PDA

View Full Version : Who will Win!!

dieselking
20-12-2003, 11:41
Who do u want/think will win pop Idol tonight??

Mark
Michelle
Couldn't care less
I never watch it

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 11:59
Who do u want/think will win pop Idol tonight??

Mark
Michelle
Couldn't care less
I never watch it

you did post a poll my mate and i have gone for the Couldn't care less option :)

manufactured drivel imho :(

dieselking
20-12-2003, 12:10
Cheers Paul :)

I voted for Mark. I don't think he is a very good singer but he's better than Michelle (just) :)

Ramrod
20-12-2003, 12:34
The 'couldn't care less' and 'never watch it' options could be merged. :D

dieselking
20-12-2003, 13:02
Am I the only sad sod who watches pop idol on here? LOL :) :D :D

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 13:10

looks like it mate :rofl: :rofl:

never mind you will get over it , ozzy getting no1 will help i reckon :tu:

MadGamer
20-12-2003, 14:02
Michelle

smicer07
20-12-2003, 14:17
Hope the fat personality-less one doesn't win

ian@huth
20-12-2003, 14:42
Pop Idol wouldn't be so bad if they had a decent voting system. In theory the best two should end up in the final but this is not the case due to the way they decide who should be eliminated.

Last week there were about 3 million votes cast. You could theoretically ended up with a situation where Mark only got one vote and ended up in the final. Say Mark's mum voted for him and every other voter thought that he was absolutely cr*p and couldn't decide who was the better of Sam and Michelle but in the end they all plumped for Michelle. That would also have put Sam out even though he was far better than Mark.

The best method would be for viewers to vote for the person they wanted out out of the competition and that should give a much fairer result.

They must make a fortune out of the telephone and text charges and for all we know they may disregard the actual votes and select who should be out based on marketing factors and keeping the show prominent in the news.

Nor
20-12-2003, 14:48
I think the public should vote who they want out aswell. In the first series it was like that I think for a short time. But they said something like there was campaigns to vote a certain person out so they decided to change it. Its been like this ever since.

I reckon they get more people voting this way and at the end of the day thats what its all about :)

Paul
20-12-2003, 17:51
I'm definitely in the "never watch it - don't give a toss" group - I find all these Pop Idol & Big Brother type programmes totally dire.

Bex
20-12-2003, 17:55
i think i watched the first pop idol but because they keep repeating it and you have "fame academy" on bbc1 i got bored of the whole thing and stopped watching them..hate to say it but got bored of big brother towards the end also..sometimes you can have too much of a ummmm 'good' thing..as the saying goes

luftys
20-12-2003, 18:53
i think i watched the first pop idol but because they keep repeating it and you have "fame academy" on bbc1 i got bored of the whole thing and stopped watching them..hate to say it but got bored of big brother towards the end also..sometimes you can have too much of a ummmm 'good' thing..as the saying goes
Too much of a good thing :confused: wat have you been watching bex :shrug:
They are both for the young and brainless :banghead:

swoop101
20-12-2003, 19:14
Sam should have won it.
so says Mrs swoop

Jarandco
20-12-2003, 19:21

My sister watches it, if that helps! :p She wanted Sam to win now its Michelle cos she dont like Mark! :p :D

MadGamer
20-12-2003, 21:29
Michelle won POP IDOL.

dieselking
20-12-2003, 21:39
Michelle won POP IDOL.

I know, How?? Why??? :( :( :( :( :(

Nor
20-12-2003, 21:41
Have to say she seems one of those demanding Diva's in the making :)

Jarandco
20-12-2003, 21:46
I know, How?? Why??? :( :( :( :( :(

cos she was better than mark! :rolleyes:

Mark seemed like he knewe she had won before they announced it! :shrug:

Jarandco
20-12-2003, 21:47

That could be true, but time will tell! :)

dieselking
20-12-2003, 21:49

LOL True :) She didn't deserve to win. Mark isn't brillient but he is a lot better that Michelle Isnââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t a †˜pop idolââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ suppose to be reasonable looking & have a certain amount of sex appeal and have a reasonable voice?? Michelle fails in all of these factors so why has she won?? :shrug: :shrug: :(

Jarandco
20-12-2003, 21:51
She had a good voice....

Bifta
20-12-2003, 21:56

No doubt she'll demand a basket of pies in her dressing room.

dieselking
20-12-2003, 21:58
She had a good voice....

I think she did on some songs but not on others :)

Nor
20-12-2003, 22:04
Diesel I think we have enough pop idols at the moment who are pop idols cos they are good looking, have sex appeal and a reasonable voice. Thats why the industry is so crap.

The whole industry is serving kiddies who like image over talent. Its why its in such a state. People can slate these shows, but at least it allows good singers to prosper over the manufactured tat that usually gets signed.

Frank
21-12-2003, 02:00
She had a good voice....Maybe, but she's hardly a pop idol...more like a pie idol.

Nor
21-12-2003, 02:21
Thats the problem Keyser. She gets voted by the viewing public to be the pop idol for 2 reasons. 1 she has a great voice but 2 she is fat and its just natural instinct for us all to want the underdog to win things on the telly.

Now that she's won it though she's no longer the underdog. She's a pop star, and she'll get slated at every turn.

The papers have been championing her cause of late, but give it a few months they'll be out for blood cos she doesn't fit the mould of the manufactured perfect 'pop idol' who are more often than not boring as f*ck. Don't get me wrong though, she's gonna be boring as f*ck too cos she's as manufactured as everyone else.

Bifta
21-12-2003, 02:27
... not forgetting that she looks like an even fatter Sonia Jackson.