PDA

View Full Version : this is sick absolutely sick

kronas
24-12-2003, 16:36
A baby girl has been found abandoned in a street in Liverpool.

The 5-day-old child was found at 0710 GMT in the Walton area of the city by a man on his way to work.

The man heard crying and at first thought it was a cat, but on closer inspection realised it was a baby girl.

She was lying in the street wrapped in a cot blanket.

He took her to a police station where officers called paramedics to check her over.

"She is a lovely little girl and we want to be able to reunite her with her parents"

Merseyside Police spokeswoman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/3345925.stm

if the parents are found they deserve to never have children ever again :( :mad: :grind: :2up:

Xaccers
24-12-2003, 16:47
This often happens.
People should be made more aware of the adoption/fostering process, and be given the help they require.
Here's some possible reasons behind what happened:
The mother could be single, young, suffering from severe post natal depression (the most severe cases can cause mother to kill child) with no one to support her, feeling that she can't offer anything to her child, and so gave it up hoping someone would find it and give it the care she feels she cannot.

kronas
24-12-2003, 16:51
Here's some possible reasons behind what happened:
The mother could be single, young, suffering from severe post natal depression (the most severe cases can cause mother to kill child) with no one to support her, feeling that she can't offer anything to her child, and so gave it up hoping someone would find it and give it the care she feels she cannot.

true but dumping it on to the street is never the best option.......

Paul K
24-12-2003, 17:02
Nope, Is a sick world we live in :(

Xaccers
24-12-2003, 17:02
true but dumping it on to the street is never the best option.......

Absolutly.
Any "sane" parent would never leave their child like that.
So we've got to assume the parent was suffering from something like post natal depression.

kronas
24-12-2003, 17:08
Absolutly.
Any "sane" parent would never leave their child like that.
So we've got to assume the parent was suffering from something like post natal depression.

but that is not always the case some are dumped purely due to the fact that 'it was not wanted' :(

Sociable
24-12-2003, 17:11
Sadly desperate people do desperate things and extreme desperation sadly often leads to extremely desperate acts.

It perhaps gives a clue as to just how bad a mother must have felt about herself that she would feel the pavement would be better for the baby than she could ever be.

My heart goes out to both mother and child as this is tragic symptom of a world where individuals can so often feel this isolated, unloved and desperate.

Xaccers
24-12-2003, 17:23
but that is not always the case some are dumped purely due to the fact that 'it was not wanted' :(

That's why I said "sane"
In my opinion, anyone who dumps a baby purely because it's not wanted is not a sane person.

Russ
24-12-2003, 17:27
Let's not forget that just after birth (and very often for weeks or even months after) a lot of new mothers go through incredible levels of stress which can affect their ability to think rationally. I'm not making excuses for the mother of that baby but there may well be things we don't know about.

aliferste
24-12-2003, 18:09
Let's not forget that just after birth (and very often for weeks or even months after) a lot of new mothers go through incredible levels of stress which can affect their ability to think rationally. I'm not making excuses for the mother of that baby but there may well be things we don't know about.

Exactly, I feel qite sorry for the Mother whereaver she is........she must have gone through some heavy stuff to make her want to give up her child.

ps same thing jsut happened in Glasgow.........it happens all the time though....the ONLY reason its in the papers is because its Christmas!

Sociable
24-12-2003, 18:39
ps same thing jsut happened in Glasgow.........it happens all the time though....the ONLY reason its in the papers is because its Christmas!

Sadly true and for so many what should be the happiest of times only serves as a reminder of how bad they feel themselves.

markmarkymark
24-12-2003, 18:50
As a recent father for the first time (Alex born 7 December) ...

I know things can be stressfuo etc ...
..but when I look at him in his cot, when he has a bath, when he feeds etc .... I can not understand how any human person for what ever reason does that ....

MArk

Xaccers
24-12-2003, 19:14

I know things can be stressfuo etc ...
..but when I look at him in his cot, when he has a bath, when he feeds etc .... I can not understand how any human person for what ever reason does that ....

MArk

Congratulations on being a father (you lucky git!)

But you aren't a mother, you don't have the hormones changing in your body at the moment, you're there for your partner whenever she feels down.
You're there to share the burden of changing nappies, and sleepless nights (oh how I wish I had them too!)

Paul
24-12-2003, 21:04
You're there to share the burden of changing nappies, and sleepless nights (oh how I wish I had them too!)
Ah, memories, memories :D

It is a bit harsh to condem the mother until the facts are known.

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 21:05

Congratulations! Kiss goodbye to life as you knew it! :D

Russ
24-12-2003, 21:07
Congratulations! Kiss goodbye to life as you knew it! :D

Fatherhood ROCKS!

kronas
24-12-2003, 21:08
Fatherhood ROCKS!

it will for now but a time will come trust me.................