PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Music choice on FM?

Tod
24-12-2003, 08:52
Just been looking for the music choice channels on my FM link and they have gone? Anyone know if this is a fault or have they been switched off?

Bill Payer
24-12-2003, 10:33
Not a fault,sorry. :shrug: They were switched off earlier this year.
If you sign up for Broadband Plus,several Music Choice stations are carried on that.

andygrif
24-12-2003, 10:43
Not a fault,sorry. :shrug: They were switched off earlier this year.
If you sign up for Broadband Plus,several Music Choice stations are carried on that.

Yep, what you used to get for free (and Sky customers still do, with the option of extra channels at a cost) you now have to pay for.

Seriously though, although I like the idea of streaming the music via the PC, I would prefer to be able to have it either on the FM or at least via the TV.

Have previously worked at Music Choice (quite a few years ago) I know what their product is, and it is superb. The system operating on Sky is very sophisticated, but it looks like NTL are not able to run such an interactive service right now which is a crying shame. Whilst it may not make megabucks in revenue for NTL it will make some and is a great selling point of the service for music lovers.

blenky
02-01-2004, 11:17
Just been looking for the music choice channels on my FM link and they have gone? Anyone know if this is a fault or have they been switched off?

I still get them OK in Hove.

Tod
09-01-2004, 09:40
Thats just rubbish really isn't it

altis
09-01-2004, 09:57
In January 2002, Sam B, over on .com, said that the MusicChoice channels were cut from the FM service.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/altisuk/fm/index.htm