PDA

View Full Version : problems with o2 network anyone?

bb31
27-12-2003, 20:36
Is anyone else having a problem with tex messages on o2?? I have been waiting for over 24 hours for some tex messages to come thru to my inbox (and thats the ones I know about!)

ive tried my sim card in another phone and still no text's. also rung customer services and a nice man told me there must be a problem with the network.....and should sort itself out in a couple of hours. But other ppl who are on O2 dont appear to have this problem.

Have no probs phoning out and sending tex messages this all seems to work ok

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

p.s

i can receive messages from a friend who is on the virgin network :confused:

Honey
28-12-2003, 01:53
Yes bb31, I've noticed problems with O2 sending & receiving texts, over the past few days!

Chimaera
28-12-2003, 08:52
Well I've had no problems with texting to anyone on other networks, or other people on O2 - it was fine last night. My daughter has had problems though - tried her card in another phone too and still no good.
The mystery deepens!

Paul K
28-12-2003, 10:14
Nope was fine here too last night, I did notice the occasional slow delivery but nothing serious and certainly no messages being lost. Where abouts are you geographically bb31?

bb31
28-12-2003, 23:25
Nope was fine here too last night, I did notice the occasional slow delivery but nothing serious and certainly no messages being lost. Where abouts are you geographically bb31?

sunny manchester here!!!

Ive rang o2 yet again, and they say its a sim card fault and I have to purchase a new one!!! Not very happy about this, as if my sim card was knackered, surely i wouldnt be able to use it at all. :mad:

Paul K
28-12-2003, 23:28
sunny manchester here!!!

Ive rang o2 yet again, and they say its a sim card fault and I have to purchase a new one!!! Not very happy about this, as if my sim card was knackered, surely i wouldnt be able to use it at all. :mad:
It may be that the sim card isn't storing your data correctly and thats why its not working for you the way it should be. Is it a contract phone as I managed to get a replacement phone and sim card when mine failled.

bb31
28-12-2003, 23:32
It may be that the sim card isn't storing your data correctly and thats why its not working for you the way it should be. Is it a contract phone as I managed to get a replacement phone and sim card when mine failled.

yep, its on contract but O2 say i have to pay for new sim card......cant wait till contract runs out I hate o2!!! roll on May!!!

Paul K
28-12-2003, 23:36
Point out to them that if you are going to be charged for a sim card you will be more than happy to leave the network since your contract is up for renewal soon. The loss of £10 for a sim card is nothing against the loss of a contract ;) Thats how I got my replacement LOL

Marge
28-12-2003, 23:38
Tis all very strange cos my texts to bb get through straight away yet others sent are lost in the big wide text world :shrug:

squiggs1982
31-12-2003, 10:37
yep, its on contract but O2 say i have to pay for new sim card......cant wait till contract runs out I hate o2!!! roll on May!!!

Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them! :)

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about! :D

virtual-angel
31-12-2003, 10:54
I recently got one of the pay as you go o2 sim cards where you get 300 free messages a month. Ive never used o2 before and they suck!!! i keep getting errors when sending text messages and people never recieve them and theres always a time delay on the texts that i recieve, if i get them at all! There signal is poor anywhere i go and there customer service is a disgrace! all in all, there crap and ur not the only one having problems.

Bifta
31-12-2003, 10:59
I just unlocked my phone after conning singlepoint into giving me the unlock code for free, I was tempted to stick one of them 02 free sim cards in with the 300 free sms, thank christ I didn't ... god bless Orange! Reception absolutely everywhere.

bb31
31-12-2003, 12:24
Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them! :)

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about! :D

hhmmmmmm thats the prob........i dont know what im talking about, all i know is not getting tex's !!!!:dunce:

but still not recieved the said sim card even though i was promised it by post on tues, and o2 have now disconnected my old sim so i cannot get to make calls now!!

another phone call later, 0870 number (hanging on for ages!) to reactivate broken sim and when i finally receive the new one, it will be another call and and hang on and another wait to get new sim activated!!

oh i hate o2 :(

Captain Coder
29-03-2010, 08:41
I have software that links into the mobile phone to send a text message, over the last week have had calls that the text messages are not being sent, all the customers complaining are with O2. My other customers do not have a problem.

It must be something that has changed recently because some of my customers with the problem have been using the SIM for years.:td:

Use Vodaphone or Orange better coverage and service :)

LSainsbury
29-03-2010, 10:58
I know it's nearly Easter, so thanks for resurrecting a 7 year old thread!

BENKING
22-09-2010, 21:40
Ive been having problems with o2 for weeks now. Constantly receiving texts hours after they have been sent plus Ive been having trouble using their wap service for about a week now. I rang them and they gave me the usual bull of telling me to clean my sim card ( which did nothing ) and they checked my area for network problems and they couldnt find anything. I asked them to send me a new sim card as this is what they think the problem is. The very next day they then blocked my current sim card, which was very annoying as now my phone is completely useless and I wont receive my new sim for a few days yet! Why they had to do this I dont know, the last time I got a new sim I merely waited for the new sim to arrive and then cut my old one up! When I called customer services the guy on the phone said they had to block my sim for security reasons! What a load of bull! Ive had major problems all year with O2, I also had problems upgrading my phone with them 6 months back but thats another story! Ive been with O2 since 2003 and Ive never had a bad word to say about them until this year. Once my current phone goes nackered, I,ll be trying another network.

debbieobri
04-05-2012, 00:16
I am having problems to, I seem to be able to send texts but not receive them back, my friend lives in Portsmouth and he has o2 as well, so annoying:mad:

cookie_365
04-05-2012, 18:20
Well, it is still 2003 in Portsmouth .... ;)