PDA

View Full Version : New Account Problem

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 20:03
Don't know if anyone can help me with this - it's probably me being thick again but here goes:
I'm trying to create another account on my computer (running Windows XP home) but I can't seem to get the internet access sorted out - I managed to set up my account (as system admin) and 2 others a few months ago with no probs. When I try to acces the internet from the new account it tries to dial a connection, even though I have BB.
Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks! :)

kronas
01-07-2003, 20:06
in internet explorer

go to tools - internet options - the connections tab and select never dial a connection

you may have to run the setup wizard after that to get connectivity

ntlrebel
01-07-2003, 20:08
There may be a sign folder in Internet Explorer that you will have to delete. Go to my comp>c drive>program files>I/E - delete the sign up file.:p

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 20:21
Ok, I've done both of those , when I tried to acces the internet this time the page came up with Access forbidden!
Kronas, the never dial a connection thing was already ticked - how do i run the setup wizard?
Ntlrebel - i've deleted that file.
Any suggestions, anyone?

kronas
01-07-2003, 20:40
Originally posted by Chimaera
Ok, I've done both of those , when I tried to acces the internet this time the page came up with Access forbidden!
Kronas, the never dial a connection thing was already ticked - how do i run the setup wizard?
Ntlrebel - i've deleted that file.
Any suggestions, anyone?

ok go back to the never dial a connection part

at the top you will see a setup button click on it

then choose the last option on the first page

then choose connect through a lan

make sure automatic discovery of proxy server is ticked

click no if it asks for creating email accounts

then finish

hope that helps

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 20:56
No, that doesn't work either kronas - last option on the first page is setup an advanced connection, then next page is accept incoming connections or connect directly to another computer - nothing about a lan. :(

kronas
01-07-2003, 21:05
No, that doesn't work either kronas - last option on the first page is setup an advanced connection, then next page is accept incoming connections or connect directly to another computer - nothing about a lan. :(

hmm i dont know then sorry !!!!! :rolleyes:

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 21:11
Thanks for all you help! :kiss:
I know - I'll try CS! :)
I'll post any results here.

bonzoe
01-07-2003, 21:17
Check all settings on a working account & apply settings on the problem account, should work.

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 22:02
Yep, just done that thanks bonzoe, all settings are the same.
Still waiting on the phone though - 20 mins and counting! :)
They said 5 mins when I started! :(

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 22:13
Sorted!
I spoke to John in TS, and it turned out it was a problem to do with when I had Free$erve as my ISP.
All sorted now, many thanks to everyone who offered help.
And thank you John in TS :)

ronald146m
01-07-2003, 22:15
Sorted!
I spoke to John in TS, and it turned out it was a problem to do with when I had Free$erve as my ISP.
All sorted now, many thanks to everyone who offered help.
And thank you John in TS :)

So about this photo then.

You can't stall any longer.

Ron
:D :D

Chimaera
01-07-2003, 22:36
Ok, Ron, I'm on the case!
Just pluck my eyebrows, put some slap on, generally tart myself up! :D