PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the light

Chris
30-06-2003, 09:54
I Visited my mum's house at the weekend. She has Freeview. The interactive pages look better than my ntl and load about 10 times faster. I was absolutely amazed because I have become used to no longer having an effective teletext service of any kind since getting digital TV (we don't have a roof aerial so no analogue channels).

What has gone wrong with the 'digital revolution'? I thought my ntl digital was meant to be the better platform (original ntl area with lilac graphics). Have I got it wrong? Do I in fact have some inferior interactive service? Or is this as good as it gets?

And anyone want to tell me whether Sky is any better?

/me is disillusioned :(

PS Does anyone know wht ntl has reserved a channel on Freeview? There's nothing broadcasting on it but it's listed in the STB's channel guide.

Gogogo
30-06-2003, 09:58
This is what I've been posting elsewhere. Whilst ntl can't be bothered about us exCWC & exVideotroners, Freeview has been providing some good basic interactive for Wimbledon agreed it's very good.

:wavey:

Ben
30-06-2003, 09:58
My interactive has allways played up. Takes around 30 min's to bring the main interactive page up most days.

The thing is they have had quite a while to resolve the interactive slow down in some areas :rolleyes:

danielf
30-06-2003, 10:21
Originally posted by Gandalf
My interactive has allways played up. Takes around 30 min's to bring the main interactive page up most days.

The thing is they have had quite a while to resolve the interactive slow down in some areas :rolleyes:

Yeah, same here. I had to move to digital as I subscribe to film four and NTL stopped carrying that on analogue. The upshot of it was that I lost teletext, and 'gained' an interactive service that is unusable. At least last year, with Wimbledon and the World Cup we got the extra channels showing additional matches, but this year with Wimbledon we got nothing. This had better be fixed when Euro 2004 comes around, cause otherwise I will definitely be considering my options.

Edit: Who made that quote green? It wasn't me...

Peter
30-06-2003, 11:45
Originally posted by towny
What has gone wrong with the 'digital revolution'?

Nothing went wrong, it's called Sky Digital. NTL has just gone a p!ss poor job.

Lew
30-06-2003, 12:17
Apart from the EPG and larger selection of channels I see very little on ntl's digital service that wasn't available on the old analogue service. It seems that 'ntl' and 'interactive/etv' are mutually exclusive terms :(

spiderplant
30-06-2003, 12:57
Originally posted by towny

PS Does anyone know wht ntl has reserved a channel on Freeview? There's nothing broadcasting on it but it's listed in the STB's channel guide.

In the OnDig days it carried ntl's own EPG. In fact it was only taken off air a month or so ago as it was horribly out of date (it still listed channels which were on OnDig but aren't on FreeView).

matty4donna
30-06-2003, 13:57
My interactive for Winbledon is fine, i get the full access to all 5 screens and more interactive content via a much improved interface.

Im Ex-CWC on Pace 1000. :)

paul11974
30-06-2003, 14:19
Originally posted by matty4donna
My interactive for Winbledon is fine, i get the full access to all 5 screens and more interactive content via a much improved interface.

Im Ex-CWC on Pace 1000. :)

me 2 :D

albone
30-06-2003, 14:38
Unless your in a good area sky can be s**t too! as a friend of mine has recently found out it does depend on having a good signal coming to your house. Freeveiw ain't bad and ntl's channel on there hasn't had anything on it since xmas. As thats when we went on it.