PDA

View Full Version : getting hitched is bad for your health

kronas
25-12-2003, 00:41
having been up for 30+ hours im copy and pasting :p

Getting married may be bad for men's health but good for women, according to a study.
Researchers found that men who get hitched are more likely to suffer mental health problems than those who simply live with their partners.

The opposite is true for women - but they do best without any relationship.

The study, published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, suggests men who stay single are most likely to suffer from depression.

Researchers at Queen Mary, University of London questioned over 4,000 men and women under the age of 65 across Britain.

Reap rewards

They found that men and women whose first relationship lasts stand to reap the rewards later in life. They are least likely to suffer mental health problems.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the researchers found that the risk of problems increases if that relationship breaks up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3334145.stm

timewarrior2001
25-12-2003, 07:22

Getting married may be bad for men's health but good for women, according to a study.
Researchers found that men who get hitched are more likely to suffer mental health problems than those who simply live with their partners.

The opposite is true for women - but they do best without any relationship.

The study, published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, suggests men who stay single are most likely to suffer from depression.

Researchers at Queen Mary, University of London questioned over 4,000 men and women under the age of 65 across Britain.

Reap rewards

They found that men and women whose first relationship lasts stand to reap the rewards later in life. They are least likely to suffer mental health problems.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the researchers found that the risk of problems increases if that relationship breaks up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3334145.stm
Researchers eh?.......... full of **** more like. I cant beleive these people get paid to do this crap. Maybe they should spend their time researching ways to lessen pollution, provide affordable homes for the homeless or end poverty in the third world.
4000 men and women huh, nice cross section of the population there, It probably was 4000 men or women in London, perhaps if I was living in London and married and having to pay that much for a house I'd have mental health problems. It certainly wouldnt be because I was married.

Ramrod
25-12-2003, 08:38
Getting married enables men to live longer.....but this research seems to suggest that they go mad with it. I wonder why?:D

luftys
25-12-2003, 12:06

So that is y I am like this :disturbd: But you cant help loving them :naughty:

Julian
25-12-2003, 12:25
Women eh?

Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em. :D

Dave Stones
25-12-2003, 16:42
been up for 30+ hours

i have some night nurse if you want...

Bex
25-12-2003, 18:08
Women eh?

Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em. :D

OI what's what with women???

honestly though i understand....it's the same, cant live with them and can't live without them :cry: :p

Xaccers
25-12-2003, 18:12
OI what's what with women???

honestly though i understand....it's the same, cant live with them and can't live without them :cry: :p

Nah all women need is a rampant rabbit and a lifetime's supply of duracell :naughty:

Bex
25-12-2003, 18:19
Nah all women need is a rampant rabbit and a lifetime's supply of duracell :naughty:

ok who you been talking too? :naughty: :rofl:

Xaccers
25-12-2003, 18:21
ok who you been talking too? :naughty: :rofl:

Kink told me...

Bex
25-12-2003, 18:22
Kink told me...

hmmmmmm :spin:

she will die a slow and painful death :p :rofl: