PDA

View Full Version : Pcworld - ordering

dilli-theclaw
18-12-2003, 14:48
Has anyone here had a problem with recieving items they have ordered from pcworld?

I ordered a Fuji s3000 (189.99) camera from their web site on the 4th of december and am still awaiting delivery.

Now Every time I phone I get told I have to allow more time for delivery as they have run out of stock.

But when I look the site it is shown as in stock - but at a higher price than what I ordered it at.

They've taken the money out and I have an order number.

I am distinctly worried I won't have a camera at xmas at this rate.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

paulyoung666
18-12-2003, 14:51
Has anyone here had a problem with recieving items they have ordered from pcworld?

I ordered a Fuji s3000 (189.99) camera from their web site on the 4th of december and am still awaiting delivery.

Now Every time I phone I get told I have to allow more time for delivery as they have run out of stock.

But when I look the site it is shown as in stock - but at a higher price than what I ordered it at.

They've taken the money out and I have an order number.

I am distinctly worried I won't have a camera at xmas at this rate.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

well for a start i dont think they should have took the money before it was despatched , that is adding insult to injury , how about asking them to credit the money and going elsewhere :)

dilli-theclaw
18-12-2003, 14:54
well for a start i dont think they should have took the money before it was despatched , that is adding insult to injury , how about asking them to credit the money and going elsewhere :)

I asked about this today - and was told that if i did that I wouldn't actually have it back in my account b4 xmas.

Basically I have to hope to get the camera in time. I can't afford to go and get another one :(

paulyoung666
18-12-2003, 14:57
I asked about this today - and was told that if i did that I wouldn't actually have it back in my account b4 xmas.

Basically I have to hope to get the camera in time. I can't afford to go and get another one :(

have you tried asking for a supervisor or someone like that to try and get things moving , the only other option i can think of is ask them if you could get a camera from a pcworld store and get them to sort the paperwork out because it is there **** up , might be worth asking :)

dilli-theclaw
18-12-2003, 15:00
have you tried asking for a supervisor or someone like that to try and get things moving , the only other option i can think of is ask them if you could get a camera from a pcworld store and get them to sort the paperwork out because it is there **** up , might be worth asking :)

That is a great idea - I think I'll call them in the morning and ask them about that :) cheers. :p

paulyoung666
18-12-2003, 15:12
That is a great idea - I think I'll call them in the morning and ask them about that :) cheers. :p

sure hope it works for you , lay it on thick :naughty: :)

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 09:56
just wondering how you got on my mate :)

MadGamer
20-12-2003, 11:12
When my dad ordered M$ Train Simulator, it took a week for delivery. And i almost forgot they charge you for delivery as well.

Jon T
20-12-2003, 11:44
They don't use Initial City Link as courierrs do they, if so see my thread located at http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5450

Jon

dilli-theclaw
20-12-2003, 18:17
just wondering how you got on my mate :)

Turns out that even tho the order was in the system they hadn't passed it onto the relevent department to be processed. And wasn't likely to even be processed till January 5th.

The wouldn't let me to go a pcworld and collect one from there.

My refund (After I spoke to a supervisor) is likey to take 3 - 7 working days - according to them.

So I guess I'm pretty stuffed with regards getting a digicam before christmas unless it's 3 or 4 days.

IF I get my refund in time I'm off to argos to try and get hold of the Fuji S304 (Which is the next model up to the one I WAS getting)

p.s. Jon T - I think they use DHL for delivery.

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 18:18
ahhhhhhhhh thats **** man , pity my idea didnt work , i would have given them a right good ****ing bollocking if it was me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maggy
20-12-2003, 18:38
Turns out that even tho the order was in the system they hadn't passed it onto the relevent department to be processed. And wasn't likely to even be processed till January 5th.

My refund (After I spoke to a supervisor) is likey to take 3 - 7 working days - according to them.

So I guess I'm pretty stuffed with regards getting a digicam before christmas unless it's 3 or 4 days.

IF I get my refund in time I'm off to argos to try and get hold of the Fuji S304 (Which is the next model up to the one I WAS getting)

p.s. Jon T - I think they use DHL for delivery.

Ahhhh! DHL.I hate them.

Incog.

MadGamer
20-12-2003, 18:46

p.s. Jon T - I think they use DHL for delivery. Look HERE (http://www.fuji.co.uk/digital/cameras/f410/index.php?page=more&lpage=/digital/cameras/range.php)

aliferste
20-12-2003, 18:51
THAT has got to be one of the most annotinf situations ever!!!!
I dunno, I would phone them up and DEMAND they give you your cash back through one of their stores....say you ar egoing to write to the papers.....you have just had a baby and now you wont be able to have any pictures on your first crimbo with them......spread it on real thick!!!

keithwalton
20-12-2003, 18:53
nout wrong with dhl they managed to get my replacement computer parts from the netherlands (komplett) to me in less than 18 hours from ordering.

i ordered from them about 3:30pm on monday, komplett had it packed up and ready togo by 5pm, dhl picked it up at 6pm and it was with my at 9:15 the next morning. I had tracking to from a few mins after they picked it up i could find where it was up until it was delivered to me.

K

Jonboy
20-12-2003, 19:17
you should have gone into a store and raised merry hell
as the more times big companys get away with this sort of thing the more times they will do it
we had a problem with a phone company they owed us money (makes a change i know ) but a refund was not going to happen wanted to credit our next bill untill my wife went to their offices and refused to move untill it was sorted , it was took three hours tho but we got our refund their and then

dilli-theclaw
20-12-2003, 19:39
News update....

The Mother in Law has just lent me the £250 to go get the one from Argos 2morro.... Nice :)

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 19:45
News update....

The Mother in Law has just lent me the £250 to go get the one from Argos 2morro.... Nice :)

awwwwwwwwww that was nice of her , you must remember to give her a big xmas kiss for it though :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dilli-theclaw
20-12-2003, 19:56
awwwwwwwwww that was nice of her , you must remember to give her a big xmas kiss for it though :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well - it has movie mode too - maybe i should make a little video with her :naughty:

paulyoung666
20-12-2003, 20:06
Well - it has movie mode too - maybe i should make a little video with her :naughty:

down shep , glad you are at least half sorted :tu: :)

Jonboy
20-12-2003, 20:12
hey thats great news i might even talk to my motherinlaw now :D