PDA

View Full Version : NTL and Betfair

Bulldog
27-09-2006, 14:37
Hi

Does anybody get any specific problems with Betfair?

Apart from the fact that the NTL "service" I receive is generally poor, occasionally worse and sometimes unusable (that's with a 5 meg connection!!) I get specific problems with Betfair. It is very slow to load and place bets. It often freezes my PC as it refreshes. Surely 5 meg Broadband should be able to open a web page. Isn't that what it's for?

Anyone else get the same problems?

Paul K
27-09-2006, 15:44
Have you checked your Proxy settings as it could be that you need to change proxies to get a better speed but I'm a bit perplexed why you think it's NTLs fault if the website crashes your PC or browser?
What operating system and browser are you running, is your flash player up to date and have you run a scan on your system for any nasties that may be lurking and causing problems?

smicer07
27-09-2006, 17:08
I have a problem with Betfair using IE on NTL. Firefox is fine.

Paul K
28-09-2006, 06:00
Which is strange as Betfair works fine with IE7 on NTL here :erm:

Bulldog
20-10-2006, 16:24
I always get the crashes when NTL starts to run slowly in general. It just seems unable to cope with the large graphic content of Betfair.

I tried Firefox and it barely worked at all. I have ie6. May be worth installing ie7 to see if it improves.

A couple of days back I disabled the internal modem on the PC and touch wood I've not had a freeze since then.

Running a Netgear Rangemax wirless set up now. No slower than cabled Eethernt and would recommend it to anyone looking to go wireless.

PhilvRS
10-11-2006, 21:22
I'm trying betfairs new poker client now, but i cant get a connection for longer than 10 seconds!

The old client was fine so i dont think its NTL's fault?