PDA

View Full Version : Favourite's disappearing?

Prawn
30-12-2003, 09:43
Hello All

Over the last month my Favourites have dissapeared (the list has emptied) twice on my Pace 4000 box. The first time it happened I though it might have been a software upgrade but after looking around I am still on CR1.

Does anybody else have this problem ? or can anybody shed any light on why it happens.

Thanks
Simon

th'engineer
30-12-2003, 09:55
Hi and welcome to the forum it may be there has been an update the 4000 is not the best of boxes

ntltech32
30-12-2003, 10:36
Hello All

Over the last month my Favourites have dissapeared (the list has emptied) twice on my Pace 4000 box. The first time it happened I though it might have been a software upgrade but after looking around I am still on CR1.

Does anybody else have this problem ? or can anybody shed any light on why it happens.

Thanks
Simon

It could also be the battery low in the actual stb. That is is you are switching it off from the mains.. But then again it would also lose the default freq's and sybol rates so probably not that.. Could be a software update.. although I havent heard of any for the 4000n recently.

magpie
30-12-2003, 15:48
Could it be because of this?

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4352

Lew
30-12-2003, 16:37
I get this problem on my 4001 box (original NTL area). I have my box set to display the favourites first (so that I don't have to scroll through the crappy shopping channels and Front Row channels), but occasionally I notice that certain channels have 'un-set' themselves as favourites and I have to go and re-set them.

coolea96
31-12-2003, 11:56
I get this problem quite frequently... I have to reset my favorites at least once a month..

In fact just finished doing it for the second time this month... was there some kind of update over Christmas ??

I think I have an 4000 box... I am in an ex C&W area...

from reading the forum notes i guess it is just down to the unrealiabilty of the boxes...

With no sign of some proper interactive services or recordable boxes... seriously considering SKY