PDA

View Full Version : Sky 1 problems?

albone
30-06-2003, 14:54
Has anyone else noticed that for a couple of days now Sky 1 has had what can only be described as the jitter's? Most annoying when trying to watch a film, when the sound glitches and the picture stutters.

Jamie
30-06-2003, 14:55
NTL will probably blame this problem on the feed they receive from Sky - Sky will probably blame NTL.

Does anyone from NTL want to comment ?.

Is it just Sky 1 you have a problem with albone ?.

Tristan
30-06-2003, 15:00
Anyone with Sky Digital can check the state of the incoming signal to NTL. The cable feed of Sky One doesn't appear on the Sky EPG, but can be picked up on a digibox using the 'add channels' facility.

Jamie
30-06-2003, 15:19
Good information Tristan - so who has Sky Digital and is willing to check the signal for us :)

hobbie
30-06-2003, 15:48
I had this on one of the movie channels whilst watching Dr Dolittle 2 downstairs.
Yet my 2nd stb upstairs played the film perfectly.

albone
30-06-2003, 16:23
It was only that channel that we had problems with. But my daughter says it's ok now, so maybe it was just a glitch.:confused:

paulyoung666
30-06-2003, 16:29
Originally posted by Jamie
Good information Tristan - so who has Sky Digital and is willing to check the signal for us :)

me if someone gives me the freq ;)

Proppinupthebar
30-06-2003, 17:39
Originally posted by Jamie
NTL will probably blame this problem on the feed they receive from Sky - Sky will probably blame NTL.

Typical sort of comment which is making people like Grum leave. Comments after someone has cocked up/talked rubbish are fine, but here you have no grounds.

There was a problem over the last two days which did cause some periods of glitching on the Langley platform. Some kit has been kicked and told to buck up its ideas.

The ntl feed of Sky One comes via a fibre feed from Sky. The sat feed you can watch does not tell you if there is a problem with the feed to ntl.

albone
30-06-2003, 18:39
Thanks Proppinupthebar, thats useful info. as I have said it does seem to be rectified but I noticed someone else has a simular thread from the region of london I am not sure I can do it but I will point him in this direction as it may well answer his query too.:wavey:

Proppinupthebar
30-06-2003, 18:43
London isn't fed from Langley, so I cant comment on that.

It wasn't me ;)

poolking
01-07-2003, 09:07
Originally posted by Proppinupthebar
Typical sort of comment which is making people like Grum leave. Comments after someone has cocked up/talked rubbish are fine, but here you have no grounds.

Not defending the mods here, but Jamie did say probably, so he hasn't said who's cocked up.

So just chill out and stop jumping down people's throats.

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 15:45
Originally posted by poolking
Not defending the mods here, but Jamie did say probably, so he hasn't said who's cocked up.

So just chill out and stop jumping down people's throats.

I don't think I jumped down anyones throat! I just voiced my opinion on an unnecessary comment made by a MOD.
:rolleyes:

Who died and left you in charge ? :shrug:

Tristan
01-07-2003, 15:53
'fraid I have to agree with Proppin'. I'm not saying NTL are blameless, or that the sun shines out of their collective behinds, but I think we do need some fairness and objectiveness round here. The moderators should take a lead on this.

Sometimes if genuinely isn't NTL's fault.

poolking
01-07-2003, 17:36
So you misinterpret someone's comment which may seem innocent? Thats the big drawback to forums, you cannot see someones facial expression when they post something.

The best thing in some circumstances is not reply to someone's comment and situations like this won't arise. :D

Maybe we need a tongue in cheek smilie. :)

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 20:17
So you misinterpret someone's comment which may seem innocent? Thats the big drawback to forums, you cannot see someones facial expression when they post something.

The best thing in some circumstances is not reply to someone's comment and situations like this won't arise. :D

Maybe we need a tongue in cheek smilie. :)

Agreed, don't reply to anything else I post and there will be no further situations.

:p

poolking
01-07-2003, 20:32
Agreed, don't reply to anything else I post and there will be no further situations.

:p

So you didn't really want me to reply to this then did you. ;)

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 20:44
So you didn't really want me to reply to this then did you. ;)

Yes. I'm playing with your mind.

;)

poolking
01-07-2003, 21:09
Yes. I'm playing with your mind.

;)

Hmm, not working, I'm still replying. :D

Shall we get back on topic? :D

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 21:23
Hmm, not working, I'm still replying. :D

Shall we get back on topic? :D

There wasn't much of a mind to play with. :D

Why get back on topic? I told you what the problem was and its been fixed. :angel:

poolking
01-07-2003, 21:32
There wasn't much of a mind to play with. :D

Why get back on topic? I told you what the problem was and its been fixed. :angel:

So do you think some closure to this thread is required?

I think so. ;)

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 21:40
No, lets hijack the thread and see just how far we can go off topic.

What opinion do you have on Geraniums ?

poolking
01-07-2003, 21:57
No, lets hijack the thread and see just how far we can go off topic.

What opinion do you have on Geraniums ?

Just a bunch of flowers to me. :D

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 22:00
Thats what they want you to think, but in fact they are evil !
They are planning on taking over your garden, don't turn your back on them for a second.

What about Giraffe's ?

poolking
01-07-2003, 22:07
Thats what they want you to think, but in fact they are evil !
They are planning on taking over your garden, don't turn your back on them for a second.

What about Giraffe's ?

Tall gangly creatures, look harmless, but then looks can be decieving.

Proppinupthebar
01-07-2003, 22:28
Sorry couldn't reply, I was being held against my will by some geraniums. I've escaped now, but they're after me.

Where's the mods ?

Have the geraniums got them to ?