PDA

View Full Version : Nfl ...

Laws
01-07-2003, 11:39
any of you guys play american sports game, ive got nfl2k2 for dreamcast and love it!

i never intended to get the game but it was free, once you learn the rules its a bloody fun game.

thinking about getting an xbox nfl game but i doubt many UKers play online...

Caspar
01-07-2003, 11:43
I would and have...but i dont understand the sport....so it's pretty damn hard to learn to play the game!

....I'm just waiting for a FIFA footbal game, but let's not start that one off again!

fluds
01-07-2003, 12:02
I still play Fever 2003 online, yet to beat a yank though. Caspar it is not to hard to pick up and makes for a good online game. IMO.

Boom
01-07-2003, 12:56
Anyone looking for a game of NFL2K3 on Xbox, can send me an invite. I know the rules very well, but I haven't played it much so I'm pretty sh*te!

XiceWolf
01-07-2003, 16:09
Basically on offence do you not get 4 attempts to make 10 yards on the pitch ? If you fail to do this the offence goes to the over the team. The defence obviously tries to stop the offence gaining yards. Thats basically it is it now ?

Boom
01-07-2003, 16:13
In its most basic form, yes. Rarely do coaches use the 4th down to gain yards. Depending on distance to other team's goal they will either punt the ball or try for a field goal on the 4th down. Mind you there are plenty of play-fakes in any coaches strategy.

Originally posted by XiceWolf
Basically on offence do you not get 4 attempts to make 10 yards on the pitch ? If you fail to do this the offence goes to the over the team. The defence obviously tries to stop the offence gaining yards. Thats basically it is it now ?

Caspar
01-07-2003, 16:26
Originally posted by Boom
In its most basic form, yes. Rarely do coaches use the 4th down to gain yards. Depending on distance to other team's goal they will either punt the ball or try for a field goal on the 4th down. Mind you there are plenty of play-fakes in any coaches strategy.

:confused:

see I told you!!!!!!

ic14
01-07-2003, 17:45
Originally posted by Boom
Anyone looking for a game of NFL2K3 on Xbox, can send me an invite. I know the rules very well, but I haven't played it much so I'm pretty sh*te!
How about NHL 2K3?
Havent played that in a while but it was the only american sports game that i liked the look of

XiceWolf
01-07-2003, 18:46
Caspar it aint hard to understand common sense really. After 3 failed attempts you can either gamble on gaining the 10 yards or punt it away as far from your end zone as possible resulting in the offence having more work to do. Simple really.

Boom
02-07-2003, 08:20
Yeah, I'll play NHL2K3. I actually play it frequently with McTim. If you want a game send me an invite.

Originally posted by ic14
How about NHL 2K3?
Havent played that in a while but it was the only american sports game that i liked the look of

Laws
02-07-2003, 14:37
is there a new wave of nfl games coming out? new season or some thing?

NFL QUESTION:

when defending, i normally bring a player close to the line (one of the faster ones) and then make him sprint and chase the QB.

80% of the time i take him down and cause a sack, just wanted to know if this is considered cheap or lame online.

(draw back is if the QB makes a pass there'l be one less man covering)

this is on nfl2k2 on dreamcast btw.

gazzae
02-07-2003, 14:42
Originally posted by Laws
is there a new wave of nfl games coming out? new season or some thing?

NFL QUESTION:

when defending, i normally bring a player close to the line (one of the faster ones) and then make him sprint and chase the QB.

80% of the time i take him down and cause a sack, just wanted to know if this is considered cheap or lame online.

(draw back is if the QB makes a pass there'l be one less man covering)

this is on nfl2k2 on dreamcast btw.

Its known as a Blitz, happens in the real game.

Boom
02-07-2003, 14:43
Completely valid tactic.

Laws
02-07-2003, 15:06
cool, but id prolly get ****ed is some sucker kept doing that to me.

just to futher explain: theres the line that my defenders make and then theres a gap between them and the wide blockers.

i put my man in that gap - is it just up to the offensive to team to find and hold him?

Boom
02-07-2003, 15:09
In a real life game, the offensive team need to get the ball away fast on a blitz or the QB has to do some scrambling.

Blitzes don't always work as sometimes the offensive line are too tough to get through even when out-manned.

gazzae
02-07-2003, 16:25
I always find the Blitz is a big risk to take, fantastic if it comes off and you sack the QB a good number of yards behind the line of scrimmage, but if you miss him or he shrugs you off then there is going to be miles of space for his receivers.

But then again there is nothing more satisfying that absolutely smashing the QB when he's looking the other way.

Just make sure not to hit him after he's released or you'll get an unnecessary roughness penalty.

Boom
02-07-2003, 16:26
Very true, but if the QB's still holding that ball, make him feel pain! :D

Laws
02-07-2003, 17:47
i love it ! lol

all this talk makes me wanna play, only got 1 more hour left of work...