PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Imperial!

Jerrek
26-12-2003, 07:10
I want to dedicate this thread to a really awesome car my friend got for Christmas, the very Christmas after he turned 16 and got his driver's license. It wasn't actually a Cadillac, but rather a 1969 Chrysler Imperial.

Get this:

The car has a 440 cubic inch engine! That translates into 7.2 liters! It is a V8, and is currently outputting 375 horsepower. The car is 22 feet long, and about 6 feet wide. I can nearly lie down on the backseat. The trunk is so big I can park my econobox car in it. The car is in EXCELLENT condition and has about 70,000 miles. For the price (less than $2,000), it was a good deal. The paint is dark green. It has air conditioning and traction control, but no ABS. Its gas tank is about 90 liters (23 gallons) and is stashed behind the license plate. You sort of have to drop the license plate down to get to the gas tank.

What they (and I hope to help...) are gonna do is lower the car a couple of inches, paint the grill black, paint the car a dark, dark green, tweak the engine and install some new souped up parts, raising the horsepower to 550. 550 horses! The car already makes a racket when you turn it on, hearing the power of a 7.2L V8 engine.

Damn I'm so jealous. Imagine driving to school in that boat. You can probably fit 8 people in it (and another 8 bodies in the trunk).

Who wouldn't want such a car?! (don't ask how many gallons per mile it gets...)

http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/sedan_domestic/1969_Chrysler_Imperial.jpeg

Maggy
26-12-2003, 11:32
Thank goodness 16 year olds can't drive in this country legally.Bad enough they can at 17.The thought of my son driving scares the sh*t out of me.

Incog. :)

paulyoung666
26-12-2003, 11:52
Thank goodness 16 year olds can't drive in this country legally.Bad enough they can at 17.The thought of my son driving scares the sh*t out of me.

Incog. :)

i am with you here :( , scares the living daylights out of me :eek:

and to think he is going to have such a powerful car when he probably learnt to drive in little tiny small car :spin:
i still say that new drivers should have a time limit on them before they can drive anything too powerful :)

Julian
26-12-2003, 12:03
That car is just a monster. :eek:

Its gas tank is about 90 liters (23 gallons) and is stashed behind the license plate. You sort of have to drop the license plate down to get to the gas tank.

My 1966 Fod Corsair V4 used to have the fuel filler behind the number plate too. IIRC Vauxhall had a car where the filler was behind one of the rear reflectors. :)

Jerrek
30-12-2003, 05:31
Two days ago we had a lan party, and all six of us got into that car and drove into town to get some food at a fast food place. I told my friend to drive SLOWLY because we're pimpin' in STYLE. The looks we got... :D It is a wicked car!