PDA

View Full Version : How much have you spent this christmas?

Mick
22-12-2003, 11:23
:rudo: Statistics show that the average family spends between £500 - £700 on christmas. I thought it was abit more than this? :rudo:

:rudo: Whats the most expensive item you have bought? :rudo:

Sales have come two weeks early to some stores as they have noticed a low turn out of xmas shoppers. Are we spending less?

Pritch
22-12-2003, 11:29
As far as I'm concerned, it's not how much you spend on a gift as the thought behind it.

You'd be amazed what you can get for £15.

Mick
22-12-2003, 11:38
As far as I'm concerned, it's not how much you spend on a gift as the thought behind it.

You'd be amazed what you can get for £15.

I know exactly what you mean and for a few tenners more you can get a DVD player. :eek:

kink
22-12-2003, 11:51
I've only bought one xmas present this year..... it cost £4.99.. .. and only found it by accident but it seemed so appropriate that it had to be bought. He seemed to appreciate it and i think the thought behind it meant as much to him as it did to me.

This is my cheapest xmas by far since i can usually spend up to £500 for one person and live with the consequences afterwards :erm:
I like giving, what can i say :shrug:

Looks like this year i'll have to find other ways of sharing my good will and hope that my friends and family accept my love unwrapped and bare.... since it's all i have to give :)

luftys
22-12-2003, 11:56
I will spend between £250 to £500 :cry:
Just got payed for Dec so 7weeks till next pay day,good job I have sent the kids out to work

Salu
22-12-2003, 12:01
Looks like this year i'll have to find other ways of sharing my good will and hope that my friends and family accept my love unwrapped and bare.... since it's all i have to give

Being unwrapped and bare is a cheap but pretty generous Christmas present. I'm sure your friends will be delighted.....

luftys
22-12-2003, 12:03
I've only my love unwrapped and bare.... :)
Wow kink, sounds like my kind of present :naughty: :naughty:

dieselking
22-12-2003, 12:04
Probably around 200 pounds (my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign I have just discovered) :)

Ramrod
22-12-2003, 12:13
About £60 on family. We don't go in for big pressies.

Paul K
22-12-2003, 12:34
Probably around 200 pounds (my keyboard doesn't have a pound sign I have just discovered) :)
Is it not above the 2? If not check you have the right language selected for your keyboard.

Looks like this year i'll have to find other ways of sharing my good will and hope that my friends and family accept my love unwrapped and bare.... since it's all i have to give
I'm sure they will understand, its the gifts that come from the heart that count anyway :rudo:
Since the question was aked though, Xmas normally costs in excess of £500 here. Lots of nephews and nieces to buy for :shrug:

basa
22-12-2003, 12:50
Is it not above the 2? If not check you have the right language selected for your keyboard.

Hmmm ?? ........ it's above the "3" on my keyboard.

Check you don't have a cheap 'seconds' keyboard !!! :p :p

Paul K
22-12-2003, 12:52
Nope just too busy typing in too many windows LOL
above the 3 it is;)

kink
22-12-2003, 13:13
Being unwrapped and bare is a cheap but pretty generous Christmas present. I'm sure your friends will be delighted.....

OI!! who said it would be cheap? :grind:
Just thought i'd wait to send the invoices as a New Year surprise :p ;)

Wow kink, sounds like my kind of present :naughty: :naughty:

And this was one of the ONLY times i was trying to be kinkless and post seriously.... looks like there's really no point :shrug:

Back to the smut then...... :rofl:

And by the way..... Dr P.... my lovely Dr P..... the man of my dreams..... my Prince Charming...... *hic*.... your only option in the poll that is remotely close to what i'm doing is the 'spend as little as possible' which makes people like me sound like they're being selfish or don't want to spend money on their loved ones :shrug: :cry:
This is not the case.... we're not celebrating xmas and not for financial, religious or scroogy reasons.... but you've only given us a choice of spending or spending as little as possible....
How about a more culturally sensitive choice and one that also covers people like me that are not giving in the conventional xmas sense of the word? Like 'Not celebrating Xmas'?

:)

dieselking
22-12-2003, 13:16

I'm sure they will understand, its the gifts that come from the heart that count anyway :rudo:
Since the question was aked though, Xmas normally costs in excess of £500 here. Lots of nephews and nieces to buy for :shrug:

Cheers Paul but it's an american keyboard (even though I did buy it in the UK) I probably can change it, I just never gotton round to it yet. :)

Paul
22-12-2003, 13:51
Hmm, three kids, a wife, more Nephews and Neices than I can remember = well over £500. :)

Dave Stones
22-12-2003, 14:01
ive spent £60... £55 of that was on one person :erm:

Mick
22-12-2003, 14:10
And by the way..... Dr P.... my lovely Dr P..... the man of my dreams.....

:)

I've added the 'Absolute Zero' to the poll and changed your vote to this. :)

Bex
22-12-2003, 18:52
i have spent just over one hundred squid..... which isn't too bad...and the person i spent the most on this year is my daddy (owed him a birthday pressie, considering i saved all my money and nicked more of his and headed off to manc to meet you lot) and i am not saying what i bought cos he can generally be found lurking round this site..dont want to spoil the surprise :p

DrAwesome
22-12-2003, 19:00
I hit the £1,000 mark days ago

and for anything else theres ...... ....

guess it was always going to be a plastic Xmas

Bex
22-12-2003, 19:03
I hit the £1,000 mark days ago

and for anything else theres ...... ....

guess it was always going to be a plastic Xmas

one thousand pounds :eeek: blimming nora, that is a LOT to spend on xmas.....what did you buy?

Stuart
22-12-2003, 22:11
Looks like this year i'll have to find other ways of sharing my good will and hope that my friends and family accept my love unwrapped and bare.... since it's all i have to give :):drool:
:):D

I'm between £250 and £500... Skint to prove it as well..

luftys
22-12-2003, 23:10
:drool:
:):D

I'm between £250 and £500... Skint to prove it as well..
Glad that I am not the only one who is skint