PDA

View Full Version : Sods Law

Marge
01-01-2004, 22:18
The bulb has just gone in my bathroom, I have spare bulb but can't reach light fitting as I live in an old terrace and the ceilings are really high. Took life in hands and tried balancing on edge of bath and still can't reach, not good idea I know as I was wobbling. Usually I borrow step ladders from next door but they are in bed. I don't have any candles left either. Any good ideas to help this girl in need ?? :shrug:

Russ
01-01-2004, 22:19
And women don't need men then eh???

Sorry, couldn't resist that one :D

Marge
01-01-2004, 22:20
And women don't need men then eh???

Sorry, couldn't resist that one :D

I need someone taller than my 5' 3 :rofl:

luftys
01-01-2004, 22:27
The bulb has just gone in my bathroom, I have spare bulb but can't reach light fitting as I live in an old terrace and the ceilings are really high. Took life in hands and tried balancing on edge of bath and still can't reach, not good idea I know as I was wobbling. Usually I borrow step ladders from next door but they are in bed. I don't have any candles left either. Any good ideas to help this girl in need ?? :shrug:
Did you have any clothes on when you were Wobbling :blush: was just trying to form a mental picture :naughty:

Bifta
01-01-2004, 22:28
dining chair?

Marge
01-01-2004, 22:29
Did you have any clothes on when you were Wobbling :blush: was just trying to form a mental picture :naughty:

Sorry but yes and they are my combat trousers so I am ready for action

Kneebs
01-01-2004, 22:30
Just leave the bathroom door open ;)

luftys
01-01-2004, 22:30
Wat about an old pair of tights,you might find one with a ladder in :Yikes:

Tricky
01-01-2004, 22:31
Tins of chocolates (You must have some from Xmas) and PC's stacked up...Boxes of beer?

Move a TV/Monitor onto landing outside bathroom door (not inside please!)

Sociable
01-01-2004, 22:33
Try this debsy:

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

"Many Hands Make Light work or so they say". :)

But seriously I would take the risk of missing the bath till it's daylight better to be safe than soapy as they also say.

Ramrod
01-01-2004, 22:34
Leave the corridoor light on and the bathroom door open?

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 22:35
Im 6ft 6 i could lift you up... but i live too far away... you can try dragging a table in the bathroom and put a chair on it that would give you extra height

Kneebs
01-01-2004, 22:35
there's a thread around somewhere.....how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Marge
01-01-2004, 22:37
I think I could do with borrowing Helpys boots

going for a trot round the house to see what I can suss out, thank you for replies least they are giving me a giggle instead of tearing hair out

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 22:42
you could always phone Doncaster Council's maintenance staff (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_212396.html) :rofl:

homealone
01-01-2004, 22:50
Just leave the bathroom door open ;)

with the light on in the hall - and whistle? :D

- borrow the step ladder tomorrow:)

Gaz

Marge
01-01-2004, 22:56
Once again the members on here come up trumps....

Gave me idea of dragging my chest of drawers into the bathroom, climbed on the bath and then scrambled onto the top of the drawers and hey presto one light bulb changed

:tu::tu::tu: thanks to all and can now go and have a bath

hope you tall people realise how lucky you are :erm:

Xaccers
01-01-2004, 22:57
You're a hobbit really aren't you Debsy? :)

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 23:00
thanks to all and can now go and have a bath

hope you tall people realise how lucky you are

we tall people will be even luckier if you switch your web cam on :eek: :naughty:

Marge
01-01-2004, 23:04
we tall people will be even luckier if you switch your web cam on :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: me thinks you want thrilling not killing :eek: :eek:

Florence
01-01-2004, 23:06
I would become independant and buy a pair of step ladders tomorrow, so if it happens again its not a problem.

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 23:07
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: me thinks you want thrilling not killing :eek: :eek:

And i always thought there was good stuff in small packaging

Marge
01-01-2004, 23:15
I would become independant and buy a pair of step ladders tomorrow, so if it happens again its not a problem.

I have got some smaller ones which usually do the job fine but the cable in bathroom is so damm short, first time the bulbs gone and I've lived here nearly 7 years :shrug:

Marge
01-01-2004, 23:17
And i always thought there was good stuff in small packaging

There is, honest :naughty: , think my new years resolution is to change diet and start eating miracle grow

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 23:22
There is, honest :naughty: , think my new years resolution is to change diet and start eating miracle grow

or exercising

I betcha cant touch your toes standing up, without bending your legs?

7yrs use out of a bulb that must be a record?

Marge
01-01-2004, 23:26
course i can, i do go to the gym now honest guv

well i promise to start going again beginning next week, luckily there is an on site gym at work so no excuse really

and can you cos it's a longer way down for you ??

DrAwesome
01-01-2004, 23:31
course i can, i do go to the gym now honest guv

well i promise to start going again beginning next week, luckily there is an on site gym at work so no excuse really

and can you cos it's a longer way down for you ??

Eating Too much black puddin' i bet

i most likely could (with permission of course) touch your toes without bending my knees especially if you were stood on your chest of drawers. :)

Marge
01-01-2004, 23:35
Eating Too much black puddin' i bet

i most likely could (with permission of course) touch your toes without bending my knees especially if you were stood on your chest of drawers .

think i need to go and have cold bath now, back laters :wavey:

DrAwesome
02-01-2004, 00:37
think i need to go and have cold bath now, back laters :wavey:

awwwe shucks... i guess i'll be too late to offer/volunteer to scrub those hard to reach places.

on your back :)

Marge
02-01-2004, 00:43
Thanks for very kind offer you scrubber you lol but all sorted now. Not wishing to moan but lightbulb is 100 watt so bathroom now looks like Blackpool illuminations

and btw I don't eat black pudding, own a greyhound or wear a flat cap :erm:

DrAwesome
02-01-2004, 00:53
Thanks for very kind offer you scrubber you lol but all sorted now. Not wishing to moan but lightbulb is 100 watt so bathroom now looks like Blackpool illuminations

you forgot to mention
i dont keep pidgeons
i dont wear wellies
I'm not a champion gurner
and i dont say "eee by gum" after every 2nd sentence

Russ
02-01-2004, 07:57
I have a better idea - you should have found God, that way you would have "seen the light".......

Sorry....

ntluser
02-01-2004, 08:30
Thinking ahead you could:-

a) replace the existing bathroom light fitting with a 3 bulb version so if one bulb fails you still have light in the bathroom

b) always have a powerful torch or torches in the bathroom and other rooms of the house in the event that there is a powercut while you are in the bath, but make sure that you regularly check and replace defunct batteries

c) buy an inspection lamp on an extension cable so that you can bring light into your bathroom (or any other room) if the 'lighting' circuit in your house is deactivated in some way, by plugging it in to the usual sockets, which are on the 'power' circuit

d) have candles, candle-holders and matches placed strategically together around the house, assuming that children and other potential arsonists will not have access to them

e)have an electrician rig up a backup set of emergency lighting placed at a low level that is accessible without the need for a ladder

f) have some step ladders, spare bulbs, batteries etc stored conveniently in the house

Hopefully, this will cover you in the event of complete or partial loss of power,blown fuses or blown bulbs.

The secret with these things is to assume the worst scenario and come up with solutions or partial solutions beforehand. Mind you if you reach about Plan G in your list of backup options you're either having a bad dream or dealing with a disaster of world class proportions. Either way it won't be pleasant!! ;)

Hope this helps!!

kronas
02-01-2004, 08:37

:rofl:

*wishes he was there to help

mind you im not that tall either but imsure i could have worked something out glad you got it sorted :D

i very much doubt this lass is a typical one i mean i think she has more class then that something tells me........ :naughty: :wavey:

luftys
02-01-2004, 12:50
Glad that you got it sorted :wavey:

I still have a mental picture of you :disturbd:
4foot 15inc with nothing but combats on :naughty:

Nemesis
02-01-2004, 13:22
Glad that you got it sorted :wavey:

I still have a mental picture of you :disturbd:
4foot 15inc with nothing but combats on :naughty:
Down boy Down boy :D

Theodoric
02-01-2004, 15:58
Hmm. Sounds like a really serious problem, in which case you need to contact these people (http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/communications/examples_of_999_calls.asp). As you will see they have vast experience of this type of problem. Do not hesitate; call them now, I'm sure they'll be glad to help you.

Ramrod
02-01-2004, 17:15
I have a better idea - you should have found God, that way you would have "seen the light".......

Sorry....Theres that one track mind again......should get out more m8 ;) :D

*edit* No! Going to church dosn't count! :D

luftys
02-01-2004, 17:21
Hmm. Sounds like a really serious problem, in which case you need to contact these people (http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/communications/examples_of_999_calls.asp). As you will see they have vast experience of this type of problem. Do not hesitate; call them now, I'm sure they'll be glad to help you.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ramrod
02-01-2004, 17:23
Some real gems there :D You really do have to wonder..... :shrug: