PDA

View Full Version : ntl tv and broadband

isbfan01
17-12-2003, 10:59
I have recently had broadband installed but am having an intermittent problem with the TV freezing and jumping and the internet link dropping. An engineer has called to install another splitter box and tidy up the cabling, this however does not appear to have solved the problem.

Someone has suggested that its an operating problem with NTL broadband.

Anyone had similar problems ?

Thanks

paulyoung666
17-12-2003, 11:04
I have recently had broadband installed but am having an intermittent problem with the TV freezing and jumping and the internet link dropping. An engineer has called to install another splitter box and tidy up the cabling, this however does not appear to have solved the problem.

Thanks

:welcome: to the site :)

can you supply a bit more info ??????????

has it done it since dauy one etc :)

Neil
17-12-2003, 11:19

Thanks

Hi, & Welcome to nthw.

I am presuming you are getting your BB via your Set Top Box? Can you tell us what model it is?, & also does the 'interactive' work when this problem occurs?

It does seem to be a common problem with some models of STB, you may be better off asking for a SACM (stand alone cable modem) if you don't use the TV package.

Also are you connected via ethernet or USB? & can you tell us a bit more about your PC (the more info the better)

HTH.

th'engineer
17-12-2003, 12:12
Could be levels check your snr and return path levels details here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/signal.html#pacediag) if you have a 1000 STB its probably that which service are you on 128,600 or 1 meg