PDA

View Full Version : Distraction

Defiant
20-12-2003, 00:08
22.40 - 23.15 CH4

Everytime Jon from Big brother got a question wrong he had to burn one thousand pound live on tv. Now is this just me but iI thought it was illegal to burn money ?

peachey
20-12-2003, 00:09
22.40 - 23.15 CH4

Everytime Jon from Big brother got a question wrong he had to burn one thousand pound live on tv. Now is this just me but iI thought it was illegal to burn money ?

yep
it is illegal and treason to damage an image of a ruling monarch

(and....though i am not 100%...it is illegal to call a pub the same name as a currenlty ruling monarch)

Nor
20-12-2003, 00:11
Yeah prolly is.

danielf
20-12-2003, 00:13
While it looks like the real thing, it may not be proper notes. (i.e. Don't believe everything you see on tele, kids!!!)

Defiant
20-12-2003, 00:15
While it looks like the real thing, it may not be proper notes.

They done a close up on the notes so if they weren't real they were colour photocopied which is illegal too

peachey
20-12-2003, 00:18
While it looks like the real thing, it may not be proper notes. (i.e. Don't believe everything you see on tele, kids!!!)

the whole things a bit suspect

if we banged him up for counterfitting or treason - either way - it would shut the prat up for a while

danielf
20-12-2003, 00:20
They done a close up on the notes so if they weren't real they were colour photocopied which is illegal too

Yes, but are those the notes that actually go on the fire? Frankly, I couldn't be bothered either way, but I would imagine it is token money that goes on the fire. Even Ch4 have better use for money than physically burning it.

danielf
20-12-2003, 00:22
the whole things a bit suspect

if we banged him up for counterfitting or treason - either way - it would shut the prat up for a while

errm, what prat are we talking about exactly?

peachey
20-12-2003, 00:24
errm, what prat are we talking about exactly?

Jon from Big brother

it was in the first post

Nor
20-12-2003, 00:31
Jon has only been on it once though.

danielf
20-12-2003, 00:39
If any laws are broken on the show,the responsibility is for the people making the show, which has been running for a while now, and should be taken off for insulting the public's taste anyway ;). Apologies to anyone who likes the show...

peachey
20-12-2003, 00:50
If any laws are broken on the show,the responsibility is for the people making the show, which has been running for a while now, and should be taken off for insulting the public's taste anyway ;). Apologies to anyone who likes the show...

to be honest I have never seen this run of the show

but the bloke must be a prat by way of being on it at all

:-)
merry christmas all!

Paul
20-12-2003, 01:09
22.40 - 23.15 CH4

They could give it to me - I'd "burn" it for them ... Honest ;)

Nor
20-12-2003, 01:12
Well Jon was on it and made about £6000 for cancer research in the UK. I'd be happy to be a pratt and raise £6000 for charity myself.

Write to channel 4 and ask if they use real money. I somehow think their legal team will have anticipated the problem of burning money and legislated for it.

peachey
20-12-2003, 01:19
Well Jon was on it and made about £6000 for cancer research in the UK. I'd be happy to be a pratt and raise £6000 for charity myself.

Write to channel 4 and ask if they use real money. I somehow think their legal team will have anticipated the problem of burning money and legislated for it.

it's an odd and arrogant gambit to burn cash

I do not approve of it

Nor
20-12-2003, 01:23
So you say hes a pratt for being on it. Then when I say he earned £6000 for charity your argument is you don't approve of burning cash ? What is your argument exactly ?

Theodoric
21-12-2003, 23:01
22.40 - 23.15 CH4

I'm not sure whether it is illegal to burn money. However, if as you claim, they are alive, then I think that the RSPCA (or even Gordon Brown) may take a dim view of such cruelty. :)

What is illegal is defacing coinage. Specifically, some bright spark in the late 19th Century started stamping adverts on coins. IIRC, it was discovered that this was not illegal and a law had to be passed to make it so.