PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Working

Marge
28-12-2003, 20:33
Anyone else been working over Christmas? I was in Boxing Day and yesterday and in all this week apart from New Years Day :cry:

I know it's all my own fault for not having any hols left but it still feels crap getting up for work at 6.30 am knowing nearly everybody else is snuggled up warm and fast asleep

Bex
28-12-2003, 20:35
Anyone else been working over Christmas? I was in Boxing Day and yesterday and in all this week apart from New Years Day :cry:

I know it's all my own fault for not having any hols left but it still feels crap getting up for work at 6.30 am knowing nearly everybody else is snuggled up warm and fast asleep

i worked christmas eve, and then on saturday and will be working new years eve and get new years day off......it sucked majorly getting up early on saturday :cry: but woohoooo because i worked the last two saturdays i get tomorrow offfffffff woohooooo..although still have to get up early

MikeyB
28-12-2003, 21:27
Would you hate me then if I said my last day was xmas eve, and I don't go back to work till the 12th (runs & hides)

Marge
28-12-2003, 21:28
Would you hate me then if I said my last day was xmas eve, and I don't go back to work till the 12th (runs & hides)

Yes I do hate you, not back till the 12th Jan :eek: wtf

Proppinupthebar
28-12-2003, 21:31
I've been on 24hr call from the 12th of December until 7am tommorow morning. I'm going home tommorow to Gods own county to see my family (who I haven't seen for 10 months).
I may have a couple of drinky poohs whilst back home.

Proppinupthebar
28-12-2003, 21:37
I've been on 24hr call from the 12th of December until 7am tommorow morning. I'm going home tommorow to Gods own county to see my family (who I haven't seen for 10 months).
I may have a couple of drinky poohs whilst back home.

Oh yes, Sorry I forgot to mention. Its my Mums Birthday today. All the family went out together today for a meal. Except me.

Bex
28-12-2003, 21:40
Oh yes, Sorry I forgot to mention. Its my Mums Birthday today. All the family went out together today for a meal. Except me.

awww hun :ghugs: well im sure you will have plenty of opportunity to go out when you go back home :D

Proppinupthebar
28-12-2003, 21:47
awww hun :ghugs: well im sure you will have plenty of opportunity to go out when you go back home :D
My brother in law and me may well prop up a few bars. For a few days.
The family meal was a surprise for my mum. Was a bit difficult not letting on this morning.
Happy New Year to all.

Paul
28-12-2003, 22:42
I am on call next week (from Monday).

Dave Stones
28-12-2003, 22:44
Yes I do hate you, not back till the 12th Jan :eek: wtf

technically i dont start back til then either...

*enjoys being a slack money-sponge*

Proppinupthebar
28-12-2003, 22:53
technically i dont start back til then either...

*enjoys being a slack money-sponge*

Dave, or David. Your website says it was last updated tommorow (29th). Pretty bl**dy clever stuff they are teaching at Uni these days!!!
I spent 5 years at Uni, did a bit of Project Management but no time travel. No wonder they are looking at tuition fees!

EDIT : Your site looks to be all play at the moment! Pace yourself. In my day it was exams all at the end of the year, and that year end soon came around!!!
Eeey I remember when this was all fields!
Oh, and by the way, the MPEG malarkey I do these days never came up at Uni, I've had to pick it all up afterwards. 5 frickin years down the pan! But I wouldnt change a thing and would do it all over again!

Paul
29-12-2003, 16:14
I am on call next week (from Monday).
Three callouts this morning :(

Damn users locking their accounts out :rolleyes: .... mutter ... mutter ... mutter ..