because it's far too funny.

Goodie goodie yum yum

do do do the funky gibbon

Flubflow
05-01-2004, 18:01
Ecky Thump!

iadom
05-01-2004, 18:02
Please,please don't tell anyone but, I have a copy of the Goodies LP, with such favourite tunes as The Cricklewood Shakedown, Good Old Country Music, Do The Funky Gibbon etc.:o :o :blush:

Jon M
05-01-2004, 18:31
Why is it that the BBC never shows reruns of "the goodies?"

1) because a bunch of blokes on a bike being chased by a giant kitten is only funny the first time you see it.. and
2) bill oddie!.. nuff said

Flubflow
05-01-2004, 18:38
I think UK OLD showed reruns of the Goodies a couple of years ago. It was really very unfunny the second time round. Most of us here saw it when we were kids and so we probably laughed mostly at the bizarre stuff and physical gags/stunts. My Dad's famous phrase was "it's too daft to laugh at" and that's pretty much how I'd feel about it now.

iadom
05-01-2004, 18:43
1) because a bunch of blokes on a bike being chased by a giant kitten is only funny the first time you see it.. and
2) bill oddie!.. nuff saidYou won't be making an offer for my LP then? I don't know why I can't throw it away, it is rather naff.:)

Flubflow
05-01-2004, 18:49
You won't be making an offer for my LP then? I don't know why I can't throw it away, it is rather naff.:)

Auction it on Ebay. One person's junk is often another person's treasure.

iadom
05-01-2004, 19:07
Auction it on Ebay. One person's junk is often another person's treasure.What, and let the whole world know that I bought it,:blush: I'll keep it safely stowed away in the loft for now, who knows, I may just forget it's there.:)

Atomic22
07-01-2004, 19:55
the bbc wouldnt re-run drivel like the goodies when they have a vault full of timeless classics that are still funny even when they still show them every week........
ie - dads army , only fools , allo allo , etc etc
also how come monty python films are so funny but the tv series was crap?

Xaccers
07-01-2004, 19:58
the bbc wouldnt re-run drivel like the goodies when they have a vault full of timeless classics that are still funny even when they still show them every week........
ie - dads army , only fools , allo allo , etc etc
also how come monty python films are so funny but the tv series was crap?

Goodies drivel?!
Monty Python series crap?!

I feel faint!

Actually that gives us an insight into your comedy tastes.
Dad's army, OFAH, allo allo, are all real life based comedies, if you get what I mean.
Monthy Python and the goodies are quite off the wall, but the monty python films weren't (ok meaning of life was a bit).

:)

Being slightly loopy, I quite like Monty Python and the goodies. Allo allo was quite good too, but I'm not that keen on dad's army, and really don't like OFAH

Marge
07-01-2004, 19:59
Welease Woger

One of my fave films :)

Not seen any of the Goodies programmes since I was ickle so don't know if I would find them funny now

Neil
07-01-2004, 20:05
Why is it that the BBC never shows reruns of "the goodies?"

http://www.easyvalue.com/b2b/shopbot/search.jsp?from=shopbot&partner=easyvalue&catPath=uk%2Ffilm&catId=148401&DVD=checked&title=the+goodies&actor=&zone=2&x=25&y=5 :)

Atomic22
07-01-2004, 20:07
the life of brian is an all time classic film.......
holy grail was very funny as well.....
i never cared for meaning of life much though:shrug:

Xaccers
07-01-2004, 20:10
the life of brian is an all time classic film.......
holy grail was very funny as well.....
i never cared for meaning of life much though:shrug:

Meaning of life was probably the film most like their series, so I'm not suprised you wouldn't enjoy it.
To be honest, when I watch it, I can see some of the bickering that was going on amongst them, and the film suffered because of it.

fireman328
07-01-2004, 20:25
Meaning of life was probably the film most like their series, so I'm not suprised you wouldn't enjoy it.
To be honest, when I watch it, I can see some of the bickering that was going on amongst them, and the film suffered because of it.

I still wait with bated breath for the guy in the restaurant to explode when given the after dinner mint !

Classic "Python"

Flubflow
09-01-2004, 15:19
Thank you anonymous forum "traffic warden" for giving me a negative rep just for saying "UK OLD" instead of UK GOLD. Own up ya chicken and for bobs sake get yourself a sense of irony, pathos, metaphor, hyperbole, satire and...humour.