PDA

View Full Version : router problems/mac cloning?

garyeaton182
31-12-2003, 15:00
i've just rigged my ps2 through my Belkin router & it connects to the network but I can't play Fifa 2004. I can log in to the server but not play a game. I believe that this is due to going through a router & I need to forward the relevent ports to the ps2. I have tried this & it still won't work. Any ideas?? (the ps2 is in the DMZ on my router as well).

Also, is it likely that I need to clone the mac address of the ps2 to the router & register this with NTL??

I don't fancy shelling out yet another £5 per month, as they already fleece me for £85 pm :)

th'engineer
31-12-2003, 19:41
clone the mac address of your original pc or ps2 connected tothe network that should work

thejabba5050
01-01-2004, 11:23
Hi, I have also got a Belkin Router and had these troubles with EA games but i think i got around it!

if you put '192.168.2.1' into your browser the router setup should come up.

On the left click 'initial setup' then click on 'virtual server'

Find out the IP address of your PS2 ( i did this by clicking on security log in this window and looking for IP's of connected clients and obviously PS2 will not have a name like others such as downstairs etc )

Once you have the IP address of the ps2 put the last octet in each column where shown and open the ports

writing them down in both private and public port boxes. They are all UDP.

This managed to get Need For Speed Underground working fine for me, some other EA games might require different ports, but virtual server is the place on the router setup to make these changes and not special application ports.

Hope it works!

garyeaton182
01-01-2004, 14:17
Thanks for the suggestions.. I'll give it a try. I did read somewhere from EA that the port forwarding is most important if you are behind a router or a firewall. If it doesn't work this time I'll try cloning the mac address & registering again with ntlworld.

Happy new year to all!

garyeaton182
02-01-2004, 09:21
Thanks for all the help! I forwarded all the ports & hoped for the best. I also read a few comments concerning EA's gaming server for fifa & found that other users had experienced problems connecting & had to try several times to achieve a connection. Seems I need to be a bit more patient :)

Anyway... it works fine now, except I keep getting my ass kicked :(

thejabba5050
03-01-2004, 21:58
Hi, no probs for the help!

If you have to try several times for the connection this may be either because other people were suffering same problems and haven't forwarded points yet of those behind a router,

or,

you need to forward some more ports as well :rolleyes: I don't particulary trust EA (c*nts) so on the games on the server page there is some information on ports that need to be opened, if they aren't open already open them using the same port forwarding method and hopefully this will sort out your problem if there ever was one :geez:

Enjoy.... :D