PDA

View Full Version : Pace hard drive recorder(with Freeview)

aviewer
26-12-2003, 12:14
Can any of you folks out there tell me if i can connect the above product to my NTL(Pace)STB,and use it to record programmes from NTL's service.
Thanks...

paulyoung666
26-12-2003, 13:06
Can any of you folks out there tell me if i can connect the above product to my NTL(Pace)STB,and use it to record programmes from NTL's service.
Thanks...

depends on what connectors it has got i suppose , if it has got a scart input then i dont see why not , scart out of the digi box into the scart input on the recorder :tu:

poolking
26-12-2003, 13:34
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.pace.co.uk/paceproducts/product.asp?section=DT&product=197

asdf
26-12-2003, 14:25
I would doubt it as it's got a terrestrial digital reciever. I doubt you'd just be able to record from scart.

Looks nice, mind you.

poolking
26-12-2003, 15:03
I would doubt it as it's got a terrestrial digital reciever. I doubt you'd just be able to record from scart.

Looks nice, mind you.
I thought that is what freeview is? Or am I mistaken?

sonygeezer
26-12-2003, 16:44
Is it this one Here (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=55614&Trail=C$cip=8280>C$cip=8353&categoryId=8353)

Paul
26-12-2003, 17:15
Why to they always make these things with such pathetic disk drives sizes - 20GB !! - It should be at least 100GB these days.

paulyoung666
26-12-2003, 17:15

Looks nice, mind you.

it looks as though it has got pass thru for a normal aeriel , i wonder if the provision is there to record from analogue aerial ???????? , if it is then could you use that to record from a digibox ?????????? :shrug:

aviewer
26-12-2003, 18:00
Yes sonygeezer that's the one.

Is it this one Here (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=55614&Trail=C$cip=8280>C$cip=8353&categoryId=8353)

aviewer
26-12-2003, 18:15
Thanks for your answer,same to the rest who responded.
I was thinking the same re Scart's,i am sure that's how my Video is set up at the moment(can't check at the moment,at work)seen a photo of connections at rear of unit, has two Scarts.

depends on what connectors it has got i suppose , if it has got a scart input then i dont see why not , scart out of the digi box into the scart input on the recorder :tu:

asdf
27-12-2003, 02:23
I thought that is what freeview is? Or am I mistaken?

Sorry, I thought the original poster was asking whether you would be able to record programmes from ntl's own service onto the HDD.

Which I don't think you'll be able to do, only the channels you get via Freeview.

paulyoung666
27-12-2003, 12:08
guessing here but ........... , if the ntl box has an rf output then that could be plugged into the pace box ............ , if it can be plugged into the pace box could the pace box be tuned to the frequency that the ntl box outputs on ............. , same sort of thing as tuning your tv into the vcr output ............. , like i say i am only guessing , maybe i am right maybe i am wrong ............. , who knows :shrug:

aviewer
27-12-2003, 16:33
Yes asdf thats what i was trying to find out.
But owing to the increasing sound problems(see thread ) i think that the problem may be resolved by the fact that myself and NTL may part company in the New Year if they don't something major soon.

Sorry, I thought the original poster was asking whether you would be able to record programmes from ntl's own service onto the HDD.

Which I don't think you'll be able to do, only the channels you get via Freeview.

KenK
27-12-2003, 18:59
guessing here but ........... , if the ntl box has an rf output then that could be plugged into the pace box ............ , if it can be plugged into the pace box could the pace box be tuned to the frequency that the ntl box outputs on ............. , same sort of thing as tuning your tv into the vcr output ............. , like i say i am only guessing , maybe i am right maybe i am wrong ............. , who knows :shrug:
Also guessing ... the Pace box has Freeview decoders, so will it not be looking for the Freeview multiplex signals ... which the nl box doesn't provide, it only provides a single channel at a time ... :confused:

russellelly
27-12-2003, 22:46
Also guessing ... the Pace box has Freeview decoders, so will it not be looking for the Freeview multiplex signals ... which the nl box doesn't provide, it only provides a single channel at a time ... :confused:

The Pace Twin only records from its in-built freeview tuner and not external sources. At £200 though, I'd be ditching them! I got mine today and it's pretty good (never had ntl DTV anyway)

aviewer
28-12-2003, 18:34
Thanks russellelly,
for the advice,its shame that it will not record from external sources,as it does look pretty good.

The Pace Twin only records from its in-built freeview tuner and not external sources. At £200 though, I'd be ditching them! I got mine today and it's pretty good (never had ntl DTV anyway)