PDA

View Full Version : Online Billing NTL Freedom Dialup

st-clares
22-12-2003, 11:08
I have a dialup account through BT.

For the last month I have been unable to access "Online Billing". A message comes up "Unavailable Try Later". But later never comes?????????????????

Has any one else had this problem.

The problem also seems to occur near the end of each billing period. It is as if they do not want you to know the cost of calls, in the hope you will exceed the £15.00 min. charge. My monthly calls average £10-£12 but are occasionally higher. Is this common or am I just being neurotic. I think not, I have been trying to get a new phone dialup box for the last 3 months, with no success.

gavnad
29-12-2003, 21:27
whats the problem with exceeding the minimum spend?

it would be more of a problem if you didn't make the min spend!

it can't be for the reason you think as everyone has a different bill date so perhaps a tad of paranoia is seeping in lol

as regards the dialup box you'd be better off requesting carrier pre select no need then for dial boxes or prefixes

Graham F
29-12-2003, 21:34
whats the problem with exceeding the minimum spend?

it would be more of a problem if you didn't make the min spend!

it can't be for the reason you think as everyone has a different bill date so perhaps a tad of paranoia is seeping in lol

as regards the dialup box you'd be better off requesting carrier pre select no need then for dial boxes or prefixes

At a guess I would say that the problem with exceeding the £15 is that he/she would need to pay more money :shrug:

If ntl are offering Online Billing they should make damn sure it works :mad: instead I have no doubt they will put prices up in 2004!! :mad:

gavnad
29-12-2003, 23:11
prices aint gonna go down scoob and thats a fact

the only thing with going over the min spend is the calls would have appeared on the bt bill anyways unless of course your usage is never more than 15.00 per month anyway, thats when the lack of an up to date bill is a pain and of course more expensive

super2
20-01-2004, 21:01
My billing screen says the same thing. It does not stop the full billed amount coming from my account. I want out.
Andrew

jonban
02-02-2004, 10:50
Suddenly it (the billing) is working again

No idea about whether the actual dial up is working as I switched to PAYG in Dec. and am now enjoying 512k adsl with freedom2surf