PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO Poorly....

Salu
23-12-2003, 15:50
OK.

I'm feeling pretty rough today. Nasty cold just before Christmas and all that....

It got me wondering back to when I was the most poorly I've ever been. Especially after the "How tall are you thread" touched on this...

I was in Turkey and got food poisoning, once. It also happened to be on a day trip, on a coach was about 130 degrees and I had the worst temp/vomitting/diahorrea you could ever imagine. I was delirious as my temperature was off the thermometer. Apparently I was singing nursery rhymes and simultaneously farting.....then vomitting into a plastic carrier bag that my girlfriend had to keep asking the bus driver to stop so it could be emptied. My girlfriend disowned me after Humpty DUMPty. I dread to imagine what the smell was like for everyone....(Maybe you were ON that coach?)

Anyway, I am sure that others will have been worse.....or even nearly died...

Care to spill the beans? (Urgh, that's transported me back to Turkey)

Enterian
23-12-2003, 16:00
Hmmmm .......... Kidney stone - most excruciating pain I have ever experienced, had bouts of it for about two months as it "passed through the system".

You can't imagine how pleased I was to hear a 'clink' come from the urinal!

(Well you did ask! :) )

Salu
23-12-2003, 16:12
I bet.....

You can always tell when someone has a Kidney Stone. They are usually standing up but bent over at 90 degrees on a bed or table etc (like an upside down L) Groaning......

homealone
23-12-2003, 16:16
Hmmmm .......... Kidney stone - most excruciating pain I have ever experienced, had bouts of it for about two months as it "passed through the system".

You can't imagine how pleased I was to hear a 'clink' come from the urinal!

(Well you did ask! :) )

my brother suffers from recurring Kidney stones, once he drank loads of water to try & flush one through & it got stuck :eek: - he said the relief when he realised it had shifted & that his bladder wasn't going to burst was indescribable, but the sound when he did get rid was akin to shotblasting! :spin:

Gaz

virtual-angel
23-12-2003, 16:28
Well ive never been seriously ill but ive got childbirth to look forward to in 5 weeks so im guessing that will be my most painfull ever moment!!!

luftys
23-12-2003, 16:31
Sorry that you are ill Salu,hope you are better for christmas

i dont get that ill,cant rember the last time,but if I dont fill to good I take time off work,not because I am ill but because just fed up

Enterian
23-12-2003, 16:36
Well ive never been seriously ill but ive got childbirth to look forward to in 5 weeks so im guessing that will be my most painfull ever moment!!!
All the best for your happy (nappy?) event, my wife enjoyed it so much she's done it twice! Apparently the rewards outweigh the pain.

Sociable
23-12-2003, 16:46

I'm reliably informed its the one chance you ladies get to experience the pain us guys go through with kidney stones. :rofl:

Only kidding angel I wish you as painfree and pleasant a delivery as is possible and your baby a long and happy life full of all the joy and happiness I know you will bring each other as that is what will make any pain involved worth bearing.

Nemesis
23-12-2003, 16:50
Well I hope you are feeling better brfore the Day :D :wavey:

OK.

I'm feeling pretty rough today. Nasty cold just before Christmas and all that....

It got me wondering back to when I was the most poorly I've ever been. Especially after the "How tall are you thread" touched on this...

I was in Turkey and got food poisoning, once. It also happened to be on a day trip, on a coach was about 130 degrees and I had the worst temp/vomitting/diahorrea you could ever imagine. I was delirious as my temperature was off the thermometer. Apparently I was singing nursery rhymes and simultaneously farting.....then vomitting into a plastic carrier bag that my girlfriend had to keep asking the bus driver to stop so it could be emptied. My girlfriend disowned me after Humpty DUMPty. I dread to imagine what the smell was like for everyone....(Maybe you were ON that coach?)

Anyway, I am sure that others will have been worse.....or even nearly died...

Care to spill the beans? (Urgh, that's transported me back to Turkey)

Nemesis
23-12-2003, 16:51
I hope you're going to keep us informed as to how it goes :D

Andy E
23-12-2003, 17:02
Sept 11th 2001....using a table saw...timber i was feeding through kicked back..lost 2 fingers and severed nerves to right hand......:)

Wasnt sore at the time, in fact I managed to drive to hospital....complete with 1 severed digit (couldnt find other 1), in a bag of frozen peas.....but oooowwww it was sore 12 hours later.....got one of those morphine bags with the red button for emergancy pain relief. :D ...they rock.... want one for xmas...pls

Andy E
NTL pirate

Chris
23-12-2003, 17:10
I got encephalitis as a complication of chicken pox when I was 10. It's like meningitis except it's your brain that swells rather than the membrane surrounding it. I lost most of my motor skills, was dizzy all the time, very sick and couldn't move my mouth properly to talk. I was in hospital twice (in isolation first time round, as it's so rare they didn't know what to do with me, or if it was contagious) and off school for a month.

It is often fatal and those who survive are frequently brain-damaged, but I made a 100% recovery. I didn't reailse how serious it had been for another 10 years or so ...

Nemesis
23-12-2003, 17:10
Ewwwwww Owwwwwww Yeuccccchhhhh :sick:

Sept 11th 2001....using a table saw...timber i was feeding through kicked back..lost 2 fingers and severed nerves to right hand......:)

Wasnt sore at the time, in fact I managed to drive to hospital....complete with 1 severed digit (couldnt find other 1), in a bag of frozen peas.....but oooowwww it was sore 12 hours later.....got one of those morphine bags with the red button for emergancy pain relief. :D ...they rock.... want one for xmas...pls

Andy E
NTL pirate

Bex
23-12-2003, 19:36
worst illness i ever had was glandular fever..i had the actual illness for 3months but then i got post viral fatigue afterwards.... the GF meant that walking to one side of the room made me completely knackered, my glands were swollen up and i couldn't swallow properly, i couldn't eat either....and i had a headache constantly for 3months and all i wanted to do was sleep...... the psot viral fatigue was just as bad....i got knackered just walking to the bathroom........ had to have 6months off work and had a few months off uni....

the problem with GF is apparently it stays in your body for like 3years or something, and now if i get over tired or run down, all my glands swell up again :cry:

Maggy
23-12-2003, 19:53
Happy to report that apart from one bad bout of a really evil chest infection(felt like I had a broken rib)I've done really well even when having two babies.I have been remarkably heathly considering I'm so unfit. :)

Incog. :rudo:

ic14
23-12-2003, 20:36
Worst illness for me.
It would have to be easter time 2002....
I was ill for a few weeks with headaches and just fealing down. After having my temparture checked at the doctors i was rushed to hospital.
It turns out i had Menningitis (sp?)
I had to spend all easter in hospital feeling extremmly sick. I then had to be off school for a month or 2 as well.

Thinking back i relise that only my mum thought i was ill. My dad and Grandad thought i was faking it.

:(

Bex
23-12-2003, 21:50
Worst illness for me.
It would have to be easter time 2002....
I was ill for a few weeks with headaches and just fealing down. After having my temparture checked at the doctors i was rushed to hospital.
It turns out i had Menningitis (sp?)
I had to spend all easter in hospital feeling extremmly sick. I then had to be off school for a month or 2 as well.

Thinking back i relise that only my mum thought i was ill. My dad and Grandad thought i was faking it.

:(

:ghugs: not nice...

my nephew had meningitis when he was about 2...was awful seeing him lying there with tubes all over him :cry: :cry:

luftys
23-12-2003, 21:57
Hope it goes ok for you
I have had 3 kids and never felt a thing :scratch: not even during the conception :Yikes:

ic14
23-12-2003, 22:09

my nephew had meningitis when he was about 2...was awful seeing him lying there with tubes all over him :cry: :cry:
:ghugs: to you too bexy.

Hope your nephews ok now.

Bex
23-12-2003, 22:11
Hope it goes ok for you
I have had 3 kids and never felt a thing :scratch: not even during the conception :Yikes:

mr lufty be quiet

to you too bexy.

Hope your nephews ok now.
thanks for the hug and concern...ask me again in a few weeks

Shaun
23-12-2003, 22:19
I got third degree burns when my house burnt down when I was 12 (over 40% of my body). Luckily the only scar I have left is on the back of my left arm above my elbow. Very painful at the time.

While were on about pain relief, my preferred choice is Pethidine (sp??) ;)

luftys
23-12-2003, 22:30
mr lufty be quiet

Ok bex :waving: I have been told not to mess with the BEX

Bex
23-12-2003, 22:32
Ok bex :waving: I have been told not to mess with the BEX

yes you have been warned by me and others to be nice to me, otherwise you in big troub :p

luftys
24-12-2003, 14:24
yes you have been warned by me and others to be nice to me, otherwise you in big troub :p
and I always do wat i am told :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bex
24-12-2003, 18:20
and I always do wat i am told :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you have no choice really :p