View Full Version : Christmas Car parking

peachey
22-12-2003, 10:08
went into Cardiff centre yesterday
Bridge Street car park

stayed just over three hours
£6.10 :-(

Is it just me saying bah humbug etc
or do they whack the charges up at this time of year?

also - why do I always get the person in front of me
both at the ticket machine and at the barrier to exit
who "doesn't know how to work the ticket or barrier machine"

ends up having to open the door of his/her car as they have not got near enough to the machine etc - or the 'bloke in the left hand drive car'

gary_580
22-12-2003, 10:38
also - why do I always get the person in front of me
both at the ticket machine and at the barrier to exit
who "doesn't know how to work the ticket or barrier machine"

Where i live you have to take your ticket with you when you go shopping and on the way out of the shopping centre to the car you put your ticket in the machine and pay. I cant believe how many people there are that put their ticket in the machine who are then supprised that they need cash to pay and spend 5 mins fumbiling around for money.

TigaSefi
22-12-2003, 10:48
Christmas Car parking is a big no no where I am, it like gridlock'd from 8am to 9pm. I just get the bus and buy everyone tiny presents :D. I did most of my shopping online. Nice and convienent and special recommendation go to www.virginmega.co.uk, excellent service and delivery times.

peachey
22-12-2003, 10:49
Where i live you have to take your ticket with you when you go shopping and on the way out of the shopping centre to the car you put your ticket in the machine and pay. I cant believe how many people there are that put their ticket in the machine who are then supprised that they need cash to pay and spend 5 mins fumbiling around for money.

I know - there was a huge queue behind this couple at the machine yesterday

they, too, seemed genuinely suprised that the machine was asking for money
and were sort of quibbling over what amount it was asking them for

ie - it was asking for £12.20 - and they were sort of disputing it with an inanimate machine and making remarks to the small crowd behind them to try and get the crowd on their side against the machine in a strange sort of way - or so it seemed to me

luftys
22-12-2003, 12:13
Well you are in Wales,Peachey(he says sheepish) :disturbd:

CaKe
22-12-2003, 12:59
I read in the local paper at the weekend that they've put up the cost of car parking in the NCP at the Cascades in Portsmouth - it's always been more expensive than Southampton but now it's 40p for 15 minutes, up to a maximum of £8.80 :eek:

One way of getting people to use public transport I guess :rolleyes: Can't see parking in Gosport being free for too much longer once people cotton on that it's cheaper to park here and get the ferry across :(

zoombini
22-12-2003, 13:36
Drive to a nearby area, park on a sidestreet & take the bus into town.

Much less hassle & far cheaper, you cna also often get out of town quicker.

Marge
22-12-2003, 13:41
I've just come back from battling my way round the town centre, parking is 60p for an hour, thing is if I wasn't such a lazy arse I could walk into town :blush: