PDA

View Full Version : Odd broadband installation problem

hawkseye000
26-09-2006, 15:00
I had ntl broadband installed (Cable modem) today at my student house, and have had a problem setting it up.

I get a code 207 error during installation from the cd: "Your pin is not appropriate for this registration"

If I go through the autoregister.net method, it gets right to the end (it even gives me a password, and my webspace address), then I get an error message along the lines of: Error activating cable account, Incorrectformat.

After speaking with several members of staff in technical support and customer services, who had reactivated my PIN number, but to no effect, one technical support person said that I needed to ask a customer service person to "complete the order" of the broadband. The customer support person understood this, and they talked to the sales department because my broadband account had not been activated, apparently, despite having had the modem fitted.
However, my mobile phone credit ran out (I have spent £8 of credit on the phone today because several people did not know how to resolve the situation), which disconnected me as the customer support person was consulting with the sales department. I do not have a land-line telephone, either.

I have e-mailed the problem to the ntl technical support e-mail address, but no reply as of yet (about an hour after sending).

The problem is that i'm not exactly sure of the problem, something to do with my broadband account not being properly activated, and I have no way of contacting them if they ignore my e-mail.

Can anyone explain exactly what is wrong, and what you think I should do next?

Thanks.

hawkseye000
26-09-2006, 17:19
Update: problem solved after finding a local phone box and whinging at ntl for a while ;)

DaveC
27-09-2006, 19:33
How did you solve it? I think I may have a similar problem with the CM not being registered, but I haven't got a welcome letter with all the necessary pin and serial numbers on.

BTW its no good emailing them, mine got returned after 4 days because their inbox was full!!

Paul K
27-09-2006, 20:02
Have you called them? May just be that your account needs setting up properly on their systems.