PDA

View Full Version : :shrug: Why do we do it

Colin
18-12-2003, 17:41
I know this information means nothing to you, and you probably dont even care. But since i am telling everyone who breathes i thought i may as well let you know as well.

Today at 17:41 i finished the last of FIVE, yes you heard right FIVE 5000 word assignments. All really hard, all really big, all completly done.

For the past 2 months i have been cracking on with them, working my hardest to get them spot on, and i think i may have succeeded.

I can't believe the university handed them all out at the same time. They know how hard it is to do them

I am now going home now, getting drunk and am not coming back to uni till 2004.

Once again sorry for giving you pointless info, but i just cant help it

col

edit please move this thread to lifestyle. posted wrong am very tired sorry

Maggy
18-12-2003, 18:01
I know this information means nothing to you, and you probably dont even care. But since i am telling everyone who breathes i thought i may as well let you know as well.

Today at 17:41 i finished the last of FIVE, yes you heard right FIVE 5000 word assignments. All really hard, all really big, all completly done.

For the past 2 months i have been cracking on with them, working my hardest to get them spot on, and i think i may have succeeded.

I can't believe the university handed them all out at the same time. They know how hard it is to do them

col

edit please move this thread to lifestyle. posted wrong am very tired sorry

Yes but you know now what you are truly capable of doing when push comes to shove.It means that you can really appreciate the grading you recieve and eventually you will have the pleasure of knowing how worth while it all will be when you obtain your degree.No pain,no gain.If it is too easy it may make it seem devalued.

Well done and I hope you get a really great grade.

Incog :)

Scarlett
18-12-2003, 18:39

Ouch!, I had enough problems with programming stuff and that was mostly code.

Only time will tell on that one but at least you can get some well earned rest now!
BTW, sorry to be the one to break this but if your not yet in your final year, it gets worse then.

I can well believe it! I did a dual honers degree and that means at least 2 main courses each term per subject. There was absolutly no communication* between depts, so we'd often get all the big assignments in the same week.

*at least I hope there was no communication, the thought that the depts all worked together to give assignments out at the same time doesn't bear thinking about. :eek:

col

hallelujah! Just a little hint, if you stop drinking about a day before you get back then you might even manage to turn up sober hehe :D

Scarlett
18-12-2003, 18:48
Yes but you know now what you are truly capable of doing when push comes to shove...

Working 72 hours straight with only a few hours sleep :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay it was my dissertation but never again.

And No I didn't leave it all till the last minute, the printing out and compiling maybe and some conclusions but the vast majority was done I dread to think what would have happened if I haddn't got the majority done, it would probably have involved re-writing the laws of physics just to get the time to do it.

Scarlett.

p.s. How about that for a dissertation title. 'A study of Einsteins Thoery of relativity with respect to faster than light travel and its application in the writing of this dissertation in 1 week.'

Xaccers
18-12-2003, 19:13
I do 12 hr shifts.
Tonight the nightshift is going to be late, so I'll be doing more.
I didn't sleep last night.

Colin
19-12-2003, 14:51
Ouch!, I had enough problems with programming stuff and that was mostly code.

Only time will tell on that one but at least you can get some well earned rest now!
BTW, sorry to be the one to break this but if your not yet in your final year, it gets worse then.

I'm only in my 2nd year so got a lot more to go. I've heard a rumor that i might not have to do a disatation so that might ease the pain

I can well believe it! I did a dual honers degree and that means at least 2 main courses each term per subject. There was absolutly no communication* between depts, so we'd often get all the big assignments in the same week.

*at least I hope there was no communication, the thought that the depts all worked together to give assignments out at the same time doesn't bear thinking about. :eek:

Do you think they do it on purpose??

hallelujah! Just a little hint, if you stop drinking about a day before you get back then you might even manage to turn up sober hehe :D

I don't plan to stay sober at all over christmas, this is my time, and i'm going to use it very wisely

Bex
19-12-2003, 18:53
Working 72 hours straight with only a few hours sleep :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay it was my dissertation but never again.

And No I didn't leave it all till the last minute, the printing out and compiling maybe and some conclusions but the vast majority was done I dread to think what would have happened if I haddn't got the majority done, it would probably have involved re-writing the laws of physics just to get the time to do it.

Scarlett.

p.s. How about that for a dissertation title. 'A study of Einsteins Thoery of relativity with respect to faster than light travel and its application in the writing of this dissertation in 1 week.'

scarlett i know that feeling, i put off doing a lot of my dissertation research until the week before it was due in....so had to read loads of philosophers work (although i had photocopied it all) and then write 9000 words :erm: :bigcry:

col mate, bet you have about a month off right? lucky devil, i miss those days *sigh* oh to be a student again and not have to get up at silly o'clock and go to work....

hope you are out having a few too many :beer: and having a giggle my dear...no shutting yourself in your room and reading tonight ;):p