PDA

View Full Version : What about the bloody cows?

peachey
30-12-2003, 01:32
Its all rubbish about the fox hunting

its just a sop so they can discuss 'the problem' over a decent steak in a restaurant

myself - I have been coerced into eating the flesh of animals over the xmas period and am ashamed of it

the only way forward is to abolish this contemptuous halal, macho, kosher and whole treating of women as a sort of collection of orifices
and pod of baby production thing

Mal
30-12-2003, 01:33
Okay...

Oh sorry, what the f...

ZrByte
30-12-2003, 01:36
Ever come in on the middle of a conversation and think that you have missed out on something important??

Bifta
30-12-2003, 01:40
Sounds like someone's been on the bong.

dieselking
30-12-2003, 01:41
errrrrrrrrr What are u on about Peachey????

Shaun
30-12-2003, 02:05
:beer: ??

Paul
30-12-2003, 02:17
Hmm, I have another of what he/she is drinking please. :D

Steve H
30-12-2003, 02:23
Does it all too often :rolleyes:

carlingman
30-12-2003, 02:28
Is it a he or is it a she ???

Does it all to often.

Is it a car or is it a KA.

Bifta
30-12-2003, 03:14
Is it a he or is it a she ???

Does it all to often.

Is it a car or is it a KA.

I'd probably go for the latter, make's about as much sense ;)

dieselking
30-12-2003, 03:22
Hello KA :wavey:

LooK...... if u want to stop folk believing u aren't KA u will have to come up with some evidence

Russ
30-12-2003, 03:32
Ahh but some of us don't need evidence....oh hang on, wrong subject :D

Jerrek
30-12-2003, 05:22
fox hunting?

Russ
30-12-2003, 11:29
Yep.

Chimaera
30-12-2003, 11:38
Yep - so let's have some evidence peachey!!!! Prove your ID one way or the other!
Or stay off the festive 'spirits'! :nono:

Russ
30-12-2003, 11:45
Nah, no need for anyone to prove their ID here :)

peachey
30-12-2003, 11:56
Yep - so let's have some evidence peachey!!!! Prove your ID one way or the other!
Or stay off the festive 'spirits'! :nono:

yeah - but how can I provide "evidence"

in the form of the typed word?

Russ
30-12-2003, 11:58
yeah - but how can I provide "evidence"

You don't. You just get on with the forum like anyone else.

This isn't going to turn in to a witch-hunt!

Paul K
30-12-2003, 12:30
You don't. You just get on with the forum like anyone else.

This isn't going to turn in to a witch-hunt!
Indeed we wouldn't want people crossing between forums, throwing accusations about again would we :shrug: I mean, it's not as though the question of proof hasn't been asked before by others is it :naughty:

Stuart W
30-12-2003, 12:43
IMO...

The asking for proof just prolongs the nonsense.

Here's an idea...
Just post on the forum. Let other people post. DON'T spend time looking into who is pretending to be who, it's a waste of time.

As for the opening post...
Well, fox hunting is pretty barbaric and I'd ideally like to see an end to it. The problem I have is what are they going to do with all the hunt dogs?
They are no good as pets, which only realistically leaves destruction.

As for the eating of flesh.... pop up to your nearest mirror and take a good look. Open your mouth and look at those white (possibly yellow) teeth.
If they are ALL big flat teeth, you are a herbivore (veggie) If you have thin sharp ones at the front (top & bottom) with canines to the sides (pointy ones) followed by ever thicker / larger ones then, like me, you are a carnivore (meat eater).

Now, assuming you are a carnivore, you may choose not to eat meat, but your body can't choose not to be a carnivore. You will need to seriously look at your diet to make sure you can still ingest the needed proteins, vitamins, carbs etc. There are all too many vegetarians / vegans who look pale, skinny and ill!

peachey
30-12-2003, 12:48
yeah but
if you look at the intestine of a vegetarian - eg a rabbit

it will be approx 3 times the length of it body

if you look at that of a carnivore ( a proper one) it will be one and a half times the body length - a lion for instance

what happens if you take the human as an example? - 3 times body length

Paul K
30-12-2003, 12:56
IMO...

Here's an idea...
Just post on the forum. Let other people post. DON'T spend time looking into who is pretending to be who, it's a waste of time.

Well, fox hunting is pretty barbaric and I'd ideally like to see an end to it. The problem I have is what are they going to do with all the hunt dogs?

As for the eating of flesh.... pop up to your nearest mirror and take a good look. Open your mouth and look at those white (possibly yellow) teeth.
If they are ALL big flat teeth, you are a herbivore (veggie) If you have thin sharp ones at the front (top & bottom) with canines to the sides (pointy ones) followed by ever thicker / larger ones then, like me, you are a carnivore (meat eater).

Now, assuming you are a carnivore, you may choose not to eat meat, but your body can't choose not to be a carnivore. You will need to seriously look at your diet to make sure you can still ingest the needed proteins, vitamins, carbs etc. There are all too many vegetarians / vegans who look pale, skinny and ill!
Errr hello from a vegetarian who is neither skinny, pale or ill :rolleyes: If you want proof of that just ask and photo evidence can be provided :p

Chimaera
30-12-2003, 12:58
Errr hello from a vegetarian who is neither skinny, pale or ill :rolleyes: If you want proof of that just ask and photo evidence can be provided :p
Yep - and I've felt the physical evidence too! ;)

Russ
30-12-2003, 13:03
I confess my ignorance to this sort of thing, but is it true that vegetarians have to make adaptions to their diet or ensure they consume certain kinds of foods to have a healthy diet?

Paul K
30-12-2003, 13:04
yeah but

if you look at that of a carnivore ( a proper one) it will be one and a half times the body length - a lion for instance

:shrug: and your point is what with this example? Sorry but I don't see what you are trying to make a point of here? That a rabbits intestines are long??

Paul K
30-12-2003, 13:10
I confess my ignorance to this sort of thing, but is it true that vegetarians have to make adaptions to their diet or ensure they consume certain kinds of foods to have a healthy diet?
As long as we balance our diets we can eat normal vegetarian alternatives. Making sure you maintain your vitamins and minerals is key and not difficult either with the wide array of foods about now. You don't just eat vegetables if you don't want to, soya products etc are improving dramatically.

homealone
30-12-2003, 13:32
yeah but

Lions, as members of the cat family, are obligate carnivores, they can't survive on anything other than meat. Humans are omniverous & can survive on either meat or vegetables/grain/pulses, or both.

Grass eating herbivores have the hardest job, as grass is so poor nutritionally, hence Rabbits eat grass, then eat their faeces to have a second go at digestion, before finally passing the pellets we are familiar with - I don't think I'm going that route!

Teeth are a more reliable indicator of an animals dietary preference, than the gut, or you could argue that humans aren't designed to be vegetarian, because we don't have a multi-chambered stomach?

peachey
30-12-2003, 13:42
what I am getting at is unneccassary greed & stupidity over world resources

land can yield more if used for vegetable production

rather than chopping it all down to graze cows on
and having people driving through in four wheel drives
eating hamburgers because it equates with their hunter and warrior
image that they foolishly have of themselves

luftys
30-12-2003, 13:43
You cant beat a Bacon sandwich,I can make a pig of myself with one :Yikes:

paulyoung666
30-12-2003, 13:59

maybe it can but i will stick with my meat eating , it is down to personal preference what ppl eat i suppose :shrug:

James S
30-12-2003, 14:09
Give me a nice big slab of meat which is nicely rare and red, to chew on. The juices are lovely and the taste of almost raw meat is lovely.

Slurp....let me just lick my chin if those juices.

Ramrod
30-12-2003, 14:20
IMO...

Here's an idea...

Now, assuming you are a carnivore, you may choose not to eat meat, but your body can't choose not to be a carnivore. You will need to seriously look at your diet to make sure you can still ingest the needed proteins, vitamins, carbs etc. There are all too many vegetarians / vegans who look pale, skinny and ill!We are omnivores..... :)

Ramrod
30-12-2003, 14:21
I confess my ignorance to this sort of thing, but is it true that vegetarians have to make adaptions to their diet or ensure they consume certain kinds of foods to have a healthy diet?Vegans do.

Stuart
30-12-2003, 14:51
Meat is not the only example of how we are squandering the worlds resources. There are many others. Cars being one.

True

I suspect that is more to do with capitalism rather than meat eating. We have plenty of farms here that are capable of producing enough meat for our population and the farmers haven't flattened large forests to create. It's just that we prefer to buy cheaper meat than these farms can produce. I suspect that the supermarkets and fast food chains are the main reason this happens.

I also suspect (in fact I am pretty sure) that the same happens with vegetables.

BTW, I eat burgers because I like to eat burgers, not because I think it makes me look like a hunter..

peachey
30-12-2003, 15:30
BTW, I eat burgers because I like to eat burgers, not because I think it makes me look like a hunter..

maybe you got that sore throat from a dodgy burger

Stuart
30-12-2003, 15:45
maybe you got that sore throat from a dodgy burger
Err.. What sore throat?

paulyoung666
30-12-2003, 15:47
Err.. What sore throat?

wtf :confused:

this thread gets weirder by the minute :shrug:

Stuart
30-12-2003, 15:48
wtf :confused:

this thread gets weirder by the minute :shrug:
Your telling me...

peachey
30-12-2003, 15:58
Err.. What sore throat?

the one he went on about in
his shamelessly plugged blog

paulyoung666
30-12-2003, 16:09

but what has it got to do with a burger :confused: :shrug:

Paul K
30-12-2003, 16:15
all I can say is....
:shrug: :notopic::LOL:

Stuart
30-12-2003, 17:22
but what has it got to do with a burger :confused: :shrug:
Nothing.

If peachey read the blog, it does explain why I had the sore throat... And it was nothing to do with burgers..

Paul
30-12-2003, 17:34
I love steak, and bacon & chicken :D
I hate most veg and all salad (rabbit food as I call it ;))

paulyoung666
30-12-2003, 18:04
I love steak, and bacon & chicken :D
I hate most veg and all salad (rabbit food as I call it ;))

i'm with you about the salad :eek:

Florence
30-12-2003, 23:27
Well this is a weird topic... You are going on about cows. after the 31st of December every person in the UK has to have a passport for their pet horse or pony in two languages English and French... WHY!!!!!!

just so the French can be sure that all horses/ponies they eat havenââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t had treatment with certain ailments that require strong painkillers like bute given to ease pain in ponies with laminitis. These passports have top be signed by the vet and the treatment given put on the passport. Some will be in pain as medication will be with held if it says the animal is for human consumption. Failure to comply with this EU ruling brought in when they had the French in charge will result in a fine for the pony owner of thousands of poundsââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦

Excuse me for not defending the cow but can you teach a cow to follow you every where count, bow, play football yes horses are creatures with a brain and can be trained to do most things..

Sorry for the rant just I needed to say it I will now stay quiet flame away if you want.

Paul
31-12-2003, 00:01
Just another reason to say :upyours: to the EU. :)

luftys
31-12-2003, 01:16
Just another reason to say :upyours: to the EU. :)
:rofl: :rofl: That wat we should all say

:upyours: sit and spin EU