PDA

View Full Version : Onions

peachey
28-12-2003, 20:24
is it just me or are onions not as strong as they once were?

Dave Stones
28-12-2003, 20:30
:erm::erm: i wouldnt know, dont go around eating onions like apples...

Ramrod
28-12-2003, 20:30
is it just me or are onions not as strong as they once were?try organic ones!

peachey
28-12-2003, 20:42
try organic ones!

could do

it's not so much I wanted dead strong ones

it's just I seemed to remember them as more powerful
like when you cut them up

you would cry and so on

chooped one up yesterday and it did not affect me in the slightest

Bex
28-12-2003, 21:19
could do

it's not so much I wanted dead strong ones

it's just I seemed to remember them as more powerful
like when you cut them up

you would cry and so on

chooped one up yesterday and it did not affect me in the slightest

as ramrod said maybe try organic....i hadn't noticed the difference in strongness tbh :shrug:

Jon T
28-12-2003, 22:03
When I was walking around Cirencester about 6 months back I thought it would be a good idea to have a beef burger, I got a bit puzzled when the question fired my way was "do you want 'anyans' with that?", had to think for a bit to realize that they meant onions.

Jon

Dave Stones
28-12-2003, 22:18
onions have never made me cry anyway...

*strange boy*

swoop101
28-12-2003, 22:47
Get some good Spanish onions - peel the lenses right from your eyes. :D

Dave Stones
28-12-2003, 23:41
obviously you are more of an onion conoisseur (sp?) than me... i will stick to what comes in the bag from tesco's, or the garden if i happen to be at home. yes we grow our own veg here in backwards land *cough* yorkshire... ;)

Theodoric
28-12-2003, 23:49
When I was walking around Cirencester about 6 months back I thought it would be a good idea to have a beef burger, I got a bit puzzled when the question fired my way was "do you want 'anyans' with that?", had to think for a bit to realize that they meant onions.

Jon
Perhaps it's something to do with the way the locals pronounce the name of their town; somthing ilike 'Sisister', isn't it? :)

Theodoric
28-12-2003, 23:59
as ramrod said maybe try organic....i hadn't noticed the difference in strongness tbh :shrug:
I'd say that any differenece is more likely to be due to the variety, rather than whether it was organic or not.

carlingman
29-12-2003, 00:43
onions have never made me cry anyway...

*strange boy*

And i thought peachey was a girl/lady/woman.

:)

peachey
30-12-2003, 01:22
And i thought peachey was a girl/lady/woman.

:)

I can remember times in my mothers kitchen when I would be shedding tears cutting the things - copious tears in fact

and, by way of entertainment, would occasionaly eat a piece of the shredded item - and I remember thinking it was really strong

Bifta
30-12-2003, 01:59
Perhaps it's something to do with the way the locals pronounce the name of their town; somthing ilike 'Sisister', isn't it? :)

I thought it was soiiiiiiiirenseeeeeeeester

carlingman
30-12-2003, 02:31
I can remember times in my mothers kitchen when I would be shedding tears cutting the things - copious tears in fact

and, by way of entertainment, would occasionaly eat a piece of the shredded item - and I remember thinking it was really strong

And yes what does that prove.

Was this kitchen in Bolton by any chance.

Goodnight KA.

Theodoric
30-12-2003, 17:03
I thought it was soiiiiiiiirenseeeeeeeester
From the Wikipedia:

Traditionally, Cirencester was pronounced sis-etter or sis-sester, but by the 1980s this pronunciation had been largely replaced by Syren-sester. The older pronunciation is now rarely used, while many local people simply abbreviate the name to Ciren.