PDA

View Full Version : my turkey defrosted ?

markmarkymark
24-12-2003, 13:46
Greetings ALl

Having a frozen turkey this year. Its already defrosted (earlier than I thought) ..

It should be alright in the fridge should it not ..? Putting it in oven about 7am Christmas Day ..

cheers and seasonal greetings all !

MArk

Bifta
24-12-2003, 13:54
Greetings ALl

Having a frozen turkey this year. Its already defrosted (earlier than I thought) ..

It should be alright in the fridge should it not ..? Putting it in oven about 7am Christmas Day ..

MArk

Should be fine, don't quote me on that if you contract salmonella though!

Shaun
24-12-2003, 13:55
Yer, it'll be fine, but make sure it goes on the bottom shelf and well away from another food, don't want you getting Salmonella or Campylobacter (spelling gaz?) on Christmas day!

Merry Christmas to you too ;)

paulyoung666
24-12-2003, 14:02
Greetings ALl

MArk

just make sure it is FULLY defrosted if it is a large bird , and when you cook it make sure it is cooked FULLY through , mind you if you keep people safe from radiation then a turkey should be no problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

homealone
24-12-2003, 15:35
Campylobacter (spelling gaz?)

spot on :tu: - as is the advice about placing it on the bottom shelf of the fridge:)

Another piece of advice I have seen is not to wash the turkey before cooking as you risk splashing any bacteria around the sink & surround - and wash your hands thoroughly after handling it:)

- enjoy! (we are having roast beef - not American!)

Gaz

paulyoung666
24-12-2003, 15:51
spot on :tu: - as is the advice about placing it on the bottom shelf of the fridge:)

Another piece of advice I have seen is not to wash the turkey before cooking as you risk splashing any bacteria around the sink & surround - and wash your hands thoroughly after handling it:)

- enjoy! (we are having roast beef - not American!)

Gaz

same here with a piece of pork to go with it :D

homealone
24-12-2003, 15:56
same here with a piece of pork to go with it :D

mmm sounds good - hope you don't break a tooth on the crackling.;)

I'm looking forward to beef dripping on toast for brekky on Boxing Day:)

luftys
24-12-2003, 15:58
Iam going to a friends for dinner with out the kids,but its not the same

paulyoung666
24-12-2003, 15:58
mmm sounds good - hope you don't break a tooth on the crackling.;)

I'm looking forward to beef dripping on toast for brekky on Boxing Day:)

no i wont , and the crackling is mine , i will tell everyone there wasnt any , they cant say owt as nobody witnessed me cooking it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shaun
24-12-2003, 17:42
(we are having roast beef - not American!)

Gaz

Were having Turkey tommorow and prok for boxing day.

YUMMY