer buttons? most pointless part of the uniform ever, they should *NEVER* be fastened, ever... we never had the rucksack thing about 2 straps though, our bags were so heavy with all the textbooks and such that they had to be carried on 2 shoulders...

as for the fringe though... :rolleyes:

Chimaera
06-01-2004, 19:31
back in the ye old' days i bet they were,i suppose they are not much better now, but atleast you get to wear trousers :D
Why Kronas - did you wear skirts at your school?? :rofl:

homealone
06-01-2004, 19:49

:rofl: - although I shouldn't laugh, we had a rule at my Grammar school that all 1st & 2nd year boys had to wear shorts unless they were over 5ft tall - guess who was the only one still in shorts at the end of the 2nd year. :eek: :blush:

Nor
06-01-2004, 19:52
hehe that seems very unfair :)

Atomic22
07-01-2004, 19:37
i went to a grammer school in its last few years before it became a comprehensive , the teachers wore stupid batman capes and mortar boards and all first years had to wear caps......
these were all stolen by the big boys , buried in longjump sandpits , flushed , willys drawn on them etc etc , if you werent fast enough to hide them...
hahaha happy times NOT
how i laughed when the bullies all got their come-uppance after we went comprehensive and joined up with the school full of ruff boys from next door (my mates who were too thick for grammer school)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Marge
07-01-2004, 20:04
The fringe thing was definately a feature of the 70's, old school pic of sis and me looks like ours were cut by Stevie Wonder with some garden shears :erm:

Atomic22
07-01-2004, 20:10
did anybody on the forum used to watch the grimleys?
that school was a clone of mine......
if dynamo doug digby wasnt based on my games teacher i would be surprised.....

Stuart
07-01-2004, 20:22
I remember we used to look forward to being allowed to wear long trousers...

martinell
07-01-2004, 21:08
shorts till 3rd year juniors(thx mum) still got a complex about getting my knees out even in the height of summer an the walks to school in winter were agony in the snow,hail,rain accompanied by the oversize clodhoppers mum said where sensible and strong! <shudder>
looks like the bowl she used to use on my hair too

kronas
07-01-2004, 21:24

no the males wore trousers, the females skirts :naughty: :D

Stuart
07-01-2004, 21:31
I remember sh**ing my self in the last few weeks of Primary School. I was convinced my Secondary school was going to be like Grange Hill.. :erm:

Marge
07-01-2004, 21:32
I remember sh**ing my self in the last few weeks of Primary School. I was convinced my Secondary school was going to be like Grange Hill.. :erm:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave Stones
07-01-2004, 21:33

why would that make you s**t yourself? grange hill was cool :D

personally i was hoping my high school would be like the one off neighbours... and i dont mean everything taught in the same room by the same teacher ;)

Stuart
07-01-2004, 21:36

personally i was hoping my high school would be like the one off neighbours... and i dont mean everything taught in the same room by the same teacher ;)
I was convinced I'd have the crap beaten out of me everyday. Hey, I was 11. I was young and stupid..

Marge
07-01-2004, 21:37

At the risk of sounding like a right old git Grange Hill was scarey in the olden days, have to agree with you stu :tu:

homealone
07-01-2004, 21:47
i went to a grammer school in its last few years before it became a comprehensive , the teachers wore stupid batman capes and mortar boards and all first years had to wear caps......
these were all stolen by the big boys , buried in longjump sandpits , flushed , willys drawn on them etc etc , if you werent fast enough to hide them...
hahaha happy times NOT
how i laughed when the bullies all got their come-uppance after we went comprehensive and joined up with the school full of ruff boys from next door (my mates who were too thick for grammer school)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol, the memories - our teachers had the gowns, but not the mortar boards. We also had to wear caps - but only out of school, and for the first couple of years, as I was a 'boarder', that included Saturday as well:erm:

Opportunities for 'creative bullying' were enhanced in the boarding part of the school (about 50 of us in a roll of 600 odd), including being ejected outside naked late at night, being locked in a locker & therefore being punished for missing supper, multiple waterbombs while sat in the 'open top stall' type toilets etc,etc :eek: - funny enough, by the time we got old enough to be on the giving, rather than receiving end, it had died down - we were more concerned with trying to sneak out, or going for a fag in the den we built under the stage:D

<edit> and before any bright spark comments;), 'fagging' had been abolished by then - but my first year I had the privilege of cleaning a prefects shoes & footy boots for 3d a week (1.25p) :)

Mal
07-01-2004, 21:48
Came accross an old piccy of my first day at school. Surprised its in colour :) Thought I'd give you a laugh at my fringe that my dad must have done. Think those must be my happy pills on the table.

http://www.smartreg.co.uk/firstday600.jpg
Sorry Nor, but I couldn't hold this back any longer...

That picture reminds of Jimmy... ;) :D :) :D

Again apologies...

Atomic22
08-01-2004, 18:14
Again apologies...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bex
08-01-2004, 20:33
i remember when i started middle school it was a nightmare, dad is the caretaker of the school so we live in the school grounds.... by the big kids i was always known as "mr c's daughter" although it did mean i didn't get picked on by them, and actually in secondary school the big lads used to stick up for me a lot, if they sort anyone giving me grief

at secondary school we soon cottoned on to the fact you had to do your blazers up, so we removed them, can't do them up if you have none ;)
and they used to do that annoying thing of measuring how long your skirts were....boy were we pleased when we were in year 9 (about 13 ish) when they introduced girls being able to wear trousers, although i had to hide from the headmaster for two years, because i used to wear "fashionable" i.e. baggy legged/flared trousers.....

Nor
08-01-2004, 20:38

Again apologies...

hehe very good :)