PDA

View Full Version : The Death Clock

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 13:35
I know this (http://www.deathclock.com/) has been around for a few years but some of you might not have seen it yet. In the interests of pre-empting too much over-indulgence this christmas I thought I would post the link. Enjoy! ;) :D

(Tuesday, 23rd July, 2041)

Nemesis
23-12-2003, 13:42
I know this (http://www.deathclock.com/) has been around for a few years but some of you might not have seen it yet. In the interests of pre-empting too much over-indulgence this christmas I thought I would post the link. Enjoy! ;) :D

Monday, December 28, 2043

Yay :D

luftys
23-12-2003, 13:46

I have 656days left

gary_580
23-12-2003, 13:49
Wow, im going to be optimistic, i live an extra 15 years then!!!

MadGamer
23-12-2003, 13:50
Is this scary? i ask this because there was a thread similar to this entitled "When will you die?" I had the volume turned up full and it scare the f*****g S**t out of me.

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 13:50
I have 656days left
eek! I would really take it easy this Christmas. How old are you?
Still, if you have good genetics you could live a lot longer. Theres lots of variables that havent been included!

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 13:51
Is this scary? i ask this because there was a thread similar to this entitled "When will you die?" I had the volume turned up full and it scare the f*****g S**t out of me.
It's only scary if you are luftys. :(

basa
23-12-2003, 13:57
29/10/2016 (at age 68) !! :eek:

Seems odd as both my mother and father who are both long term smokers and eat fatty food are still alive and active at 90 and 92 years old respectively !!!! :confused:

luftys
23-12-2003, 14:00
It's only scary if you are luftys. :(
But dont you have to be alive first

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 14:01
29/10/2016 (at age 68) !! :eek:

Seems odd as both my mother and father who are both long term smokers and eat fatty food are still alive and active at 90 and 92 years old respectively !!!! :confused:
Like I said...genetics not taken into account. Wich means I'm going to die way before 2041! :shrug:

basa
23-12-2003, 14:20
Like I said...genetics not taken into account. Wich means I'm going to die way before 2041! :shrug:

:D I've got some good genes floating around in there somewhere I hope, plus I cycle daily (mind you looking at the 'Miltant cyclists' thread that might contribute to an early demise !! :eek: ) and I've got a BMI of 23 :D ..so cya in '41 !!

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 15:07
But dont you have to be alive firstAre you saying you are one of the undead? :confused:

dilli-theclaw
23-12-2003, 15:14
Looks like September 29th 2026 is going to be a really bad day for me :(

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 15:17
Looks like September 29th 2026 is going to be a really bad day for me :(
Scary isn't it? Do something about it. Start living a healthier life NOW! :D

dilli-theclaw
23-12-2003, 15:19
Scary isn't it? Do something about it. Start living a healthier life NOW! :D

:) wonder how many years i should knock off for being diabetic and having really high blood pressure :)

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 15:53
:) wonder how many years i should knock off for being diabetic and having really high blood pressure :)Try taking a good zink and selinium suppliment....and you are doing everything you can for the diabetes in terms of diet?

Nikko
23-12-2003, 16:01
Don't believe everything you see on the net - according to that site I have been dead 14 years already!

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 16:08
Don't believe everything you see on the net - according to that site I have been dead 14 years already!
:rofl:

But it was only 2 years out on my fathers date!

Nikko
23-12-2003, 16:20
:rofl:

But it was only 2 years out on my fathers date!

Sorry 'bout your Pa, but the day it 'predicted' for me in November 1989 was memorable - I was on holiday in Florida at the time clebrating the (now) ex's Birthday in some style.

Perhaps I should cut down, lol

Paul
23-12-2003, 16:26
Wednesday, October 23, 2052

Looks like I'm going to get a few years out of my pension :D

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 17:12
the day it 'predicted' for me in November 1989 Wow! Thats good going! Living on borrowed time eh? Or is your real name Dorian Gray? :D

Chimaera
23-12-2003, 17:37
Saturday, December 19, 2037

Yep - I can cope with that - and it means I'll live long enough to be a nuisance to my kids! :D

testcard
23-12-2003, 17:39
19th June 2035, three days after ntl resolving their proxies, it will shock then.

dieselking
23-12-2003, 17:43
Friday April 24 2054

Maggy
23-12-2003, 18:42
I've got another 24 years.

I've already lived longer than my father who died at 46 and my mother died at 58.However both of them were heavy smokers most of their lives.Never having smoked I think I'm in with a chance. :)

Incog.

Bex
23-12-2003, 18:49
I have 656days left

that's not good :cry: .......maybe you should sort out life insurance ;):p

my date was monday 24th feb, 2081......that would make me nearly 100 :eeek:

Steve H
23-12-2003, 18:49
Thursday, August 2, 2074 will do me fine :D

Maggy
23-12-2003, 18:57
Just hope that I die well.;)

http://www.nth-dimension.co.uk/vl/poem.asp?id=521

Incog.

Tricky
23-12-2003, 19:07
Monday, December 7, 2043
Wonder if that's legally binding?
Time of day would have been nice - What if I get up that day? What a waste of time that would be!!! :spin:

Another statistic for the government - Tricky dies in winter when kiddies are supposed to look after the old geezers.

iadom
23-12-2003, 19:15
eek! I would really take it easy this Christmas. How old are you?
Still, if you have good genetics you could live a lot longer. Theres lots of variables that havent been included!Never mind genetics, does it take account of the fact that most women are mendacious when it comes to giving their age and weight. :D

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 19:53
Never mind genetics, does it take account of the fact that most women are mendacious when it comes to giving their age and weight. :D
....that explains how Bexy managed to come up with that death date! :D

Bex
23-12-2003, 20:48
....that explains how Bexy managed to come up with that death date! :D

:bigcry: what you trying to say that i am a fat old hag really? :cry:

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 20:54
Heavens forbid! Never! :D

Bex
23-12-2003, 21:05
Heavens forbid! Never! :D

hmmmm not sure whether i believe you....i didn't lie :cry:

kink
23-12-2003, 22:38
Let me see.... when i chose 'Sadistic' it said i died last year on the 4th of July.... didn't like that one :shrug: ...... so opted for 'Pessimistic' and.....

YAYY!! I get to die on....... Friday, May 1, 2015 Download Failed (1)

Will have to check my diary and see if i'm busy..... well, it will be the bank holiday weekend :rolleyes:

Paul K
23-12-2003, 22:48
Monday, August 12, 2024 but I'm open to earlier offers LOL Goddamit a monday? I hate mondays :shrug:

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 22:49
Let me see.... when i chose 'Sadistic' it said i died last year on the 4th of July.... didn't like that one :shrug: ...... so opted for 'Pessimistic' and.....

YAYY!! I get to die on....... Friday, May 1, 2015 Download Failed (1)

:Thats what smoking does for you..... :angel:

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 22:51
hmmmm not sure whether i believe you....i didn't lie :cry:So what did you put....your 18 yrs old and pessimistic? :D

Stuart
23-12-2003, 23:04
Ermm, I am due to die onWednesday, March 7, 2007. Not sure I like that...

Ramrod
23-12-2003, 23:50
Ermm, I am due to die onWednesday, March 7, 2007. Not sure I like that...Did someone say: 'change your lifestyle?' :angel: :) :devsmoke:

Nikko
24-12-2003, 00:01
Did someone say: 'change your lifestyle?' :angel: :) :devsmoke:

Regrettably I am already dead - I suspect it was the mad running around in the 70's/80's which did it.

Luckily since then I have done my own thing, and despite the demise of several GP's and a few friends, things were fine until I realised I too, am dead.

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 00:06
Regrettably I am already dead .
Have you been pickled?....it's just that your avatar seems to imply..... :D

Nikko
24-12-2003, 00:10
Have you been pickled?....it's just that your avatar seems to imply..... :D

Its entirely possible - sorry about the avatar, regardless of settings it always runs slow :smokin:

abailey152
24-12-2003, 02:45
Monday, January 18, 2038

That'll make me 70......

Hey! At least I don't have to worry about my pension too much :D

Maggy
24-12-2003, 08:27

No I think he meant me.
I'm 51,5.7 and over 19 stone so I reckon I fit the bill nicely.However I'd like to see him call me a fat old hag. :PP:

However I AM NOT a liar so I still got 24 years mainly because i'm not a fag wielding fat old hag. :)

See bexy it's only words.

Incog :wavey:

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 08:50
I'm 51,5.7 and over 19 stone so I reckon I fit the bill nicely.However I'd like to see him call me a fat old hag. :PP:

You think I'm:disturbd: ?
:D

kink
24-12-2003, 11:32
Thats what smoking does for you..... :angel:

Yes... wonderous words of wisdom from you as usual....

Smoking = Bad

Yes.....

Cuts years off my life?

Yes.....

Bad?

Not sure yet, but might let you know....

Does reading about my possible death date in a few years generated by an internet program worry me?

No

It originally told me i died on the 4th July last year....

Damn.... and to think i missed it.... i must have been out at the time :shrug:
Or..... out smoking and drinking heavily with friends and too busy to notice Mr G. Reaper knocking at my door..... well, i was out :erm:

If it had told me that i would die on the 8th February in 40 years time.... would i be happier?

No..... i'd be really peed off.... i have other plans....

As a native american said in a hollywood film once..... Today is a good day to die....

I say.... live each day as if it's your last and try not to regret anything you've done.... then you'll be ready.

I'm ready :)

Did someone say: 'change your lifestyle?' :angel: :) :devsmoke:

Not said to me.... but... i like butting in :naughty:...
I like my lifestyle..... mostly.... and if it kills me..... excellent!! at least i enjoyed it while it lasted..... :D

Regrettably I am already dead .......

.....[Snippity snipped]

Not so bad is it? Don't say regrettably :( Just think...... all the bad and naughty things you do now can continue without you feeling guilty..... no come backs.... no St Peter at the Pearly gates saying Other door for you mate.....

Cool :D

Nikko
24-12-2003, 15:35
Not so bad is it? Don't say regrettably :( Just think...... all the bad and naughty things you do now can continue without you feeling guilty..... no come backs.... no St Peter at the Pearly gates saying Other door for you mate.....

Cool :D

I like your logic - come on over............. :naughty:

kink
24-12-2003, 19:23
I like your logic - come on over............. :naughty:

Mmmmm.... wouldn't that be necrophilia? :eek:
Sorry Nikko.... that's at one kink too far for me :rofl:

Nikko
24-12-2003, 19:41
Mmmmm.... wouldn't that be necrophilia? :eek:
Sorry Nikko.... that's at one kink too far for me :rofl:

Lol - well no-one can say you are dead boring, anyway :eek:

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 20:01
Yes... wonderous words of wisdom from you as usual....

Smoking = Bad

Yes.....

Cuts years off my life?

Yes.....

Bad?

Not sure yet, but might let you know....

Does reading about my possible death date in a few years generated by an internet program worry me?

No

It originally told me i died on the 4th July last year....

Damn.... and to think i missed it.... i must have been out at the time :shrug:
Or..... out smoking and drinking heavily with friends and too busy to notice Mr G. Reaper knocking at my door..... well, i was out :erm:

If it had told me that i would die on the 8th February in 40 years time.... would i be happier?

No..... i'd be really peed off.... i have other plans....

As a native american said in a hollywood film once..... Today is a good day to die....

I say.... live each day as if it's your last and try not to regret anything you've done.... then you'll be ready.

I'm ready :)

Not said to me.... but... i like butting in :naughty:...
I like my lifestyle..... mostly.... and if it kills me..... excellent!! at least i enjoyed it while it lasted..... :D
:D
Hi kink, bit touchy atm are you? :D

Maggy
24-12-2003, 20:13
Hi kink, bit touchy atm are you? :D

No more than usual I suspect.Anyway I could be touchy myself but I'm working hard not to be.It's a stressful time of year after all. ;)

Incog.:D

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 20:38
btw.....this hurt... wonderous words of wisdom from you as usual....

:(

kink
24-12-2003, 22:58
btw.....this hurt :(

Your words usually are full of wisdom ramrod... well to me anyway, if not to graham :naughty:...... but they were tinged with a little smugness and it got my fingers typing a little too quickly for my brain to keep up..... and therefore not allowing for any possible intended humour :shrug:

No real insult was intended... well not a personal one anyway.... but your comments were such, even in jest, that they made me lose the ability to joke about people dying and being unwell... even if it was due to their own choice of lifestyle :(

While the Clock has some credibility.... in a very general sort of way ;)...... there are people here that have have suffered recent personal losses or imminent ones.... and lets face it..... one's lifestyle does impact on one's health but there are those whose lives are lost or weakened through incredible bad luck :(
I would have expected the Clock to be in the humour section... given that it's reliability is tenable at best.... and is too basic a indicator of life expectancy to be anything more than a joke :shrug:

Bad rep me for not having a sense of humour.... but i did say it all with my tongue firmly in my cheek.... ok so i was waving my fist at the time ;)
I am a woman... but i CAN do two things at the same time :D
Sometimes :spin:

No offence intended ramrod..... and i ask for your forgiveness if i stepped on your ego :(

I should have removed my heels at least :p

:sorry:

Ramrod
24-12-2003, 23:37
but they were tinged with a little smugness No smugness intended. I just wanted to make people think before overindulging this christmas. My father died one year ago, partly from overindulging through his life (adult onset diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart disease, stroke).there are people here that have have suffered recent personal losses Yup, me for one.and is too basic a indicator of life expectancy to be anything more than a joke :shrug: I put it in lifestyle deliberatly. It wasn't a joke. :shrug:

No offence intended ramrod..... and i ask for your forgiveness if i stepped on your ego :(

I should have removed my heels at least :p

:sorry:np :)