PDA

View Full Version : ntlcommunity

lemarsh
22-12-2003, 00:28
Just clicked by mistake the link http://www.ntlcommunity.com/, which I thought was the new 'technical' pages for NTL (as opposed to .co.uk).

But now they have a new page...

"Welcome To UK PC Net

LATEST COMPANY NEWS: 23.12.03 New Websites:

The new UK PC Net website will soon be completed as will the new UK PC Hosting website."

Strange - today is the 21st !

Are they going to be providing support for NTL?

quadplay
22-12-2003, 00:32
Nope, just a simple cybersquatter. http://community.ntl.com/ is the new site, but it's not online at the moment.

Paul
22-12-2003, 01:30
Obviously it is beyond NTL's capability to put a simple holding page on it instead of just letting it fail. :rolleyes:

Sociable
22-12-2003, 01:32
Obviously it is beyond NTL's capability to put a simple holding page on it instead of just letting it fail. :rolleyes:

They did but the glue melted after it had been "holding" for 6 months. :)

Bifta
22-12-2003, 02:02

Correct, it's totally beyond NTL's ability what with it not being owned by them, it's owned by :

First Name: matthew
Last Name: Cullum

Perhaps you should moan at him for not sticking a web site up.

Admin Edit: Address Details Removed

quadplay
22-12-2003, 02:05
I think pem was referring to community.ntl.com - which is fair enough, there should really be a holding page at least. I don't see why they took it down at all. But I don't think it's very fair to put that bloke's full address and telephone number on a public forum. I know it's available publically to anyone who searches for it, but fewer people are likely to search for it than find it here.

Bifta
22-12-2003, 02:09
I think pem was referring to community.ntl.com - which is fair enough, there should really be a holding page at least. I don't see why they took it down at all. But I don't think it's very fair to put that bloke's full address and telephone number on a public forum. I know it's available publically to anyone who searches for it, but fewer people are likely to search for it than find it here.

Fair enough, but did NTL actually take the site down or is there some kind of fault?

quadplay
22-12-2003, 02:17
I believe it was taken down deliberately, as it's been down for some time now, and I seem to remember seeing it listed as a known fault a while back, but the explanation given was something about being down for review until further notice.

Sociable
22-12-2003, 02:33
Ok this is the situation community.ntl.com is the "Official" NTL site but that is off-line largely for "security" reasons following the site being creatively changed so that the links pointed to other sites including Oftel and also here.

The other site is an unofficial site ntlcommunity.com was set up to mimic/parody the official one but it would appear the person owning that domain (nothing to do with NTL) is having problems with the hosting of the site.

The site which still has a "holding" page is the old nthellworld.com site but that has been on a two week hold lasting well over a month and counting so far.

Hope thats helps get you up to speed. :)

John Doe
22-12-2003, 13:37
yes. community.ntl was up for a bit and was quite useful. It had things like driver files and guides to tech pc faults (winsocks) etc which was good. but no more...

Paul
22-12-2003, 14:45
Correct, it's totally beyond NTL's ability what with it not being owned by them.....
Erm, I think you will find that community.ntl.com is owned by NTL.

Mick
22-12-2003, 15:05
Erm, I think you will find that community.ntl.com is owned by NTL.

I think Bifta was on about Matthew Cullums site ntlcommunity.com. :cool:

Paul
22-12-2003, 15:25
I think Bifta was on about Matthew Cullums site ntlcommunity.com. :cool:
Indeed - I however, was not. :D

Mal
22-12-2003, 15:34
I seem to remember this thread...
http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1713&page=1&pp=15&highlight=NTLCOMMUNITY
where it was stated that he had sold it to ntl.

matty4donnas' posts were deleted, so it looks a bit weird.