PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Service !!!!!

Mike
05-01-2004, 14:01
Hello all

A work collegue :mad: has tried over 30 times (so he says) to contact CS to transfer his TV /BB/ Telephone service since moving house.

Can anyone please help or he is just going to cancel.

Many thanks

Mike

Sociable
05-01-2004, 14:22
Hi Mike sorry your colleague is having such problems.

Is the problem he can't get to speak to the right section or that he has and the move has not been dealt with?

If so what specific problem is involved?

Will help to have some extra info on this one so someone can suggest a way forward.

Nemesis
05-01-2004, 14:25
Hi Mike sorry your colleague is having such problems.

Is the problem he can't get to speak to the right section or that he has and the move has not been dealt with?

If so what specific problem is involved?

Will help to have some extra info on this one so someone can suggest a way forward.
I know there is a specific number to call for house Moves .... I'll look for it now ..

Neil
05-01-2004, 14:36
Why bother with a company that clearly can't be ar$ed to take your business ? :afire:

Let me know if you still need help Mike (I'm sure the others will have beaten me to it anyway!)

Nemesis
05-01-2004, 14:41
This is the Web link

http://www.ntlhome.com/moving_house/index.html

and that show the standard phone No. ..... but I was sure the was a specific one ......

Neil
05-01-2004, 14:48
This is the Web link

and that show the standard phone No. ..... but I was sure the was a specific one ......

Moving house with ntl:home could not be easier.

Weââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re sure youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re very busy organising your house move so weââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ve made transferring your nlt:home service as simple as possible. Through this site you can advise us of your move and weââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll do the rest.

Mwuhahahahahaha-what a load of BS! :D

Sociable
05-01-2004, 14:49
Why bother with a company that clearly can't be ar$ed to take your business ? :afire:

Let me know if you still need help Mike (I'm sure the others will have beaten me to it anyway!)

Sorry Neil but I don't think comments like that are constructive lets see if we can help first. Time enough to look at alternatives should we fail.

Neil
05-01-2004, 14:54
Sorry Neil but I don't think comments like that are constructive lets see if we can help first. Time eonough to look at alternatives should we fail.

You're right-my bad. :blush:

*Wonders if giving up smoking was such a good idea now!*

Nemesis
05-01-2004, 14:56

*Wonders if giving up smoking was such a good idea now!*I know you still have *issues* with NTL, but this is supposed to be a place where we help and assist those that need it ..... and I know you've given up smoking ... good luck with that, but Sociable right .... as usual :D

Sociable
05-01-2004, 15:00

*Wonders if giving up smoking was such a good idea now!*

Been there tried that and failed so wishing you more luck on the ciggies than I had Neil. :tu:

Mike
05-01-2004, 15:08
This is the Web link

Thanks every one...............should it just be a simple case of completing this on line form. Reason being he has spoken to CS who never called him back * / his old house is still active and he is trying to get connected at his new property.

He will not phone CS based on above* Is his problem going to be solve by completing this ..............if anyone can help or requires any additional info please come back to me.

Thanks again

Sociable
05-01-2004, 15:14
Has to be worth a try Mike. :)

Either way he will end up having to call CS as cancellations can't be done On-Line AFAIK.

I know it can be a pain if he has had a bad experience with CS previously but maybe this time when he calls tell him to ask to be passed to "retentions" as the problems over transfer have now become a possible or even probable cause for cancelation.

This may well get the CS rep to address the problem with a better attitude especially if he remains firm but calm and polite when making the call.

EDIT: Extra tip when calling any company known to have issues with queues use a hands free/sweaker phone option if you have one. This helps to retain your cool while waiting to be connected and remaining calm often gives you the upper hand when you finally get through. :)

UKViking
28-01-2004, 11:27
I had a bad experience moving house.I tried also about 30 times to get someone over. I got so angry that I stormed into the local NTL offices, but with no luck. I then called NTL head office and spoke to a lady in a high position. I told her my entire story and she got things sorted. A man came to install broadband and telephone as I had in the last house. However, my bills now only state that I have telephone, hence I am recieving Internet for free. Am I going to tell them? no, I won't get through! :naughty:

Eccles
28-01-2004, 11:50
I moved house last July and tried getting a transfer. Someone was looking after my new home for me at the time (i was away). I called up NTL and arranged the transfer a month in adavance. My friend was there to let them in and they turned up and installed not a SACM (which is all I had before) but the complete tv package and everything, which i never asked for or wanted. I go them to come back and take it away then next working day, which they did. Then I got a paper bill for £36 3 days later for TV! Plus usual direct debit for 600k Bb. Needless to say I tried getting a refund, it sort of worked except I kept getting a bill for 2p after that and this has now gone down to 1p for some reason, It costs more than that to print the bill! Just waiting for my 'reminder' letter!:D