PDA

View Full Version : Home movie on the PS2?

Caspar
31-12-2003, 10:22
hi all, I hope you're all having a fun xmas!

A friend wants to watch his home-movies on his PS2. Does anyone know what he needs to do, what media format he should burn to?, best software to burn with, etc...

Is there a dummy's guide to this somewhere? :)

Thanks all :D

Tristan
04-01-2004, 16:11
He could *try* burning it to a DVD (or a 'mini-DVD' -- a CD with DVD formatting -- if it's small), using something like Nero, but the PS2 is a bit hit-and-miss reading recordable discs, although the new silver one is better. I don't know if this would work though.

If you ask me, it's this sort of thing that would really help the PS2 become the 'digital gateway' all-in-one device that Sony once had in mind. Stick some MPEGs on a disk and shove it in the PS2 -- wouldn't that be good? Oh well, never mind...

Neil
05-01-2004, 13:39
He could *try* burning it to a DVD (or a 'mini-DVD' -- a CD with DVD formatting -- if it's small), using something like Nero, but the PS2 is a bit hit-and-miss reading recordable discs, although the new silver one is better. I don't know if this would work though.

If you ask me, it's this sort of thing that would really help the PS2 become the 'digital gateway' all-in-one device that Sony once had in mind. Stick some MPEGs on a disk and shove it in the PS2 -- wouldn't that be good? Oh well, never mind...

Hehe-the XBOX can already do that. ;) :angel: :D

Nemesis
05-01-2004, 13:40
Hehe-the XBOX can already do that. ;) :angel: :DNow Now Neil ...... some haven't delved into the pleasures of the XBOX ... yet

imback
05-01-2004, 15:41
To answer the question, you can buy a boot disk (so your PS2 will play CDR's etc) called swap disk, I think you can also use the action reply things also.